Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Police scanner??

Go down 
+11
luv2cook
bg0308
The Other One
Degeneration X
Bighead
Justoo
LukeTHr
SciFi
Ratzilla
Blackie Kuhn
wilkykav2
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Anyone have one ?nevermind.

Last edited by wilkykav2 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:18 pm

I had enough drama in my life. I don't even want to hear anyone elses problems.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 am

they worked it out- Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:19 pm

One of your neighbors go flying out a window wilky?
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:39 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Anyone have one ?nevermind.
I had one when I was in high school, many moons ago. I had to buy crystals for it. Anyone remember those?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
One of your neighbors go flying out a window wilky?

no but someone did end up in jail Police scanner?? 987844
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:26 pm

lemme guess? The male part of the equation...who else?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:44 pm

it's ALWAYS the evil males fault.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Unless it was a catfight.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
lemme guess? The male part of the equation...who else?
EEEEEHHHHHHH-----WRONG!!!!
Just two jackass friends of ours Police scanner?? 847999
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:26 pm

If you've ever had the police come and break up an argument between you and your spouse and one of you ends up in jail, you might be a redneck..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Unless it was a catfight.

Police scanner?? Catfight

Tell me more. Please.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:00 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
If you've ever had the police come and break up an argument between you and your spouse and one of you ends up in jail, you might be a redneck..... Laughing

Sheriff Jim in Hoxie used to take both to jail. He said a domestic fight was rarely one sided, and sometimes the woman was the first to start swinging.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:17 pm

Maybe there is justice in Ellis County. I have never ever heard of a female going to the slammer in a domestic riot in this county.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Any of ya'll scanner-hounds know about the shit that went on south of Hays this weekend, with the Janke kid? Did they ever find him?
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:06 am

Bighead wrote:
Any of ya'll scanner-hounds know about the shit that went on south of Hays this weekend, with the Janke kid? Did they ever find him?
Didn't hear anything about this. There was a "cutting"/stabbing in Hays this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 am

Degeneration X wrote:
Bighead wrote:
Didn't hear anything about this. There was a "cutting"/stabbing in Hays this past weekend.

I know there was a knife incident, but don't know the details. So what about a Janke kid? Missing or running?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:57 am

Bighead wrote:
Janke kid

Rush County Janke or New York Janke?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Does anyone know why there were cops flying down Vine going like 55 w/sirens and lights headed north??
*****this was at 12:45 today-it was crazy!!

Last edited by wilkykav2 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 pm

They are at Woodhaven. It looks like a disco place there with all the lights.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:06 am

The Other One wrote:
Bighead wrote:
Janke kid

Rush County Janke or New York Janke?

Hmmm... seems that we know the same Jankes.

Update: The kid turned himself in. And I sincerely HOPE he manages an insanity defense.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:31 pm

I have heard all about this story with Janke. I'm just glad that the officer and his patrol dog are safe, I know them personally and this could've been way worse.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 pm

I don't give a rat's ass about the cop. But I feel sorry for the Janke family. I'm told that the kid has always been kinda odd... and now he's pretty much just ruined any prospects he might have had for the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:34 pm

So what's the Janke story? Musta missed that one.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:06 pm

His vehicle made contact with a sheriff's vehicle repeatedly. He fled on foot. Was apprehended near McCracken. (sp?) Paper was kinda sketchy.

link to story
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:15 pm

This is the only news story I've found about the incident. Differs slightly from the account that I heard, and is lacking in quite a few details- including events leading up to this. But either way, for Jordan Janke's sake, I HOPE that I haven't heard the entire story. I hope there's more to it and that he didn't do something THIS stupid.

http://www.hdnews.net/Story/manhunt082609
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Sounds like something a guy I knew named Clarence from Hill City would do.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 am

Bighead wrote:
I don't give a rat's ass about the cop. But I feel sorry for the Janke family. I'm told that the kid has always been kinda odd... and now he's pretty much just ruined any prospects he might have had for the rest of his life.

I don't feel sorry for Janke's family... he made his bed and now he has to sleep in it. Yes he has always been odd, his parents disowned him, or more so his dad. BUT he also went to NKTC and got a degree in automotive mechanics so it's not like he was a complete loser.

I'm about 90% sure this is the story. He got pulled over for expired tags, the cop took his tag which pissed him off. Later that night he was out driving around and came upon the police car. He then decided to gun his vehicle and ram it into the cruiser. He fled and was missing for a few days. He's getting charged with a list of things, including attempted manslaughter on both the officer and the police dog.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:55 am

Personally, I think it's a shame that this alleged "attempt" was unsuccessful. If the kid was going to ruin his life over something as petty as this, I wish he would have taken out the cop and his dog.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 pm

bg0308 wrote:
He's getting charged with a list of things, including attempted manslaughter on both the officer and the police dog.

Police scanner?? 912833
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:34 pm

I don't know why that would surprise you, Ratzilla. Police receive legal protections above and beyond what us mere civilians get. I expect that the same would apply to their dogs.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:58 pm

he should be charged with assault,not manslaughter-that;s FN stupid
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:20 pm

We'd probably agree on this one Bighead. Had a cop here years ago that used to pick up dogs late at night and take them out in the country. But they had 2 legs.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Bighead wrote:
I don't know why that would surprise you, Ratzilla. Police receive legal protections above and beyond what us mere civilians get. I expect that the same would apply to their dogs.

To further clarify my post, how can you charge someone with attempted manslaughter for attempting to kill a dog? No matter how, or why you kill a dog it cannot be legally considered manslaughter.

Legal definition....
Quote :
MANSLAUGHTER - The unlawful killing of a human being without malice or premeditation, either express or implied; distinguished from murder, which requires malicious intent.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:29 pm

I really don't know if he's actually being charged with manslaughter for killing a dog... or if that was just poor wording on bg's part. I'm not really interested enough to do some googling and find out for myself.

But like I said- it wouldn't SURPRISE me if that was the case. Crimes against police are highly politicized- they have numerous legal protections that we'll never have (so much for equality under the law). And, Ratzilla, I'm sure that YOU in particular can come up with another example of politicized crime where you can be charged with manslaughter or murder, when the victim in question is not, legally speaking, a person.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh blah blah blah. IF he had pulled this shit on a private citizen would you guys be complaining about the charges? He fucked up plain and simple and he did it INTENTIONALLY. No sympathy here.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Bighead wrote:
Ratzilla, I'm sure that YOU in particular can come up with another example of politicized crime where you can be charged with manslaughter or murder, when the victim in question is not, legally speaking, a person.

I've heard of being charged with assault on a law enforcement officer in the case of police dogs, but I can't say I've ever seen anyone charged with manslaughter or murder in connection with an animal killing.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:53 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Oh blah blah blah. IF he had pulled this shit on a private citizen would you guys be complaining about the charges? He fucked up plain and simple and he did it INTENTIONALLY. No sympathy here.

Yes I'd complain if anyone was charged with manslaughter against a dog. It's legally impossible under the definition of manslaughter.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 pm

OK I get that part, my mistake I thought you guys were talking about the fact that it was against a cop judging by some of the comments.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:07 pm

luv2cook wrote:
OK I get that part, my mistake I thought you guys were talking about the fact that it was against a cop judging by some of the comments.

I'm sure the cop thing was part of it with Bighead. He has no fondness for cops as you may recall. My only argument is if they are charging someone with a crime against a person when it was a dog.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm confused.How can ramming a vehicle be attempted manslaughter?Maybe he just wanted to scare 'em?People ram into each others vehicles in fights and such,are they charged the same or is it because it's a cop?
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:35 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
I'm confused.How can ramming a vehicle be attempted manslaughter?Maybe he just wanted to scare 'em?People ram into each others vehicles in fights and such,are they charged the same or is it because it's a cop?

Basically, if you commit a crime against a cop, then you'll be charged with the most spectacular crime that might possibly be construed to fit the situation. Had this been a private citizen, Jordan would be charged with something along the lines of assault.

luv2cook wrote:

If he had pulled his shit on a private citizen, and killed the private citizen's dog, then he would not be charged with manslaughter for killing said dog. That's what we're discussing. But I'm still not fully convinced that Ratzilla and I aren't just the victim of a poorly worded sentence. I HOPE that that's the case. But you know how the legal system is when it comes to cops... wouldn't surprise me one bit if you could be charged with murder for killing a police dog.

Now, I will readily admit that if he had pulled this shit on a private citizen, then I wouldn't feel bad at all for the kid. I'd figure that he deserves to be charged. But seeings how cops harass, intimidate, assault, kidnap, murder, and rob people for a living, I hope the police officer in question is AT LEAST in a lot of pain... and I think it's a shame that he lived.

Ratzilla wrote:
Bighead wrote:
Ratzilla, I'm sure that YOU in particular can come up with another example of politicized crime where you can be charged with manslaughter or murder, when the victim in question is not, legally speaking, a person.

I've heard of being charged with assault on a law enforcement officer in the case of police dogs, but I can't say I've ever seen anyone charged with manslaughter or murder in connection with an animal killing.

I'm talking about your pet peeve of drunk drivers being charged with murder or manslaughter for killing a fetus. The same fetus that a doctor can legally kill.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 am

Bighead wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
Bighead wrote:
I'm talking about your pet peeve of drunk drivers being charged with murder or manslaughter for killing a fetus. The same fetus that a doctor can legally kill.

The unborn child is a person. It's not a dog, it's not a chunk of beef inside the mother. You were the same a day before you were born as you were the day after except you began breathing air.

If I have a "pet peeve" about that it's only because the same talk shows and activists that preach abortion rights also preach charging a man with homicide for killing the unborn. My opinion doesn't waver. The opinion of the crowd that says it's a lump of meat if they want to abort, but it's a baby if they can put a man in jail does.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 am

Quote :
The unborn child is a person.

I said LEGALLY a person. And I'm really not interested in arguing the point- I think it's sloppy legislation at best. Just pointing out a similar legal situation.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:42 am

At what point a fetus becomes a person has been designated at various points by most of the states by now, but I agree that there are similarities in the two discussions. When isn't a baby a person, when isn't a dog a dog.

My personal feeling as to providing more severe penalties for killing an emergency worker as police, fire, or EMT beyond that of the average citizen is that it's wrong. I think the emergency worker goes into bad situations knowing full well that there are those who may do them harm. I would reserve the automatic 1st degree murder charges and automatic death penalties for the killers of innocents who never intended to be in harms way.

Someone who harms an emergency responder, or even a police dog, should be prosecuted. But no more than if they harm a common citizen. It would be like if we charged every opposing soldier in a war with murder for shooting our soldiers. It's just silly.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 am

Your discussion reminded me of an incident that happened over here, late last year. Tribal police tried to pull a guy over for traffic violations, instead of stopping, he fled. A chase ensued. Eventually, the guy's car crapped out on him on a gravel road and he shot at the police officer and his canine officer, hitting the dog in the neck. The guy was charged with "inflicting harm or injury" to the police dog.

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/121708/loc_368463495.shtml
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
zbounce
Rookie
Rookie
zbounce

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am

Ratzilla wrote:
if were thinking of the same clarence, and i am sure we are, i am afraid he died a couple of years ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.scarecrowstone.com
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:43 pm

zbounce wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
if were thinking of the same clarence, and i am sure we are, i am afraid he died a couple of years ago

Yeah, he did, but I think it was at least 3 or 4 years ago. Knew him since childhood and he was always up to something wild.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:40 pm

Clarence was the only guy (besides his daddy and papas) my son would go to when he was a toddler. Yes, he was pretty wild!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 pm

As crazy as he could get he was the only guy I knew that always asked how my dad and mom were doing every single time I saw him. One moment it would seem he had no sense of right and wrong and then the next minute he'd do something surprisingly nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Police scanner?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police scanner??   Police scanner?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police scanner??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next