Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Just when I thought I had a respectable job...

Go down 
+2
BigBadBeast
Rog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Empty
PostSubject: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

I found out I was worse than a welfare queen, bleeding the taxpayers dry.

One in every 31 adults, or 7.3 million Americans, is in prison, on parole or probation, at a cost to the states of $47 billion in 2008, according to a new study...The increases in the number of people in some form of correctional control occurred as crime rates declined by about 25 percent in the past two decades...Criminal correction spending is outpacing budget growth in education, transportation and public assistance, based on state and federal data.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/us/03prison.html?_r=1&hp
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:37 am

I say stick all the serious/violent offenders on an island full of video cameras and give them their own channel.

Release most drug offenders. Leave the pot folk alone, send the heroin/cocaine/other guys to countries where most of said drugs are produced and just cut them loose.

let the kiddie touchers and white collar criminals have an hour a day on the prison channel to fight to the death in arena style gladiator matches using old computer components and stuffed animals as weapons.

Or just treat them like fucking prisoners and stop giving them better treatment/services that we are likely to recieve staying at our local motels.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Now there's a plan of use for Alcatrez. They could send the criminals there. I have been saying something like this for a long time about getting all of them together. I just never thought about giving them their own cable channel which is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
Now there's a plan of use for Alcatrez. They could send the criminals there. I have been saying something like this for a long time about getting all of them together. I just never thought about giving them their own cable channel which is a great idea.
Damned secure, but damned expensive per prisoner.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 pm

no way, the advertising for the chanel would be outrageous. think about how long COPS has been on. Then think about how much more $$ you would make from PRISONERS without COPS. Not only would it pay for the prison but maybe the entire penal system.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:52 pm

anybody see the movie Death Race?
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:05 am

Terrible movie but I do enjoy Ian McShane. And a good way to promote my prison channel agenda.

Death Race

Death Race 2000 is the original and probably a more relevant way to get there these days.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
let the kiddie touchers and white collar criminals have an hour a day on the prison channel to fight to the death in arena style gladiator matches using old computer components and stuffed animals as weapons.

Would "white collar" include those who use the pictures and descriptions of a major league baseball game without the expressed written consent of the commissioner?
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 am

The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

Would "white collar" include those who use the pictures and descriptions of a major league baseball game without the expressed written consent of the commissioner?

I suppose unpaid commentators would be necessary.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:28 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

How about those who tear the tags off mattresses?
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:39 am

The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:
The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

Tax increase but no prison time.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 am

BigBadBeast wrote:
The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:
The Other One wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

Tax increase but no prison time.

90%?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just when I thought I had a respectable job...   Just when I thought I had a respectable job... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just when I thought I had a respectable job...
Page 1 of 1