Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Fence codes in Hays

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Fence codes in Hays Empty
PostSubject: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Anyone know what the max height could be for a fence in town? We are having peeking/spying neighbor issues and I'm trying to talk my husband into making the fence higher since it needs to be replaced anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 pm

No match for my..........

Fence codes in Hays Img40-250x250

Hands Free Periscope Goggles......oh yeah!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Fences 6' and under don't need a permit. Any taller than that you can contact the Public Works office located at 1002 Vine St. or call 628-7310 or 628-7350.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 pm

are you sunbathing in the nude to make them spy/peep on you? I can look out my kitchen window and see into a neighbors yard across the street , does that make me a spying-peeper?

Just an observation here about society in general..... it is interestng to see all the fences and walls people put up to shut their neighbors out and hide in their own little world anymore. When I was a kid, there were very few if any fences, all the yards were open people actually got out and socialized with their neighbors. the few fences I remember were usually to keep their chickens penned up. Man how times have changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Good fences make good neighbors. As for keeping the chickens penned, I like my chickens to be free range
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Prairie chickens fit that category
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Urban free range chickens get run over. Their rural counterparts fare much better.

Fence codes in Hays 6106180-so-why-did-that-chicken-cross-the-road-anyway-after-being-run-over-by-a-car-i-guess-we-may-never-kno
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:58 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
are you sunbathing in the nude to make them spy/peep on you? I can look out my kitchen window and see into a neighbors yard across the street , does that make me a spying-peeper?

Just an observation here about society in general..... it is interestng to see all the fences and walls people put up to shut their neighbors out and hide in their own little world anymore. When I was a kid, there were very few if any fences, all the yards were open people actually got out and socialized with their neighbors. the few fences I remember were usually to keep their chickens penned up. Man how times have changed.

negative on the sunbathing nude part! The driveway of the house next door slopes upwards and they don't even have to give an effort to look over the fence. They are always looking in our backyard and our privacy is pretty much non-existant. The lady would just call at random times during the day at my work to tell me about our outside dog and what he was doing. Just getting annoying... crazy old lady and her daughter need to mind their own business
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:55 am

ever thought of moving? after all you have no rights. your neighbor will always be in the right and you in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 am

"You put up a fence to keep me out but to keep Mother Nature in
If God was here he'd tell you to your face
Man, you're some kind of sinner..."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 am

The Other One wrote:
"You put up a fence to keep me out but to keep Mother Nature in
If God was here he'd tell you to your face
Man, you're some kind of sinner..."

Hippie freak
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 pm

zeke wrote:
ever thought of moving? after all you have no rights. your neighbor will always be in the right and you in the wrong.

Yes we have thought of moving(not just because of neighbors.. need more space too)... BUT trying to find a decent house in hays that isn't a pile in our price range is non-existant right now! We looked at one on Gen. Lawton and one on Lawrence but both are in horrible need of fixing up. Gen. Lawton is a DIY project gone bad and the one on Lawrence was built in 1962 and I don't think was ever touched after that....
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 am

yes housing in hays is way over priced, favorite past time is comparing a hays daily news sunday classifieds with other sunday papers from both same sized and large cities and see how much cheaper thing are in these other places and they have jobs and entertainment in these other places
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:36 pm

So did u find out the fencing requirements? set backs, height, materials, etc?
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

SunShine69 wrote:
So did u find out the fencing requirements? set backs, height, materials, etc?

Justtoo had some info above. As far as materials/set backs go. Don't buy cheap pickets(another reason why our fence needs replaced due to the previous owners) and set backs aren't a problem.. my husband does construction/electrial projects at work every day so it will get done in a day.. 2 at the most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:59 pm

bg0308 wrote:
so it will get done in a day.. 2 at the most.

Famous last words........lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fence codes in Hays   Fence codes in Hays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fence codes in Hays
Page 1 of 1