Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine   Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down
bowhuntn' chick

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine   Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Lol that was pretty funny. You do have to admit that if they would have not made a big deal about it, and it did turn out to be big and damaging we would never hear the end of it. Better to be safe then sorry I think.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine   Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 am

bowhuntn' chick wrote:
Lol that was pretty funny. You do have to admit that if they would have not made a big deal about it, and it did turn out to be big and damaging we would never hear the end of it. Better to be safe then sorry I think.

I agree, but that video is hilarious, especially with him tied to the tree.

My daughter is going to college in Maine. She got there on Thursday, right before it "hit." They were told to stay in the dorms when it got really bad, and security would come get them if they needed to evacuate. Since it never got bad, much less really bad, she didn't even miss work on Sunday night. She said the wind was not as strong as a routine windy day in Hays. Guess the big difference is that they actually have trees there to blow over after the rain loosens the roots. But their campus is at the mouth of the Saco River and they had absolutely no flooding, and none is expected.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine   Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:47 am

The Other One wrote:

but that video is hilarious, especially with him tied to the tree.

I passed that one on. Funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine   Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Irene Rips Through Maine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Humor-
Jump to: