Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

What are parents teaching their kids???

Go down 
+4
kayd
suzyj
The Other One
supermom75
8 posters
AuthorMessage
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-03-26

What are parents teaching their kids??? Empty
PostSubject: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am

Are there any other parents who have had their kids come home from school talking about the election and telling crazy stories about the candidates?

Yesterday my 3rd grader came home telling me that Obama was going to kill newborn babies!!!!!!!! I did not support Obama and I might have said some things about taxes, wars, or gun control, but this is going a bit far. These are kids, and we as adults have to remember that children do not understand what we talk about in front of them. We should think about their little minds and what outrageous visions they have in them when we discuss these things with them or around them.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am

supermom75 wrote:
Are there any other parents who have had their kids come home from school talking about the election and telling crazy stories about the candidates?

Yesterday my 3rd grader came home telling me that Obama was going to kill newborn babies!!!!!!!! I did not support Obama and I might have said some things about taxes, wars, or gun control, but this is going a bit far. These are kids, and we as adults have to remember that children do not understand what we talk about in front of them. We should think about their little minds and what outrageous visions they have in them when we discuss these things with them or around them.

The messiah's refusal to support the Illinois "Infant Born Alive Act" was brought up in the campaign. Essentially, the law would have required that medical attention be given to children born alive as the result of a botched abortion. There were anecdotal reports of these babies being left in closets to die and never reported as born.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:40 am

Kinda like when you were hatching eggs in an incubator in grade school, and a few days before they are ready, cracking one open and seeing the heart beat, and saying that was an abortion. Anyone remember that? Its real subtle.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah, we know about that, T.O.O., but what are these kids being told at school, or what do they overhear from their parents, that they're repeating to their friends? Why is a 3rd grader talking about Obama killing newborn babies?
There are things my husband and I discuss within earshot of our kids, 3rd and 5th grades, but we're very careful when it comes to such sensitive subjects. Obviously, not all parents are concerned with how these young kids interpret what's said. That is too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 am

suzyr wrote:
Yeah, we know about that, T.O.O., but what are these kids being told at school, or what do they overhear from their parents, that they're repeating to their friends? Why is a 3rd grader talking about Obama killing newborn babies?
There are things my husband and I discuss within earshot of our kids, 3rd and 5th grades, but we're very careful when it comes to such sensitive subjects. Obviously, not all parents are concerned with how these young kids interpret what's said. That is too bad.

Where does supermom's kid go to school? Maybe it came from the teacher.
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Oh yeah, I know about the born alive act, I'm just concerned about the children hearing their parents, and then not understanding, go to school and tell their friends that Obama is going to let "unwanted newborn babies be taken away from their moms, and put into a room and be left to starve to death".......
It was the kids at school, not the teachers, believe me if it had come from a teacher, my husband and I would have been at the school this morning.
What do you say to an 8 year old who has a 5 month old baby sister, and is thinking Obama could come take his baby sis.....It was heartbreaking!!!
I just hope parents think twice when their discussing such fragile issues around their kids, and if they are going to discuss it with or around their kids, then make sure it's on their level.
Back to top Go down
kayd

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:49 pm

I've heard kids saying this too...they must be hearing it from their parents. I am not sure that any teacher would want to explain and/or talk about this to his/her students.

Last edited by kayd on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:16 pm

If Obama doesn't support giving medical aid to babies born alive during an abortion he isn't killing babies, but not far from it. This stuff has been on TV more than once. If your kid was alone 5 minutes with a TV set that's all it takes. You can't guard them from all the information in the world, but you can help them through the parts that are hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Wonder what kind of parents would be having discussions about Obama killing babies. Fundamentalist Christian perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Rog wrote:
Wonder what kind of parents would be having discussions about Obama killing babies. Fundamentalist Christian perhaps?

Or parents who listen to Limbaugh. The only addict in the world that Limbaugh does not think deserves prison (himself) is pretty upset about Obama winning and is trashing him heavily. But of course he still stops trashing Obama quite frequently to tell you what a super genius Rush Limbaugh is. Egotistical putz.
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:32 pm

feigned outrage is sooooooooooooo cool.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:10 pm

I just hope Obama goes along with Bob Barker and makes sure people get their pets deballed and deuterinized.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
I just hope Obama goes along with Bob Barker and makes sure people get their pets deballed and deuterinized.

That will be the first kids policy assignment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are parents teaching their kids???   What are parents teaching their kids??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are parents teaching their kids???
Page 1 of 1