Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

What is everyone doing for Halloween??

Go down 
+10
luv2cook
nitromaxx98
Bighead
zbounce
SlumberGirl
jewelz
slickjay12
Justoo
The Other One
wilkykav2
14 posters
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Empty
PostSubject: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Where you trick-or-treatin'?

What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Halloween2-1
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:30 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Where you trick-or-treatin'?

Staing home. I'll probably watch some of the Nuggets-Lakers game. Depends on what else is on. NBA League Pass is free for the first week of the season on DirecTV. After that, it will only be the Denver games and the nationally televised games. Watched the Phoenix-New Orleans game last night.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Going to the doings on Boot Hill. 18th & Fort @ 7 P.M. After that ???
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:40 pm

I am workin
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:46 pm

I am going to look for the Blue Light lady--hehe
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:58 pm

Jessks75 is taking the kids to Hace to trick or treat! they are so cute, then they will come back and trick or treat some in Ellis! But no water for them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 pm

I went to Toby Juggs after work for a few beers and came home. Giving out candy, that's about the size of it. I may go up to the Rail later and watch a band play. What is everyone doing for Halloween?? 629896
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
zbounce
Rookie
Rookie
zbounce

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:32 pm

Holding down the fort
Back to top Go down
http://www.scarecrowstone.com
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 pm

Fixing the wife's car and handing out candy. I'm dressed as a mechanic this year.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:01 pm

Bighead wrote:
Fixing the wife's car and handing out candy. I'm dressed as a mechanic this year.

That much be one hell of a hard part to play for you bighead
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:13 pm

Turnout was kinda sad this year. Seems the streets roll up at 9, at least here. What happened to Halloween?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:15 pm

the cops have everybody so scared
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:16 pm

Was down south here too. Outside of family we had a whopping FOUR trick or treaters. Sad

My brother in law said though that his parents had 67 at last count and they live over on Eisenhower. Shocked
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 pm

I don't think it's so much the cops as it is fear by parents that something WILL happen. The fear factor lives in the American mind. I understand as an over-protective parent (reminded every day), but, this IS HALLOWEEN, a day for kids to be kids. What is this world coming to?

Be safe! Be careful! Have Fun!

Good to see ya, wilky and Family!!!!
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:39 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
I don't think it's so much the cops as it is fear by parents that something WILL happen. The fear factor lives in the American mind. I understand as an over-protective parent (reminded every day), but, this IS HALLOWEEN, a day for kids to be kids. What is this world coming to?

so you son got to spend sometime with his future inlaws
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:49 pm

both say, ewwwww
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:13 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:

Ditto Nitro!!!We made it home without being chopped up lol!
I must share a couple of pics,one from our old neighbor's house-my favorite halloween house on Country Club off Hall-my halloween was made because I saw Big Bird!!!!!**also I have a 3 year old candy fiend who has gotten his first tummy ache and is puking.awwwww(he didn't really eat THAT much,he's just not used to that Very Happy )Halloween was a success!!!!But I do agree it was very quiet
What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Tree001-1
What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Tree002-1
What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Tree
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:45 pm

wilky you have some good lookin kids
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:56 pm

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 am

I had about 92 kids here so far if I didn't forget to count any. Probably would be well past 100 but there was a high school dance tonight. Might get a few of them shortly since the dance ends at 11:00.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:06 am

Wilky, when I was going to college and working several jobs...I used to clean that house that you took a pic in front of! cheers
Back to top Go down
lowrider
Rookie
Rookie
lowrider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:19 am

We had over sixty which is about what we usually have. Kids mostly from the neighborhood. Friends stopped by for a beer and said that there was a kid hit by a car a few blocks over.
Guess someone was leaving an adult party and was wasted. Just hope the kid is ok. Hope the driver enjoys camping with Sheriff Joe in tent city for some time.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:23 am

lowrider wrote:
We had over sixty which is about what we usually have. Kids mostly from the neighborhood. Friends stopped by for a beer and said that there was a kid hit by a car a few blocks over.
Guess someone was leaving an adult party and was wasted. Just hope the kid is ok. Hope the driver enjoys camping with Sheriff Joe in tent city for some time.
I hope the kid is ok!!! Here in Ellis we had about 12 or so. I gave them big hand full of candy!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:29 am

I think between my creepy lights and Josh with the chainsaw, we had about 6. candy victory for dad... cheers
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:31 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I had about 92 kids here so far if I didn't forget to count any. Probably would be well past 100 but there was a high school dance tonight. Might get a few of them shortly since the dance ends at 11:00.

It was a middle school dance, and yes they know their clock is off an hour...
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:20 am

Not a one. Nada. Zilch. Zero.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:41 pm

We probably had around 20 trick or treaters. Went over to a friend's house and drank some beers then came home, with a designated driver taking and picking me up. Never did make it to the Rail.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:19 pm

My kid count stopped at about 92. That is unless I count this one big older kid that stopped by to snag a couple Reeses cups.

Smiles at Luke.... Smile
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:22 pm

SG, your little dog avatar (your pup?) looks like Brutus when he was a pup. Too cute!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:55 pm

What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Pics057

My ghouls... sorry, this just cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:14 pm

suzyr wrote:
What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Pics057

My ghouls... sorry, this just cracks me up.
How cute!!! Little darlings. Jessks75 kids brught home more than 30 lb.s of candy! 30lbs!!! If you eat that don't that double?
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:35 pm

I didn't have one dang trick or treaTER!!! pOOP!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:00 pm

I had half that amount alg8tr
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:10 pm

alg8tr wrote:
I didn't have one dang trick or treaTER!!! pOOP!
ahhh did you have the orange lights on?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:27 pm

We had about 30 in tiny town.

I don't know how things are in Hays, but in 2 of the Topeka Wal Marts, there are tons of halloween mark downs: costumes, clothes, candy. In the last few years, there's been next to nothing.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:44 pm

Suzy, those costumes are pretty cute, but probably had the old Catholic ladies counting their beads. I was told that at least in Ellis costumes of ghosts devils and witches were on the banned costume list in the Catholic school. I'm sure my yard decor freaked them old church ladies out too.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:17 pm

The Baptist church here has a place for the kids to go, and play all kinds of school carnival type games, each Halloween. I couldn't tell you how many devils and witches were in there. I was surprised they were allowed in. Of course, there was nothing set up, in the sanctuary... I'd get blasted for sure, if I stepped inside there. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:50 pm

I havn't heard any Halloween complaints from the local Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, or Lutherans. The Lutheran minister even put up ghost for Halloween in his yard. A Catholic told me the ban on Ghost costumes in the school was because the only ghost they are supposed to believe in is the Holy Ghost. The devil and witch costume bans came along a few years after movies like The Exorcist offended Catholics so badly. But even the most strict Catholics here don't seem to complain publically about how others celebrate Halloween.

But I am surprised the Baptists havn't complained more. I know the Wicked Witch of Oregon (AKA my former Pentacostal Evangelist stepmother) would have a cow if she saw my Halloween displays. Maybe I could send her some photos and see if I could cause her an aneurysm in her tiny little brain. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 pm

suzyr wrote:
SG, your little dog avatar (your pup?) looks like Brutus when he was a pup. Too cute!

Yep, that's Lakota. I secretly want him to be as big as Brutus too! He's just as big as the adult dogs next door and his feet are still huge so there's hope. He's just a little over four months now.

Your ghouls are adorable too!!!
What is everyone doing for Halloween?? 397852
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:35 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
suzyr wrote:

Yep, that's Lakota. I secretly want him to be as big as Brutus too! He's just as big as the adult dogs next door and his feet are still huge so there's hope. He's just a little over four months now.

Your ghouls are adorable too!!!
What is everyone doing for Halloween?? 397852

Your kids' kids would be able to ride him like a horse. My ghouls did that with Brutus when they were little. He was such a good sport!
And thank you.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:40 pm

The little one, she's a little over 2, she can do anything to him and he doesn't care, he just lays there and takes it. She can tell him to "it" (sit) and he does for his snack. The 5 year old, he takes a little acception to, she has an attitude and he knows it.
lol! What is everyone doing for Halloween?? 530931
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 pm

Justoo/Jane Sawyer....I called MIT and they blamed global warming for my poor trick or treat count. What is everyone doing for Halloween?? 6729
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:10 pm

alg8tr wrote:
Justoo/Jane Sawyer....I called MIT and they blamed global warming for my poor trick or treat count. What is everyone doing for Halloween?? 6729

That's odd, I called Algore and he blamed the economy. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Holy crap, I've found a motherlode of inspiration for next Halloween. Warning, some of these props are extra gross. Very Happy

http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-Props/Gory-Props/
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:29 pm

I would like to have a wild and happy Halloween party next year. Everyone dress up in cognito. Rent the dance hall and see who shows up.LOL I would need help with this, any one want in on this?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:28 pm

I gotta be available on Halloween night for the kids who expect my generous handouts or it'd all be pointless. I've had from 90 to 100 kids each year since in this location. But maybe on another night besides Halloween itself.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:10 am

Yes , usually the adult parties are a day or two off from the night of Halloween. That way parents are with the kids on Halloween night! This would be great if lots of people come!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:59 am

Ratz, is you're house on the main drag?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah nitro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:45 pm

What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Tesla18Dalek10006Ft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone doing for Halloween??   What is everyone doing for Halloween?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone doing for Halloween??
Page 1 of 1