Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

multi-religious household

Go down 
+4
jessks75
Ratzilla
suzyj
Bighead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

multi-religious household Empty
PostSubject: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:20 am

Some of you may know that my wife and I ascribe to differing religions- an occasional source of conflict in our otherwise happy marriage. As a Pastafarian, I believe that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the earth over 100 years ago, and I admire Him for his giant balls. But apparently my wife has not been touched by His noodley appendage, and she believes that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is paradoxically both Invisible and Pink. I try my damnedest to tolerate her beliefs, even though I reckon her fondness for pepperoni amounts to heresy according to her professed beliefs.

Anyway, conflict between Pastafarians and Adorers of the IPU is inevitable, as evidenced here:

WARNING! Watching this video without requisite knowledge of the subject matter may result in confusion, dizziness, and spiritual angst. Contains scenes of gratuitous Spiritual Warfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TagemN7kkw&feature=related

I just hope our happy home isn't torn apart.

Last edited by Bighead on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:48 am

Join together to form your own pink invisible noodley appendageness. I'm sure the masses will rejoice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:10 am

Oh Hell no! The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true Gawd. I hate the my dear wife will be damned for all eternity... but it was her choice to follow a false diety.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Ten years ago I'd have said my beliefs revolved around getting a fine piece of tail and beer. But at my age I'm beginning to understand that beer is the only thing that continues to be there for me while I've pretty much lost faith in ever seeing the other.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:28 pm

multi-religious household 912833 multi-religious household 912833 multi-religious household 912833
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Sorry, Jess. I should've posted this with a disclaimer. One needs to be familiar with the basic tenets of Pastafarianism and the Adoration of the IPU to truely appreciate this video. Watching said video without requisite knowledge of the subject matter may result in confusion, dizziness, and spiritual angst.

Neccesary background information for both competing religions can be found at these links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_spaghetti_monster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_pink_unicorn
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Sorry, Bighead. I didn't mean to offend you and your Pastafarianistic beliefs. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Disclaimer added to opening post.

Suzy- don't worry about offending me. Worry about offending HIM. For his noodles are infinite in reach.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Sure alot of talk about noodles lately.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:16 pm

I've got my fork ready! I'm not a'skeert. multi-religious household 530931
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Careful suzy. He may reach out with his many noodley appendages and fork you back. Pretty powerful guy that FSM
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:36 pm

All hail the mighty FSM he will fuck your world up
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:19 pm

You know, I bet it'd have been funny to sit in on all that debate over intelligent design being taught in KS schools. Seems to me being touched by the noodley appendage is about as believable as any religion. And pink invisible unicorns sound pretty logical by biblical standards too. I guess I'm pretty dull. I always figured some advanced aliens put us here as an experiment to see how long it'd take us to self destruct. I think a Pastafaraian church in Hays would be hilarious. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JustAnotherTourist
JustAnotherTourist

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Born a Catholic, married an Episcopalian by a Nazarene minister in a Methodist church and had the first child baptized in the Lutheran church....

Figure this one out.

I guess we have our bases covered.

Born again Pagan
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:17 pm

I notice the Pastafarians don't recognize Cheezus. I'd think it'd be perfect. The son of Spaghetti Monster. Cheezus of Parmesan. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Oh, Gouda one.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Sounds to me as if this guy has had a few bad LSD experiences in his lifetime,and if you want to get dizzy and confused then watch the movie Cloverfield. Crutch51
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:14 pm

I've always thought most religions were the result of the writers overusage of drugs and alcohol. Or maybe just schizophrenia.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 pm

that might explain the pink unicorn
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

A good dose of hallucinogens could just produce a pink invisible unicorn. I imagine things like women turning into pillars of salt and such were more likely the product of primitive minds inventing things to explain the unexplained. Maybe with a little wine and hashish as contributing factors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: multi-religious household   multi-religious household Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

multi-religious household
Page 1 of 1