Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Letter to the IRS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Letter to the IRS Empty
PostSubject: Letter to the IRS   Letter to the IRS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:12 am

This guy says that the following letter, which was published in his local newspaper, was meant in jest. But he's still probably headed straight to Audit Alley.

Ed Barnett wrote:
Dear IRS,
I'm sorry to inform you that I'm not going to be able to pay the taxes owed on April 15th, but all is not lost. I paid these taxes, accounts receivable tax, building permit tax, CDL tax, corporate income tax, dog license tax, federal income tax, unemployment tax, gas tax, hunting license tax, fishing license tax, waterfowl stamp tax, inheritance tax, inventory tax, liquor tax, luxury tax, Medicare tax, city tax, school and county property tax up to 33% the last four years. Real estate tax, Social Security tax, road use tax, toll road tax, state and city sales tax, recreational vehicle tax, sales franchise tax, state unemployment tax, federal excise tax, telephone tax, telephone federal state and local surcharge tax, telephone minimum usage surcharge tax, telephone state and local tax, utility tax, vehicle tax, registration tax, capital gains tax, lease severance tax, oil and gas assessment tax, Colorado property tax, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Mexico sales tax and many more I can't recall and I've run out of space and money.

When you do not receive my check April 15th, just know that it was an honest mistake. Please treat me the same as the way you've treated Congressman Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, ex-congressman Tom Daschle and, of course, your boss, Timothy Geithner. No penalties, no interest.

Ed Barnett
Wichita Falls, TX

PS: I'll make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my stimulus check.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Letter to the IRS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to the IRS   Letter to the IRS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:51 pm

My head is being taxed by all of this. Does that count too?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Letter to the IRS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to the IRS   Letter to the IRS Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
My head is being taxed by all of this. Does that count too?

Not yet, but if they can find a way to tax it, they will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letter to the IRS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to the IRS   Letter to the IRS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter to the IRS
Page 1 of 1