Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Big 3 bailout

Go down 
+3
alg8tr
SciFi
slickjay12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:16 am

HAS FALLEN APART IN THE SENATE cheers

WASHINGTON - A $14 billion emergency bailout for U.S. automakers collapsed in the Senate Thursday night after the United Auto Workers refused to accede to Republican demands for swift wage cuts

FUCKIN UNIONS I hope this teaches them a lesson

LINK
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:25 am

slickjay12 wrote:
FUCKIN UNIONS I hope this teaches them a lesson
I don't think it will, slickjay, but for what it's worth, I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:26 am

Just what the doctor ordered. Now in bankruptcy all those union agreements are worthless. The factories should do like the Japs did down south and hire all new. Everyone in this country has had to sweat through these hard times and it is about time the UAW did too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:55 am

I think it's about time for a new law to be created and start taking back all of the bonuses that the CEO's of these companies are getting and apply it to the problem. They are the ones who put us in this position in the first place!
Back to top Go down

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am

Start taking back all of the bonuses that the CEO's of these companies are getting? Sounds like you are down with redistribution of the wealth.

How about if instead of a bonus they pay you a retention payment of $92,500.00 to $4,000,000.00 if you stay with the company for a year?

Thats what AIG is doing.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 am

Maybe in the next 3 to 5 years they will be asking for help again. Where does it end?

If they go bankrupt again I would tell them to go and find another fucking job!!!
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:46 am

Yep. Blame the Unions when all the people with actual insight say that isn't the problem.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 am

If it's not the Unions fault,then who's to blame?
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I think that this is the culmination of everyone's greed, it's the domino effect. I believe it is cyclical. When times are good, everyone wants more, more, more...whether they can afford it or not, then when the tide turns, which is inevitable, everyone is looking for someone to blame. As a country, I think we should all suck it up and take a good look at ourselves and our lifestyles and make the appropriate changes...

LIKE THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Rog wrote:
Yep. Blame the Unions when all the people with actual insight say that isn't the problem.
It's part of the problem. I have to admit that it sometimes appalls me how American businesses can export jobs with impunity.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:58 pm

crutch51 wrote:
Maybe in the next 3 to 5 years they will be asking for help again. Where does it end?

If they go bankrupt again I would tell them to go and find another fucking job!!!
I was surprised to see that the bailout failed, but believe me, I'm not shedding a tear over it. Kinda been curious what EP's perspective is on all of this. Why not just let them go bankrupt if they aren't going to be innovative? I agree with Al, wouldn't it give the companies a leg up on the unions?
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Senator Chris Dodd is bound and determined to get money for the car companys. The way he is going about it is unconstitutional. Dodd recieved a sweet mortgage deal from Fanny Mae. We may need martial law.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Big 3 bailout Autobailout
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:15 pm

alg8tr wrote:
Senator Chris Dodd is bound and determined to get money for the car companys. The way he is going about it is unconstitutional. Dodd recieved a sweet mortgage deal from Fanny Mae. We may need martial law.
Barney Frank and Chris Dodd are responsible for this subprime bullshit. They are the ones which made importunate demands to make those loans above all else with whatever that fucks name is, and now they have the nerve to claim high and mighty like they are going to fix it??? Bullshit!!! I don't blame those guys for the state of the economy, but the subprime crap, that was on their watch, damn-it.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 am

Rog wrote:

And who would that be? The union bosses?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 am

crutch51 wrote:

More like 3 to 5 months.

SciFi wrote:
I was surprised to see that the bailout failed, but believe me, I'm not shedding a tear over it. Kinda been curious what EP's perspective is on all of this. Why not just let them go bankrupt if they aren't going to be innovative? I agree with Al, wouldn't it give the companies a leg up on the unions?

If the unions aren't willing to renegotiate their contracts to help keep the companies solvent, then fuck 'em. Bankruptcy filing would void the union contracts. The companies can restructure, start over and be profitable. The union bosses are the ones who will be out of jobs. Too bad. They'll have to find someone else to extort.

One other point: The press and the Congress are demonizing the CEOs of the auto companies for their excesses such as taking private jets to Washington to ask for billions in bailout money. While I agree that they are wasteful, arrogant assholes, I wonder why the press isn't holding Congress to the same standards. For example, Nancy Pelosi has a private jet. Has she stopped using it to show her commitment to saving money? I'm sure there are commercial flights from DC to her home district in San Francisco every day with empty seats. She could make a statement and help an American company at the same time. But nooooo... Princess Pelosi is above all that.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:31 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
Big 3 bailout Autobailout
Unless we make our trucks in Canada. My Toyota was made in our United States.
Back to top Go down

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:20 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big 3 bailout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 3 bailout   Big 3 bailout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big 3 bailout
Page 1 of 1