Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Old Movie Gallery

Go down 
+5
bowhuntn' chick
The Other One
SciFi
nitromaxx98
Degeneration X
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Did someone buy the old movie gallery building? I noticed that there has been work going on there.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 am

Yeah. They are putting in a Movie Gallery.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 am

Degeneration X wrote:
Did someone buy the old movie gallery building? I noticed that there has been work going on there.
Viaero Wireless, I was told. Viaero is currently across the parking lot from Radio Shack.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am

Degeneration X wrote:

Olive Garden.
Back to top Go down
bowhuntn' chick

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Bass pro shop haha I wish!!!
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm

city of hays and fort hays is going in there to ask the people of hays "how can we screw you more than we already do?" store
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:53 pm

SciFi wrote:
Degeneration X wrote:
Viaero Wireless, I was told. Viaero is currently across the parking lot from Radio Shack.

So do we know if this is still the case? Seems like an awful lot of renovation for a wireless phone company that really isnt that big.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 am

luv2cook wrote:
SciFi wrote:
Degeneration X wrote:

So do we know if this is still the case? Seems like an awful lot of renovation for a wireless phone company that really isnt that big.

They are much larger than Nex-Tech, and Nex-Tech has two buildings in Hays plus Phone Depot.

Viaero local coverage map
Back to top Go down

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 am

But what is it??? bounce
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:47 am

Yes it is still Viaero, plus they are putting up a new cell tower right next to the building...I guess the other businesses in that area aren't too happy about the new cell tower.
Back to top Go down

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:06 pm

lilchefed wrote:
Yes it is still Viaero, plus they are putting up a new cell tower right next to the building...I guess the other businesses in that area aren't too happy about the new cell tower.

Why for? Aesthetic reasons? Surely not.... All eyes should be on the road and other drivers in that part of town, not the scenery. That part of town does not really conduct itself as a real visual kind of place, kind of generic and bland.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:43 pm

I guess because they took part of the parking lot and stuck a giant tower in it. Its near the south west corner of the Viaero building, but cars would drive through that area. Plus I'm sure they got around some zoning issues, but that is speculation.

I don't think it is really an eye sore or distraction as there is so much going around in that area anyway.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:45 pm

yup, thats what the world needs..... more cell towers so more radio spectrum and bandwidth can be used up for vital uses like playing games and watching movies on your cell phone..... oh yeah, and yakking or texting with someone while you drive distracted down Vine st..... but I guess it keeps EMS and the ER in business
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:18 am

LukeTHr wrote:
yup, thats what the world needs..... more cell towers so more radio spectrum and bandwidth can be used up for vital uses like playing games and watching movies on your cell phone..... oh yeah, and yakking or texting with someone while you drive distracted down Vine st..... but I guess it keeps EMS and the ER in business

Those activities aren't going to increase or decrease because of one more cell tower. You should be happy that Viaero is creating jobs in Hays and creating more competition for Verizon and AT&T. You can be certain that without companies like Viaero and Nex-Tech, cell phone rates would be higher in Hays.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:51 am

The Other One wrote:
You can be certain that without companies like Viaero and Nex-Tech, cell phone rates would be higher in Hays.

I'm pretty sure those are national rates. I actually tested it out on Verizon and put in Hays and then put in Beverly Hills, they were the same rates. I really doubt either Verizon and AT&T really care or set rate plans based on the make up of North West Kansas.

Now I guess you could be talking in general, if we didn't have all of the regional carriers, but I still doubt they even pay attention to the small carriers. I imagine they only care about the top tier big 4 carriers and set their prices to compete with them only.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:58 am

lilchefed wrote:
The Other One wrote:
You can be certain that without companies like Viaero and Nex-Tech, cell phone rates would be higher in Hays.

I'm pretty sure those are national rates. I actually tested it out on Verizon and put in Hays and then put in Beverly Hills, they were the same rates. I really doubt either Verizon and AT&T really care or set rate plans based on the make up of North West Kansas.

Now I guess you could be talking in general, if we didn't have all of the regional carriers, but I still doubt they even pay attention to the small carriers. I imagine they only care about the top tier big 4 carriers and set their prices to compete with them only.

You really believe that if there were only those four carriers, rates wouldn't be a lot higher? Why do you think AT&T was broken up originally?
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

They don't set their rates to compete with Nex-Tech Wireless, I can almost guarantee that. If they didn't have the 4 main carriers, yes they would raise prices. But Antitrust laws will keep them at the 4 main carriers and I don't think will allow the AT&T and T-Mobile acquisition to occur. So, I really do believe that AT&T couldn't give 2 squirts about the small regional carriers for their pricing. They only care about them so that they can say their is competition but I don't think anything the small regional carriers do has any influence on the big 4.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:23 pm

lilchefed wrote:
I don't know why they would complain. Probably something stupid like health concerns over having a transmission tower nearby. <Dumb, redneck guy voice: ON> "Damn thing's gonna make our women sterile." <Dumb, redneck guy voice: OFF> There is another cell tower on the east side of vine behind that hotel (Quality Inn?) by KFC. I think they're kind of neat.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

I think the complaint is more of the fact that it is basically in the middle of an existing parking lot, not behind buildings...that's just my guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Movie Gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Movie Gallery    Old Movie Gallery  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Movie Gallery
Page 1 of 1