Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Octoberfest porta potties!

Go down 
+13
wilkykav2
Samwitty
crutch51
SlumberGirl
lisav
dz724
Justoo
Degeneration X
nitromaxx98
suzyj
luv2cook
CountryGirl
chiefsfan
17 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Octoberfest porta potties! Empty
PostSubject: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm

I was told by a pretty reliable source that the toliets at Octoberfest are going to placed outside the permited area and that if you take your beer to the toliets with you, you will get a open container ticket. Has anyone else heard this? If this is true this is a sad deal. I was told it wasn't going to be marked that way it was just going to be a surprise to all who crossed the line. No
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:26 pm

i think that's the best idea they could come up w/...i'm all for oktoberfest but damn, come on all it is anymore is a huge drunk fest & ppl do the most stupid things during this wkend...i hope whoever goes is careful
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Thats a stupid idea what are people supposed to do? Hold it all day?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Pee in the creek. confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Wear a Diaper. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:45 pm

They're going to be alot of people running around who pissed themselves.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:32 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Thats a stupid idea what are people supposed to do? Hold it all day?

Finish the beer. Walk 100 feet to the port-a-potties. Rinse and repeat.
If you can't let go of a beer long enough to pee...
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:06 am

ok seriously if you can't go to the restroom w/out ur drink, there is some issues...it's just like chics going 2 the restroom 2gether @ the bar...never have figured that out...all i ever did was use the restroom...when i was underage it was the time i mastered chugging ur drink while pissing...lol lol
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

I think the issue is that the PD might have this planned so that they might snag a few people with open containers- without warning the people... If its true they'll get a couple who go to the potties early in the day and word will travel fast. Some will be to drunk to remember and those who choose to pee in the creek are likely going to get UIPs if they get caught. None of it bothers me as I won't be there... I just hope that the drunks don't drive!
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am

Wasn't it last Octoberfest when there was a man that was hit by a train?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:50 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 am

Oops, didn't mean to hijack the thread, my bad.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:02 am

yeah he was a retired professor from fhsu...he thought he could beat the train while he was walking & didn't make it...he was just out for a walk that day
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:37 pm

I remember that from last year. I got ready to go, the hubby left for work. I heard the train and thought he might have to wait for it to get across the tracks to where he was going. I got on the old 67601 site and read Nitro's post about the train accident. Then I walked up to the park. That was really sad though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:36 pm

The rumor/story that i heard was that his wife had died three years prior to this incident,and at the time of this tragedy he had been battling derpression and was tired of being alone. the question in my mind is, was it an accident or was it deliberate? Wouldn't you think if the crossing bars were down and yet he still attempted to cross,couldn't this
have possibly been intentional? I don't know if this is fact or rumor but it's what I heard.
It's still sad, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Thats the same thing I had heard also, and yes it is sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:24 pm

crutch51 wrote:
The rumor/story that i heard was that his wife had died three years prior to this incident,and at the time of this tragedy he had been battling derpression and was tired of being alone. the question in my mind is, was it an accident or was it deliberate? Wouldn't you think if the crossing bars were down and yet he still attempted to cross,couldn't this
have possibly been intentional? I don't know if this is fact or rumor but it's what I heard.
It's still sad, regardless.
It wasn't at the crossing,it was up a little bit west I do believe.I was down there also at the time.Tragic. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:09 pm

Whoever is going, be safe.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Id like to go but Im willing to bet I don't. I dont think I will have the energy. I'm still pretty much useless.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
Id like to go but Im willing to bet I don't. I dont think I will have the energy. I'm still pretty much useless.

ask buff to take you, he wants a brat as much as me.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 pm

yeah, but I'm not sure I want to expose Alex to all of that crap.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 pm

ok, SEND buff, who's gonna argue with him?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:24 pm

lol!!!! i want a beer tho!!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:27 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

Take Alex, babies are chick magnets,... afro

Last edited by nitromaxx98 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:27 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:

So you are of age get one
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:

these are the only brats I've ever had Crying or Very sad
Octoberfest porta potties! WI-IL-IN-OHpics5-25-07-6-2-07110
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 pm

ugh....
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Real brats are made by real germans out of real germans left on the autobahn...
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:34 pm

i need to get out more,but it's real hard when you like to be a hermit!!how long is this fest??
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I would like to partake in the festivities but I'm working tomorrow and all weekend so no drinking for me. Octoberfest porta potties! 305403
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 am

wilky it starts in the morning, ends 5ish
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:03 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:

nitro, I don't think he wants you as bad as he wants a brat.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:11 pm

chiefsfan wrote:
I was told by a pretty reliable source that the toliets at Octoberfest are going to placed outside the permited area and that if you take your beer to the toliets with you, you will get a open container ticket. Has anyone else heard this? If this is true this is a sad deal. I was told it wasn't going to be marked that way it was just going to be a surprise to all who crossed the line. No

Just had this confirmed that this was a rumour. And is it just me or did this years Octoberfest seem relatively tame compared to previous years?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:47 am

The after fest parties were very quiet in my neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:15 am

Around here as well. Odd this is.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:33 am

Maybe because it's SEPTEMBER!!! When did Hays start having Oktoberfest in September? It's messed up my equilibrium. Octoberfest porta potties! Xyxnervous
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:59 am

Most of them are in September. Rarely does it happen in October.

Local organizations have worked hand in hand with the police department, FHSU, and various campus organizations to create a more acceptable environment. Many FHSU social organizations are applying peer pressure to improve the perception people have of the student body. It does seem to be working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Thats why the student body is dwindling away.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:11 pm

mikecc wrote:
Thats why the student body is dwindling away.

And they just announced that they topped 10,000 enrollees for the first time.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:32 pm

4000 on campus,the rest online students
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:52 pm

I have talked to a few people and they said that there aren't as many students attending Oktoberfest like there use to be. I think a alot of this is partly due to the fact that the Volga Germans broke away and started their own Oktoberfest before FHSU does their's. There is also so much more security there now so not anyone can walk in there and get a beer like the use to and that has scared off all underage students.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
I have talked to a few people and they said that there aren't as many students attending Oktoberfest like there use to be. I think a alot of this is partly due to the fact that the Volga Germans broke away and started their own Oktoberfest before FHSU does their's. There is also so much more security there now so not anyone can walk in there and get a beer like the use to and that has scared off all underage students.

Then, is the chopper necessary?

Is it a KHP chopper?

Does Hays get billed?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 1:09 am

KHP is required to have a certain amount of night time training hours. I don't believe the City has to pay for this service.........yet
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:49 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
KHP is required to have a certain amount of night time training hours. I don't believe the City has to pay for this service.........yet

That's the way I understand it also.
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:33 pm

luv2cook wrote:
chiefsfan wrote:

Just had this confirmed that this was a rumour. And is it just me or did this years Octoberfest seem relatively tame compared to previous years?
It was very tame and kinda boring! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Octoberfest porta potties!   Octoberfest porta potties! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Octoberfest porta potties!
Page 1 of 1