Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs Empty
PostSubject: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs   10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:07 am

Dogs know when they're not getting a fair shake. A 2008 study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that when dogs saw other dogs getting treats for a trick they'd been performing unrewarded, the unrewarded dogs became agitated, scratching themselves and avoiding the gaze of the rewarded dogs. They also stopped doing the trick much faster than if they were alone and not getting a reward.

The dogs' version of jealousy wasn't as sophisticated as a human's: The animals didn't seem to mind if other dogs got sausage while they just got bread, and they didn't care if another dog got food for nothing while they had to do tricks for a snack. But, the researchers wrote, the findings were good evidence that being green with envy isn't just a primate thing.

http://www.livescience.com/animals/10-dogs-facts-100917-1.html
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs   10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 pm

I didn't need a scientific study to know alot of that, but there's new stuff there too. I didn't know Chihuahuas originated in the Middle East.

Cats and dogs display alot of the same behaviors. They know when you are ill or diseased because you smell different. Mine seem to know when I'm going to be leaving the house and when I'll be home. Maybe because of my routines, or maybe by the amount of daylight. Not 100% sure.
Back to top Go down

10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs
Page 1 of 1