Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Alltel phones

Go down 
+9
Degeneration X
my2cents
suzyj
nobodysbusiness
RomadBuff
LukeTHr
chiefsfan
jessks75
CountryGirl
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:18 pm

yeah i just found out today from alltel that if we buy a new phone & from here on out, that you can't use ur own ringtones that you either make or bluetooth to set as ppl's ringers...you will have to use the default ringers on the phone for different ppl...or you can pay $2.99 or more for a ringtone that you have to download & set the ringers that way...how stupid is this
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:22 pm

thats STUPID
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:17 pm

oh i know...that's why i'm really considering on dropping them...they make enough damn money on the phones, why take away our choice of ringtones, etc...why make us spend more money...they are going to upset A LOT of people by this new change...hell i've had a blackberry pearl 8130, & can't receive jokes, pics, sounds, hell i can't even bluetooth & they keep saying they are going to get the software so that i can do this & they still haven't & it's been over a month
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:55 pm

Where do people get your ringtones? I pay for mine but want to try something else.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:09 pm

this is getting absurd. I an annoyed with Alltel not letting the sound of the phone ringing come thru when I make a call.. instead I get some damned song they are promoting. Can't get away from commercials anywhere ya turn nowdays Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:21 pm

i use mytinyphone.com or phonezoo.com...they are both free...
Back to top Go down
RomadBuff
Admin
Admin
RomadBuff

Number of posts : 315

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:48 pm

That explains it then, I tried to bluetooth a ring tone and could not find a way to make it my ring tone. Thought I was doing something wrong.

What a crock of shit, I just got the damn thing to and signed a 2 year contract <sigh>
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/romadbuff
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 pm

u have 15 or 30 days to return your phone if it's a new phone...that's what i'm doing is returning the new phone 2morrow...i'm so pissed @ alltel
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:53 pm

its prolly too late for that now... lol been more time than that I think.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:58 pm

You have 15 days in Kansas to cancel your contract. Learned the hard way. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:06 pm

I have the Nex-Tech Wireless plan. I love it, I have great reception, they will transfer all the info in your addresses from your old phone to a new one at no charge. Your unused minutes will roll over to the next month. Very nice people work there as well. Alltel phones 862468
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:36 pm

my2cents wrote:
I have the Nex-Tech Wireless plan. I love it, I have great reception, they will transfer all the info in your addresses from your old phone to a new one at no charge. Your unused minutes will roll over to the next month. Very nice people work there as well. Alltel phones 862468
I use Nex-tech as well, the only thing that screws with me is that I travel to and from Salina all the time and I cant get good reception most of the time!
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:40 pm

anybody know anything about sprint or use sprint around this area
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Quote :
I use Nex-tech as well, the only thing that screws with me is that I travel to and from Salina all the time and I cant get good reception most of the time!

I had a Motorola phone from N.T. that didn't have very good reception either. I got a Razr and it seems to be working a lot better for me.
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

slkammer wrote:
anybody know anything about sprint or use sprint around this area

Nex-Tech Wireless uses Sprint towers.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 pm

my2cents wrote:

I had a Motorola phone from N.T. that didn't have very good reception either. I got a Razr and it seems to be working a lot better for me.
I have a razr now and I still have the same problem, maybe its the color?
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:05 pm

jessks75 wrote:
my2cents wrote:

I have a razr now and I still have the same problem, maybe its the color?

No it's not the color. I forgot to mention that you need to tilt your head to the right and slightly forward while sticking your tounge out then stick your pinky out the window. OH yeh, don't forget to wiggle left ear. lol! lol! lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 pm

the bad thing w/ nextech wireless is that you can't receive pics, sounds, videos, etc from any other carrier...
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:11 pm

slkammer wrote:
the bad thing w/ nextech wireless is that you can't receive pics, sounds, videos, etc from any other carrier...

thats true, i dont like that I cant and or receive pics
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:16 pm

slkammer wrote:

Yeh, that is a bummer. Alltel phones 305403 Alltel phones 305403
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:26 pm

I have a Sprint phone here in Hays and it works great. I dropped Alltel service here because I was having problems with their service.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
I have a Sprint phone here in Hays and it works great. I dropped Alltel service here because I was having problems with their service.

We just dumped Alltel because of the terrible reception here in Topeka and the fact that it was always on roam. We went with AT&T. Got two Nokia 6126 phones free, more daytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends, unlimited texting and multimedia messaging, nationwide roam-free, all for a little less than Alltel was charging for voice service only. If I ever get by the AT&T store, I can get a USB cord to connect the phone to the computer. After downloading the Nokia suite (free), we'll be able to use any tune in ITunes to make our own ringtones. The phone can also be used as an MP3 player.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 pm

The problem I had with Alltel is that the service was expensive for the rate plans and text plans. I have a better deal with Sprint where my service plan and text plan are rolled into one. The Sprint service works great here in Hays and I'm on a no roaming plan here.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:14 pm

thanx Degeneration X...i'm taking a road trip on friday to salina to get hooked up w/ sprint...i'm so tired of alltel...i can't believe the stuff they are doing to their consumers...
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm

Nex-tech is only building up their customer base to make them look good on paper. They are preparing to sell out to the highest bidder at the expense of your tax dollar because they are a small local co-op.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:24 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
hi nitro
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:25 pm

hey degenerationx...can you receive pics, videos, songs, jokes, etc w/ your sprint phone?????????????
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:09 am

Oh yeah I can receive pics and videos on my phone even from my friends who have a different carrier. I just have to watch my daytime minutes so that I don't go over those. My nights and weekends start at 7pm even with me living here in Hays. I have only had this service for 3 weeks but so far not complaints. cheers Alltel phones 862468 Alltel phones 397852 Alltel phones 364910 Alltel phones 905892 Alltel phones 905892 Alltel phones 905892 Alltel phones 400358
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:45 am

thank you so much for the information...it's making my decision to change so much easier...
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:59 am

LukeTHr wrote:
this is getting absurd. I an annoyed with Alltel not letting the sound of the phone ringing come thru when I make a call.. instead I get some damned song they are promoting. Can't get away from commercials anywhere ya turn nowdays Evil or Very Mad

what do you mean?
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:01 am

with the new phones coming out w/ alltel & some current models you are not able to set diff ringtones for individuals...you either have to use the default ringtones or download & PAY for the ringtones from alltel...which is totally outrageous...i can't believe they want to get more money out of us...we pay enough for the phones, the service, etc. & now they want to charge us for having the freedom of our own ringtones
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:02 am

RomadBuff wrote:
That explains it then, I tried to bluetooth a ring tone and could not find a way to make it my ring tone. Thought I was doing something wrong.

What a crock of shit, I just got the damn thing to and signed a 2 year contract <sigh>

Where did the ringtone come from?
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:05 am

the majority of my ringtones that i have came from the program that i bought w/ the razr phone...i have also gotten ringtones from friends or from a couple of websites that i use
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:11 am

CountryGirl wrote:
oh i know...that's why i'm really considering on dropping them...they make enough damn money on the phones, why take away our choice of ringtones, etc...why make us spend more money...they are going to upset A LOT of people by this new change...hell i've had a blackberry pearl 8130, & can't receive jokes, pics, sounds, hell i can't even bluetooth & they keep saying they are going to get the software so that i can do this & they still haven't & it's been over a month

From the information I was given, the 8130 and all other smartphones are designed to send and receive pics, videos, etc. by way of email only. You should be able to get them if you have people send them to your phones email address. Not sure why this is.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 am

supposedly alltel is doing an update on the pearls so that we can receive the pics, sounds, etc as a sms text but it isn't out yet...also i can't even bluetooth w/ anyone reach really SUX...i really enjoyed alltel, but lately w/ all the issues that i'm having & now the new policy of paying for ringtones is totally outrageous...you know how many ppl will not use the defaults at all...i think they are ridiculous & totally boring...how can you personalize your phone to your likes or even when your friends call you
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:15 am

CountryGirl wrote:
the majority of my ringtones that i have came from the program that i bought w/ the razr phone...i have also gotten ringtones from friends or from a couple of websites that i use

I have been able to bluetooth ringtones from razr to razr, but not across brands. i.e. motorola to lg, lg to samsung, kyocera to motorola.

Don't know if it's different data formats or what?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am

CountryGirl wrote:
supposedly alltel is doing an update on the pearls so that we can receive the pics, sounds, etc as a sms text but it isn't out yet...also i can't even bluetooth w/ anyone reach really SUX...i really enjoyed alltel, but lately w/ all the issues that i'm having & now the new policy of paying for ringtones is totally outrageous...you know how many ppl will not use the defaults at all...i think they are ridiculous & totally boring...how can you personalize your phone to your likes or even when your friends call you

Who told you about the ringtone thing? I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:18 am

that's another reason i hate alltel...seriously if we have alltel on whatever phone we should be able to bluetooth to anyone...it's just crazy...i mean why even put the damn feature on the phone if we can't even use it half the time
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:19 am

i contacted *611 & they told me & the alltel store across the street called them yesterday also & was told the same thing...
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:25 am

CountryGirl wrote:
that's another reason i hate alltel...seriously if we have alltel on whatever phone we should be able to bluetooth to anyone...it's just crazy...i mean why even put the damn feature on the phone if we can't even use it half the time

It's not just Alltel on the bluetooth. I've tried it with phones from different carriers and it don't work either.
Back to top Go down
RomadBuff
Admin
Admin
RomadBuff

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:27 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
RomadBuff wrote:

It was the ringring one you sent us, when I sent it by bluetooth to my new phone it shows up and I can play it, but I can not set it as a ringtone
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:36 am

RomadBuff wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
RomadBuff wrote:

It was the ringring one you sent us, when I sent it by bluetooth to my new phone it shows up and I can play it, but I can not set it as a ringtone

I wonder why it worked on Mom's phone? She has the same model razr (V3A). I'll check it out today and let you know.
Back to top Go down
letsallskate
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 134

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 am

LukeTHr wrote:

It is called a ringback tone. Every (well almost every) cell phone provider offers it. It isn't Alltel that chooses the song, it is the person you called. if the person has chosen the ringback feature but not assigned a song, then you get a default, but again, the person you are calling gets to choose what you hear.

To address the inability to put your own songs as ringtones: It is a liability issue. The reason you have to pay 2.99 for the song is because you need to pay the artist who wrote the song. if you make your own, and bluetooth it over then the artist gets ripped off. The cell phone companies were starting to get sued by the artists for allowing this. So, they blocked it. Ya see? it isn't all some giant conspiracy to rip the customers off. Well, it might be, but it goes higher than the cell phone companies.
Calm down. it is a cell phone. it isn't life or death.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 am

[quote="letsallskate"]
LukeTHr wrote:

okay well do you have diff ringtones for individuals...do you use the default ringtones...have you paid 2.99 for every ringtone that you have...
Back to top Go down
RomadBuff
Admin
Admin
RomadBuff

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 am

letsallskate wrote:
It is called a ringback tone. Every (well almost every) cell phone provider offers it. It isn't Alltel that chooses the song, it is the person you called. if the person has chosen the ringback feature but not assigned a song, then you get a default, but again, the person you are calling gets to choose what you hear.

To address the inability to put your own songs as ringtones: It is a liability issue. The reason you have to pay 2.99 for the song is because you need to pay the artist who wrote the song. if you make your own, and bluetooth it over then the artist gets ripped off. The cell phone companies were starting to get sued by the artists for allowing this. So, they blocked it. Ya see? it isn't all some giant conspiracy to rip the customers off. Well, it might be, but it goes higher than the cell phone companies.

Cool, just wanted to know what the issue was, that makes sense, it's a copyright issue.

letsallskate wrote:
Calm down. it is a cell phone. it isn't life or death

um... You obviously do not know my wife <lol>
Back to top Go down
letsallskate
Rookie
Rookie

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 am

[quote="CountryGirl"]
letsallskate wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

okay well do you have diff ringtones for individuals...do you use the default ringtones...have you paid 2.99 for every ringtone that you have...

I did for a bit. I tried out 3 or 4. Then settled on 1. And when the 1 year license expired I let it drop. It is a neat gimick, but not something I wanted to continue with.

and, I have paid for all the ring tones I have downloaded. Again, I am only using one now. But at work, I can't have some song from the 80's exploding from my phone, so I don't use the ringtone anymore either.
Back to top Go down
Spitter Swallow
Spitter Swallow

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:43 am

How about all the AllTel crap in your contacts list? 5 Alltel #s that I will never call, but I am forced to view it every time.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 am

i use the alltel mins one & then to call them when i need help that's it...can't you delete them from your list...some phones you can...WOW, didn't think i would get this much response from alltel, but it really sounds like a lot of ppl are having issues w/ them...yeah nitro i know you work for them & you have always helped me out, which i appreciate...
Back to top Go down
letsallskate
Rookie
Rookie

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:23 pm

CountryGirl wrote:
with the new phones coming out w/ alltel & some current models you are not able to set diff ringtones for individuals...you either have to use the default ringtones or download & PAY for the ringtones from alltel...which is totally outrageous...i can't believe they want to get more money out of us...we pay enough for the phones, the service, etc. & now they want to charge us for having the freedom of our own ringtones
Not as outrageous as the copyright violation lawsuits. That 2.99 is a license fee, and I suspect that Alltel (or Verizon, or whoever you go with) sees about 10 cents of it. The rest goes to the publishing company of the person who wrote the song. I know, I know, as Americans it is our right to get everything for free, but at some point the artist needs to get paid, right?
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

OMG...IS ANYBODY ELSE HAVING PROBS W/ THEIR PHONES 2DAY....I CAN'T GET ANY TEXTS AT ALL...PLUS IT'S DELETING ANY TEXT I SEND OR ANY PHONE CALLS THAT I HAVE MADE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alltel phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alltel phones   Alltel phones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alltel phones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next