Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Too Hot for the Hays Daily News

Go down 
+7
nitromaxx98
my2cents
Blackie Kuhn
upfront
The Other One
Justoo
dkraus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dkraus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:44 pm

This is Dana Kraus. As many of you may know, I have submitted several letters to the Hays Daily News in the past. One of them was recently rejected because it was too hot for them to print. If anyone is interested, this is what was submitted. Stay tuned to the HDN for my follow-up, which they will hopefully print.

---

In reading the list of plaintiffs on the recent appeal against the wind project, it is interesting to see whose names are not included but were previously. These people must have decided that wind energy actually will be good for Ellis County or that they wish to stay beyond subsequent legal action, however unlikely that may be. Maybe they realized the appeals and their “wind turbine chaser lawyer” are a scam. He seems to have his bucket under the proverbial cash cow.

How many people know that Glen Diehl, candidate for County Commissioner, was one of the featured speakers at the Fox Pavilion against the Hays Wind Project last year? Mr. Diehl is quoted as saying he believes the wind project “should not be sited here in Ellis County”. We have heard nothing since then to indicate that he has changed his mind.

We need County Commissioners who are constantly looking for new revenue sources for the County, not trying to scare them away. Our existing Commissioners, Dennis Pfannenstiel and Vernon Berens, look out for the County at large. By contrast, Glen Diehl is looking out for himself in this election. He will be able to see a few wind turbines from his house, which is why he is opposed to our wind project, which is why he is now involved in local politics. It’s not just the Hadley Center. Besides, the Hadley Center issue is now up for public vote anyway. Regarding the Hadley Center, Dennis Pfannenstiel has clearly said he will “honor the will of the people”.

Last edited by Justoo on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do not smear people. If you don't have physical proof, don't type it.)
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Dana, welcome to our board. But please be careful of what you say about people. We do not want to defend ourselves in a lawsuit because of allegations you make without proof.
Also, this forum has had some threads that were about the industrial project you speak of, but we refrain from inflammatory statements. Pleasee abide by our rules if you wish to continue posting.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Also, you misquoted Mr. Diehl. He stated he was against that particular location. He did not say that he was against any and all wind projects.

And if Dennis Pfannenstiel has clearly said he will “honor the will of the people" why did he vote for zoning when the will of the people was against it?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:19 pm

1. Always be respectful of other members of this forum: Respectful is defined as; Full of, characterized by, or showing politeness or deference. Synonyms are courteous, polite, decorous, civil, deferential. Member is defined as; One that belongs to a group or an organization.

2. No libelous comments. Libel being defined as: defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:44 pm

[quote="]spoken words or gestures.[/quote]

So flipping off a moron who cuts you off and yelling various four letter words at them is acceptable? That makes me feel a lot better.
Back to top Go down
upfront

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: STANDARDS that are stated by those in authority MUST ALSO be met by themselves!! Justoo you MUST hold yourself to the same standard that you "set" for everyone else!!!   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 am

Justoo wrote:
Also, you misquoted Mr. Diehl. He stated he was against that particular location. He did not say that he was against any and all wind projects.

And if Dennis Pfannenstiel has clearly said he will “honor the will of the people" why did he vote for zoning when the will of the people was against it?

Justoo... you cannot state as fact that Mr. Diehl was "misquoted" when Candidate Diehl stated just that in his presentation at the Fox. Sir NOT your personal version of the statement.

Justoo ... Sir, How can you LIE and make blatant false statements and present them as "FACT" when they are just your personal thoughts. ie- "the will of the people was against it"? The truth is that at the VERY most there were 100 that publicly stated that they were opposed to zoning. If you take that number and multiply it by 20(2000 and that is being VERY generous) then divide it into the counties population 20000, to make the math easy,you get roughly 10%. Now how can you state that that is "the will of the people against it"? Also, how can you run ANY part of government/business efficiently by making decisions solely based on the votes/opinions of such small percentage of citizens?

I EXPECT you to hold YOURSELF to the STANDARDS that YOU expect of others.

Without that sir, YOU have lost ALL integrity.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:38 pm

How many publicly stated that they were for it? please show me the other side of this equation before you suggest that I am without integrity and call me a liar. PLease be as upfront as you say I should be.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:27 pm

There have been four wind projects proposed in Ellis County. Mr. Diehl did oppose one project due to its proximity to populated areas. Show me where he openly opposed any one of the other three proposed sites.
Until you can show me that I will stand by my statement. I DO hold myself to the same standards that I hold you to. DO NOT call me a liar if you cannot back up your BS statements. Learn to be as upfront as your name suggests.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:27 pm

The dog and pony show put on at the fox,which included your candidate was debunking wind farms in general,not just the one in his backyard
Back to top Go down
my2cents
Rookie
Rookie
my2cents

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I have resigned myself to believe the notion that a windfarm will more than likely make Ellis County its home. I also believe that the location SW of Hays is NOT the proper location. I know most of those in the windfarm project SW of Hays. Actually, I have been to some of their meetings just as I have been to those meetings promoting the windfarm. They mostly say that they are not against a windfarm in Ellis County, only the location of the one proposed SW of Hays. There ARE too many homes at that location, I agree with them on that. The other proposed locations are not as populated, if at all. I think the windfarm project by Ellis on the north side of Interstate 70 sounds good location just like the one by Interstate 70 in Lincoln County. It would be a win win situation. Those that don't want the windfarm near their homes SW of Hays win by not having the windfarm by them and we still get a windfarm in Ellis County --- win, win!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 pm

But Hays to be expanding North as far as businesses go. Wouldn't a wind farm up there prohibit growth?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 am

As you can see by the current development, there ain't shit going on up there
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:07 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
But Hays to be expanding North as far as businesses go. Wouldn't a wind farm up there prohibit growth?

It is proposed north of Ellis and should it expand to the east it would be far enough north that it would not impede growth of any community (including Ellis) until it got near Catherine.

Thanks for some logical input, my2cents.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
The dog and pony show put on at the fox,which included your candidate was debunking wind farms in general,not just the one in his backyard

He did point out problems that are inherent in all wind generator complexes, but he never proposed to ban all proposals. His concern was with properly locating them so that these issues would have a minimum effect on the populated areas.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:49 am

Justoo wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:

It is proposed north of Ellis and should it expand to the east it would be far enough north that it would not impede growth of any community (including Ellis) until it got near Catherine.

Thanks for some logical input, my2cents.

Thanks Justoo, I was unsure of the proposed location.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Justoo wrote:
Blackie Kuhn wrote:

He did point out problems that are inherent in all wind generator complexes, but he never proposed to ban all proposals. His concern was with properly locating them so that these issues would have a minimum effect on the populated areas.
I watched the video again and he said he didn't want any wind turbines in ellis county
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:33 am

You have a verbatim quote or do I have to rely on the accuracy of your judgement?
Please post a link.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 am

Justoo wrote:
You have a verbatim quote or do I have to rely on the accuracy of your judgement?
Please post a link.
I think this will work, JT. ECEAC
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Justoo wrote:
There have been four wind projects proposed in Ellis County. Mr. Diehl did oppose one project due to its proximity to populated areas. Show me where he openly opposed any one of the other three proposed sites.
Until you can show me that I will stand by my statement. I DO hold myself to the same standards that I hold you to. DO NOT call me a liar if you cannot back up your BS statements. Learn to be as upfront as your name suggests.

so,,,, whats for supper ? prairie chicken or Crow ?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Beef...It's what's for supper!
After further review I stand by my statement. Glenn Diehl CLEARLY stated that he was against that one project in that one location. At NO time did he state that he was against ALL wind projects. Until you can show me where he said he was against ALL wind projects I will leave the crow on your plate where it belongs.

Please pass the gravy. It will go nicely on the potatoes. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Beef and taters. Beats that crow you are eating.

Thanks for the link SciFi. I really get tired of looking up stuff for those who can't listen and think at the same time.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:31 pm

what were the last words from his mouth in the video?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:34 pm

fescue wrote:

"The huge impact of this project on the local wildlife and agriculture, is one reason I believe it should not be sited here in Ellis county"

Exact Quote
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:15 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
fescue wrote:

"The huge impact of this project on the local wildlife and agriculture, is one reason I believe it should not be sited here in Ellis county"

Exact Quote

Beef...It's what's for supper.

He doesn't say "The huge impact of wind energy" or "wind turbines". He said "this project".

Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Beef-cow
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Road Star, Fescue, upfront, Blackie Kuhn, supper is served...
Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Eat-crowToo Hot for the Hays Daily News Eat-crow
Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Eat-crowToo Hot for the Hays Daily News Eat-crow

And eat the veggies ,too.
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Silly me,, I should know Justoo is never wrong. He should be the pope.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 pm

I do make mistakes. I am human. But he did say "this project", did he not?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Don't call me a liar when I am not.
Don't offer to serve crow if you are not prepared to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 pm

looks like a duck, sounds like a duck , must be a ......
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Roadstar wrote:
looks like a duck, sounds like a duck , must be a......

Your turn to show me where he stated he was against any one of the other three proposed wind energy projects. Or eat your crow.
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:48 pm

The huge impact of this project on the local wildlife and agriculture, is one reason I believe it should not be sited here in Ellis county

now ,,, don't you have a sidewalk to measure somewhere ?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Roadstar wrote:
The huge impact of this project on the local wildlife and agriculture, is one reason I believe it should not be sited here in Ellis county

now ,,, don't you have a sidewalk to measure somewhere ?

Exactly what part of "this project" do you not understand. Again I ask you for your reference to one of the other three projects.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:15 pm

"is one reason I believe it should not"

It, not they or them. This project, not all of them. If you don't want to vote for him, don't. But don't take his quotes out of context and don't call me a liar.

Tell me how wonderful your candidate is. Tell me how honest he is. Tell me how he has never lied to a county citizen. Tell me why his zoning board members don't have to follow the rules that they voted for. Tell me.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Justoo wrote:
"is one reason I believe it should not"

It, not they or them. This project, not all of them. If you don't want to vote for him, don't. But don't take his quotes out of context and don't call me a liar.

Tell me how wonderful your candidate is. Tell me how honest he is. Tell me how he has never lied to a county citizen. Tell me why his zoning board members don't have to follow the rules that they voted for. Tell me.

doesn't look like your going to get a straight answer
Back to top Go down
Roadstar
Rookie
Rookie
Roadstar

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:58 pm

So...if I understand it correctly.. we can kill prairie chickens make livestock sick, destroy radio waves and basically wreck havoc on the land from north of Ellis all the way to Cathrine but it's not OK to do it southwest of us ?. Sounds a little biased to me. Where does he live again ?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Of course YOU are totally unbiased. So is Pfannenstiel and Berens. And the Pope is the offspring of Bob Hope and Jerry Lewis. Riiiiight.

Gravy?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:43 pm

so....

"It" = "This Project"

"This Project" = "Wind Turbines"

"Wind Turbines" = "Huge impact on the local wildlife and agriculture"

"This Project" = "I believe ""it"" should not be sited in Ellis county".

Makes sense... Too Hot for the Hays Daily News 987844
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:54 am

If he says he doesn't want "it" in Ellis County I think we can assume he doesn't want any in Ellis County. No gravy needed here,I know what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:25 am

fescue wrote:
If he says he doesn't want "it" in Ellis County I think we can assume he doesn't want any in Ellis County. No gravy needed here,I know what he meant.

You can also assume your taxes will go down and your income will rise because it rained in Gove county. You would be wrong on that, too.

You THINK you know what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:36 am

By their own bylaws that they voted to enact, the zoning board is required to disclose their financial ties. This is meant to prevent enriching yourself by approving projects that benefit you. This is called conflict of interest.
When the commission asked them to comply to their own rules they threatened to quit. Berens and Pfannenstiel said that they had to back off of that position because there was no way they would be able to fill those positions.

THAT was a bold-faced lie. They already had enough volunteers to fill those positions. The volunteers were ready, willing and able to do the job and disclose their financial connections.
Dennis and Vernon didn't want to admit they had enough volunteers to fill those positions because the new volunteers were not their sock puppets. They lied.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 am

When Krista Gordon asked the commissioners to waive the moratorium she needed to prove that there were substantial changes to the plan.
The only substantial change was removing the peoples first amendment right to protest the action.

If Vernon and Dennis cannot respect the citizens first amendment rights, I for one, cannot for a moment think that either one would respect the will of the people.

Vote the crooks and liars out of office.
Vote for responsible and open government.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm

The only substantial change was removing the peoples first amendment right to protest the action.

Ok, or are you stating your own view of what transpired?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:34 pm

It strikes me as odd that you can outwardly call someone a crook and a liar yet when someone else comes here and posts something you feel is slanderous,the post gets edited..Who's moderating the moderators? I thouht a moderator should remain neutral on the issues and just try to keep the place clean.....just a thought
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:20 am

That is a fair question, Blackie.

The Hays Daily would print no part of that letter because of the slander involved. We allowed all of the letter, except the slanderous part. That, I thought, was fair. At least more fair than HDN. I hope you agree with me so far.

When a commissioner is talking to his constituents about a concern of theirs (in this case the wind project) and states that he agrees with them wholeheartedly that this project is too close to populated areas and assures them he will vote against it, then votes for it, he lied.

When a commissioner states that he will not make the zoning board provide financial disclosure (as required in the bylaws) because it would be impossible to replace them while he is aware there were more than enough volunteers to refill those positions, he lied.

Now, I am aware that politicians in America have a reputation for lying to their constituents. But that doesn't make it an acceptable practice. That makes them liars.

When a person lies, they are stealing the truth from you. One who steals is a crook. Liars are, by default, liars.

I hope I have given you a clear understanding of my actions and statements. Thank you for asking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for the Hays Daily News   Too Hot for the Hays Daily News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Hot for the Hays Daily News
Page 1 of 1