Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..

Go down 
+7
suzyj
jessks75
RomadBuff
just me
wilkykav2
nobodysbusiness
Ratzilla
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Empty
PostSubject: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:30 am

I doubt this post will exist very long as soon as admin reads it, but I'd like to ask something about the rules. This was posted in the new announcement about the rules.

RomadBuff wrote:
PLease do not hijack other peoples threads. In the futre if talking about dogs triggers some sexual frustration in you, or you suffer from vietnam flashbacks (even if you have never been there), please feel free to start your own thread.

Why might I ask, do I have to be so sweetly perfect and considerate of others, yet our admin can insinuate I have dog sex fantasies and delusional thoughts of being in Vietnam?

Last edited by Ratzilla on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 am

the main reason things were deleted off that thread is because the original poster had a problem with how the thread had been turned. Rather than make a huge deal about it, I just deleted the unneeded posts and left it as it was. It was made a much bigger deal than it should have been.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:35 am

I can understand that even though we meant no harm. But why can admin insult me?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:36 am

I deleted the part of his post that insulted you. I apologize.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:37 am

I also understand that you meant no harm, thats why I simply deleted the posts that were not in direct interest to the ad.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:40 am

let's all just be nice,k???? flower
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 am

there is a time and place for it, I guess. Again its all a judgement call.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 am

You know I agree with a fairly strict set of rules, but we don't even know when we can make a joke anymore.

And yes, I understood you took it mildly. I suppose I just didn't see it as so offensive. We've made similar jokes before so I didn't expect that reaction.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:44 am

As I said Ratz - sometimes there is just a time and place for it. It is behind us now. Nothing would have been said had the original poster not had an issue with it. I have to try to keep everyone happy. Sometimes I feel like I am losing the battle.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:50 am

Yeah I know NB. And you didn't have to delete what Buff posted on my account either. I really don't care if I get insulted. I just thought it kinda funny to be told to be nice by the same person who was making remarks aimed at me. No harm done. Smile
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 am

if ya havent figured it out already, I don't have much control over him LOL
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 am

I assumed that. Very Happy And I appreciate you allowing this topic to stay. I knew one of you could have just canned it and blocked me from the site and no one would have known the difference.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:57 am

oh yes we would... you post too much to not notice you being gone. There was no reason to ban you. Its all over now... time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 am

Like I said, no harm done. I can still make fun of Nitro and justoo can't I? What a Face
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:03 am

of course
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:13 am

Sounds good. LOL Since I started this thread I assume I'm ok in changing direction. Tonight I talked to kids from two different families that used to live in my house that said they'd never stay in it again. Both claimed to have seen apparitions. One kid said he had constant nightmares that quit as soon as he moved out. It's an odd place, but so far nothing too bizarre.

I need to take those kids upstairs sometime. When you round the corner at the top of the stairs my Halloween witch is standing right there. It's even startled a few adults. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
just me

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Sounds good. LOL Since I started this thread I assume I'm ok in changing direction. Tonight I talked to kids from two different families that used to live in my house that said they'd never stay in it again. Both claimed to have seen apparitions. One kid said he had constant nightmares that quit as soon as he moved out. It's an odd place, but so far nothing too bizarre.

I need to take those kids upstairs sometime. When you round the corner at the top of the stairs my Halloween witch is standing right there. It's even startled a few adults. Very Happy

OMG that's just mean... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RomadBuff
Admin
Admin
RomadBuff

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:13 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Yeah I know NB. And you didn't have to delete what Buff posted on my account either. I really don't care if I get insulted. I just thought it kinda funny to be told to be nice by the same person who was making remarks aimed at me. No harm done. Smile

Grow some thicker skin, and I never once told you to be nice, it was a joke.

You guys win. Time to move on.

My last post, ya'll enjoy this site, it's not worth the heartburn and stress it causes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/romadbuff
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:29 am

RomadBuff wrote:

My last post, ya'll enjoy this site, it's not worth the heartburn and stress it causes.
huh? I thought was dealt with?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:45 am

RomadBuff wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

I didn't take it as anything but a joke. A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. 838973 People misinterpret intent of posts all the time. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:00 am

omg I feel like I am a babysitter! How old are we?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Hey! I changed the topic to ghosts A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. 365653 lol!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:55 pm

cool, I wanna go!!!!
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm

Very cool, but I think they're sold out... I'd of enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:13 pm

You ever been on the tours suzy?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:16 pm

just me wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

OMG that's just mean... Twisted Evil

They aren't little kids. They're all 16 or older now which is why it's funny that they're still scared of staying here.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
You ever been on the tours suzy?

No, but I'd love to go. Oz and I should get together sometime, and check out one of the tours. Very Happy *hint hint*
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Ever heard good stories about the tours from reliable witnesses? I'd like to see the Seeley mansion too since he dealt in patent medicines and I collect that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Last time we were in Abilene, the Seelye Mansion was undergoing renovations. That was a place I'd always wanted to check out, but just couldn't find the time.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:43 pm

I hear they have several examples of his patent meds on display. He was known for riding the UP rail line and selling it off the train. Some of his more rare bottles can bring prices in the hundreds.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:27 pm

I went to the Seeley Mansion years ago. I can't really remember too much except the house being huge (of course) and I loved the very top of the house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:29 pm

What's the top?
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:34 pm

I can't think of what it's called, it reminded me of what they would have put Rapunzel in. lol
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Ahh ok. A turret?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Or, is it more like a widows walk?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 pm

A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. 11
Couldn't find a pic of the Seelye Mansion that showed the part you are talking about.
If it is similar to the same part in the above pictured Lebold Mansion, it is called a "tower".
Aside from being a watchtower, it had an architectural purpose. It was the thermostat for the house. The more you opened the windows up there, the more the air drew through the house. In those days it was the man of the house who tended to this chore, giving him the thermastat control. My, how things have changed.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 pm

suzyr wrote:
Or, is it more like a widows walk?

Could be a tower or a turret. Rapunzel was in a turret. I saw it on Fractured Fairy Tales so it must be true. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 pm

A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. 17

Seelye Mansion
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Na ya. Found that pic, couldn't find a pic that showed the tower.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Oh well, whatever it is, a co-worker that takes the tours out of Hays says it's a great place to see.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 pm

I don't remember a tower. Of course, it might not have been visible from the street, so I wouldn't have seen it while doing a drive by.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Rapunzel was in a turret. I saw it on Fractured Fairy Tales so it must be true. Very Happy
Nerd! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:02 pm

suzyr wrote:
I don't remember a tower. Of course, it might not have been visible from the street, so I wouldn't have seen it while doing a drive by.

You should be ashamed. Doing a drive by on such an elegant old landmark. tongue
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:17 pm

I am... So ashamed. So sorry. Won't happen again. Twisted Evil err, I mean... Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Sorry, thought you meant Toast stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoFhNepDTuE
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:42 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:59 am

Justoo wrote:
A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. 11
Couldn't find a pic of the Seelye Mansion that showed the part you are talking about.
If it is similar to the same part in the above pictured Lebold Mansion, it is called a "tower".
Aside from being a watchtower, it had an architectural purpose. It was the thermostat for the house. The more you opened the windows up there, the more the air drew through the house. In those days it was the man of the house who tended to this chore, giving him the thermastat control. My, how things have changed.

uuuummmm, it may have been the Lebold Mansion. I could have sworn it was the Seelye one. My bad if it was. Interesting architectural purpose, I didn't know that! I remember the lady that showed us the place, she was very sweet!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:00 am

SlumberGirl wrote:
[ I remember the lady that showed us the place, she was very sweet!
Probably the Seelye Mansion, then. The tours at he Lebold are given by a gentleman or his gentleman friend.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:30 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Sorry, thought you meant Toast stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoFhNepDTuE

What disturbs me is that I watched almost half that video before I closed the browser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..   A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about rules, is now a ghost story thread..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next