Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Pagans

Go down 
+13
CountryGirl
suzyj
SlumberGirl
nitromaxx98
slickjay12
Degeneration X
jessks75
wilkykav2
Bighead
The Other One
Ratzilla
lisav
CelticDragon
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DHM
DHM

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Pagans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagans   Pagans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:41 pm

suzyr wrote:
DHM was just on a few days ago.

and I'm here now... I'm willing to bet some of you even know of me offsite even if we've never met... if you've heard of somebody in Hays named Car Tag, that's me...

And being a "true atheist" is a bit hard to define... saying 100% it is impossible for there to be any type of a god is just as closeminded of a statement as saying there 100% is a god. I can with full confidence state that it is statistically improbable for a god to exist.

How statistically improbable?

I could state that it's possible that Jupiter is ran by a government of pink elephants, or that there's a duck with a trailer hitch pulling Haley's Comet. Just because I can say it's possible doesn't mean it's probable, and both are statistically improbable.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Pagans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagans   Pagans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:38 pm

The idea that something or someone put us here on purpose is possible. I favor the idea that we could be experimentation by vastly more advanced entities, or maybe like a zoo for someones enjoyment. The possibilities of how we got here are endless. But if we are to take the writings of religious texts as serious, it'd mean the creator is either a very hateful deity or a mental case with a very sick sense of humor.
Back to top Go down

Pagans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Religion-
Jump to: