Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Got pain?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Got pain? Empty
PostSubject: Got pain?   Got pain? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 pm

If you don't mind being your own guinea pig, you can try this on your arthritis or sore muscles and you might be amazed. Then you might wonder why it is they sell similar stuff in Europe and Canada over the counter but nobody ever heard of it here. This class of stuff, if you want to look it up, is referred to as topical NSAIDs. The topical NSAID I have been using contains ibuprofen, which I can't take orally because it shreds my stomach. If you have the same problem, and you try this, report back please. If you do this, be aware that it is not an FDA approved use of ibuprofen here in the U.S. You can have similar stuff compounded by a compounding pharmacy but you have to have a prescription. The one I originally got was about a half cup, of 4% of another NSAID, called Diclofenac, plus some type of lotion . It cost $35. If you can't afford that...

Take a few tablets of uncoated ibuprofen and put them in a cup with just enough water to get them all thoroughly wet. Let that sit for a few minutes. Stir into a thick paste. To the one part of ibuprofen paste add 3 parts hand lotion of your choice.

Dab a little bit on a small spot to test for sensitivity. If all seems well, put it on all your sore joints and thank me in the morning.
Back to top Go down

Got pain?
Page 1 of 1