Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Dillon's

Go down 
+10
lilchefed
Ratzilla
luv2cook
every1poops
LukeTHr
The Other One
Bighead
nobodysbusiness
nitromaxx98
SciFi
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:32 pm

I filled my car tonight at Dillon's. They had a sign on each pump which read that gas will be prepaid-only starting on the 22nd. I asked the attendant why that was. His answer: "The boss thinks it's a good idea." A fountain of information, that one.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:11 pm

It's the day after Judgement Day. May not be a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:59 pm

judgement day?
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:10 am

Heh. Now that's some funny shit.

For the boss's sake (er, I should say for the sake of his mental health), I HOPE that date is a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:23 am

When gas prices rise, drive-offs increase. When they rise as quickly and as dramatically as they have since January, drive-offs increase exponentially. The last time gas prices spiked, Quik-Trip implemented their cards that are still in use that unlock the pump without pre-paying and without using a card. They contain all of your personal information, so if you drive off without paying, the police know who you are, what you drive, where you live, etc.

Seems to me that Dillon's is just protecting themselves from thieves.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:13 am

Seems to me that Dillon's, instead of making all transactions prepay (stated on the sign), could have made all cash transactions as prepay while the booth is staffed. Card users wouldn't be affected.

The Other One wrote:
When gas prices rise, drive-offs increase. When they rise as quickly and as dramatically as they have since January, drive-offs increase exponentially. The last time gas prices spiked, Quik-Trip implemented their cards that are still in use that unlock the pump without pre-paying and without using a card. They contain all of your personal information, so if you drive off without paying, the police know who you are, what you drive, where you live, etc.

Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:15 am

The Other One wrote:

so, steal one of those little cards and ya got it made
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:23 am

nobodysbusiness wrote:
judgement day?

May 21st. The end begins.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:00 pm

guess I missed the memo, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
every1poops
every1poops

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:34 pm

The Rapture(or judgement day) is May 21, 2011 according to some faiths. Personnally I don't believe it, but time will tell.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:41 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
The Other One wrote:

so, steal one of those little cards and ya got it made

Just as with a Dillon's card, it would be the owner's responsibility to report it lost or stolen. However, most places have video cameras on all the pumps now, so if someone stole a card and used it, they would be there in living color for the cops to ID.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Oh yay, more awesomeness, it SERIOUSLY SUCKS to have to prepay when you are filling your tank, I mean who knows how much its going to take and all this is going to do is make more traffic at the window. Way to go Dillons. Is Kwik Shop also going to be doing this?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Oh yay, more awesomeness, it SERIOUSLY SUCKS to have to prepay when you are filling your tank, I mean who knows how much its going to take and all this is going to do is make more traffic at the window. Way to go Dillons. Is Kwik Shop also going to be doing this?

I would guess that they are only requiring pre-pay for cash customers, and that people who are paying with plastic can still do it as before. That would be the same number of people using the window, but they'd just be using it before they fill their tank, not after.

And if it's a Kroger corporate policy change, then Kwik Shop will likely follow suit.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Are you suggesting that kroger and leukemia shop are connected?

that would be Corporate greed.

Quick. To the Tarzan phone!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:06 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Are you suggesting that kroger and leukemia shop are connected?

that would be Corporate greed.

Quick. To the Tarzan phone!

Not suggesting it. It's a fact. Just one of their six convenience store chains and seventeen or so supermarket brands. I was, however, unaware that they own four jewelry store chains and a medical clinic.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:18 am

Damn autocorrect...lol

Leukemia was kwik and Tarzan was Ratz.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:26 am

Damn that was brilliant. Will you make fart sounds under your armpit now for a grand finale?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Damn that was brilliant. Will you make fart sounds under your armpit now for a grand finale?

I should. might entertain a grumpy old man stuck in a rut.

But, then, you would just take your ball and run home.

Where is the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:41 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Actually it'd be the most original thing you've done in some time since for quite awhile you've only been parroting conservative talk show hosts or Bighead depending on the day.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:23 am

Ratzilla wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Actually it'd be the most original thing you've done in some time since for quite awhile you've only been parroting conservative talk show hosts or Bighead depending on the day.

Ok, name one example of this.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:54 am

Wait, there are complaints about a standard gas station practice...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN!!

Seriously, if you don't like how a business does business, then find another business. If this is going to take more time at the window and you don't like that, then do something different. Either use a bank/credit card like 75% of the world or go to another gas station, I'm sure you can find one somewhere in Hays.

I'm just surprised that Dillons didn't do it all ready.

Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Well mister go somewhere else, I can use my debit card HOWEVER I dont really care for the 75 dollar HOLD that the pump puts on my debit card when Ive only bought 40 dollars worth of gas! As a single parent, there are many times where I dont have that extra cushion to be held up for a day or two.

And no if you fill your tank that requires TWO trips to the window, one to pre-pay and one to get your friggen change.

I have one reason and one reason only for using Dillons pumps, because I usually have a gas discount ranging from 30-60 cents, otherwise I would go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:33 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Well mister go somewhere else, I can use my debit card HOWEVER I dont really care for the 75 dollar HOLD that the pump puts on my debit card when Ive only bought 40 dollars worth of gas! As a single parent, there are many times where I dont have that extra cushion to be held up for a day or two.

Really? That sucks.

But it's your bank, not Dillon's. I use my Visa debit card from Sunflower Bank to buy gas at Dillon's all the time. There's never any hold exceeding the amount of purchase.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:37 pm

lilchefed wrote:
Either use a bank/credit card like 75% of the world

If you use a CREDIT card for everyday purchases like gas and groceries, you've either never been educated about how much extra it's costing you or you're an idiot.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
nobodysbusiness wrote:
judgement day?

May 21st. The end begins.

I have a kid graduating from high school on Sunday. I've been spending a lot of time and money on the graduation party and her gift. If the world ends on Saturday, I'm gonna be really pissed.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:46 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

One example? Oh, how about several? Like how I hate the rich, or the "it's not fair" with the cry face every time I TRUTHFULLY state imbalances in business, pay levels, tax breaks or subsidies to someone who has absolutely no need for them. Basically anytime I don't lick the ass of corporate America you'll have some snotty comment. Incredibly, you even don't seem to like it when I complain about companies like AIG spending bailout money on big parties.

Then you put on another face and join Bighead to trash the Constitution.

Tell me nitro. Do you need an interpreter to tell you that you have the right to own a gun? Do you think You need an interpreter to tell you what "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" means?

One thing you need to keep in mind is that the Constitution deals with the rights of the public verses the government. The founders knew that exclusive neighborhoods would not want to let vagrants set up tents on their front lawns. The case of the Boy Scouts forbidding gays or Atheists from becoming Scout Masters was decided in their favor not because the Constitution guaranteed them the right. It was because the Constitution was never designed to force one person to accept another.

Our founders were interested in making sure that all men had equal rights under the government, not in their neighbors house. Yes there have been amendments added involving personal rights, but only to increase someones rights, not take them away. As far as anything else goes, the Constitution states itself that what's not covered by the US Constitution is left to the states.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:05 pm

The Other One wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

If you use a CREDIT card for everyday purchases like gas and groceries, you've either never been educated about how much extra it's costing you or you're an idiot.

My direct cost is ZERO, I don't pay annual fees, I pay my balance every month so I don't pay interest, so my cost is ZERO!!

Now I do understand that it cost a store more when a consumer uses a credit card, so they have to pass that charge on through their products. This is an indirect cost to me. I can't directly control that cost...but I'm an idiot I guess.

Also, my bank charges me nothing to use their bank card as a credit card...trust me, I see the statement every month...actually that is a lie, I don't get paper statements and do direct download to quicken, so I don't see the statement...an no, I don't pay for online banking.

AND my bank doesn't put a $75 hold on my account when I purchase gas.

I would think that saving 2 cents a gallon by going to Dillons might be worth going to the window twice to pay.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

One example? Oh, how about several? Like how I hate the rich, or the "it's not fair" with the cry face every time I TRUTHFULLY state imbalances in business, pay levels, tax breaks or subsidies to someone who has absolutely no need for them. Basically anytime I don't lick the ass of corporate America you'll have some snotty comment. Incredibly, you even don't seem to like it when I complain about companies like AIG spending bailout money on big parties.

Then you put on another face and join Bighead to trash the Constitution.

Tell me nitro. Do you need an interpreter to tell you that you have the right to own a gun? Do you think You need an interpreter to tell you what "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" means?

One thing you need to keep in mind is that the Constitution deals with the rights of the public verses the government. The founders knew that exclusive neighborhoods would not want to let vagrants set up tents on their front lawns. The case of the Boy Scouts forbidding gays or Atheists from becoming Scout Masters was decided in their favor not because the Constitution guaranteed them the right. It was because the Constitution was never designed to force one person to accept another.

Our founders were interested in making sure that all men had equal rights under the government, not in their neighbors house. Yes there have been amendments added involving personal rights, but only to increase someones rights, not take them away. As far as anything else goes, the Constitution states itself that what's not covered by the US Constitution is left to the states.

Sorry, my bad. One SPECIFIC example of parroting Fox News or Bighead?

I think I've figured out your problem. You were born a couple centuries too late.

Perhaps if you were to use part of your pent up anger of the way things are these days, and invent a time machine to take you back to the simpler days, you might find a little happiness in your short time on this earth.

But then, If you would invent such a machine, it would inevitably make you a rich person and you would have to hate yourself. A severe dilemma indeed.

Adrian Cronauer wrote:
You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Practically everything you say to me lately parrots conservative talk show hosts nitro. But you may have one point.

A man like myself may have been more at home in times when standing up to the king and telling him you're tired of his shit was honorable. A time called the enlightenment when men sought to improve themselves by the study of all things around them. A time when a man's property was his to do as he wanted with and his self worth was not something he should be ashamed to stand up for.

And you may just be perfect for the modern world where you are willing to be content to listen to men who get paid millions to feed you a line of crap about how wonderful it is to be their masters servant.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:56 pm

So, you can't be specific. That's cool.

One question. What is stopping you from perusing your ambitions?

I simply choose to not let things I have no direct control over to rule my life or happiness.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:36 pm

lilchefed wrote:

Do this, next time you fill gas and use a debit card, go directly home and pull up your account, I will bet you the charge is there. Ive had several gas stations explain to me that its common practice do do this.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:16 pm

luv2cook wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

Do this, next time you fill gas and use a debit card, go directly home and pull up your account, I will bet you the charge is there. Ive had several gas stations explain to me that its common practice do do this.

I have done exactly that. My online bank statement shows a pre-approval charge of $1 which is eliminated once the transaction is processed on the next business day. Might I suggest you switch banks?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:55 pm

My bank doesn't put any hold on my account either, I just checked it the other day after filling up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:46 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
So, you can't be specific. That's cool.

So you continue to be in denial of what we both know to be fact. That's cool too. I could go through posts and copy your accusations of hating the wealthy, jealousy of the wealthy, and other remarks like I've heard Rush say ad nauseam, but it's pointless to give a skunk proof he stinks.

nitromaxx98 wrote:
One question. What is stopping you from perusing your ambitions?

I'm pursuing my ambitions as time, health, and money allows. My ambitions are not to overthrow my boss. My ambitions are to be able to have a few bucks left over after the oil companies and the guys selling me Chinese made crap for ten times what they paid for it get done. It'd be nice if we could keep an old car in the back yard without having the city call it a nuisance. I'd like to be able to say what's on my mind without the threat of being fired or sued if I offend someone. I'd like everyone in the USA to be as tolerant as they demand I be of them. A couple bucks more in the paycheck for a job well done instead of just hearing "Great, now give us more" is my ambition. A less complicated life with less idiocy and more respect is my ambition.

nitromaxx98 wrote:
I simply choose to not let things I have no direct control over to rule my life or happiness.

That was probably a very common statement during every tyrants rise to power. So then, why did you complain so much about polycarts or the HCVB? You know damn well they'll never change those things just to suit you and you complained long after it was obvious that no one else here was as upset by them as you.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:53 am

luv2cook wrote:

Like lilchefed and Blackie, I've done just that in the past. My account shows only the amount of the purchase. Also, when I make a deposit, I can go directly home and check my account and the full amount is already credited. Even on Saturday.

Banks that tell you that they have to hold your deposits for days are full of shit. They use that money interest free in the interim.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:04 am

lilchefed wrote:
The Other One wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

My direct cost is ZERO, I don't pay annual fees, I pay my balance every month so I don't pay interest, so my cost is ZERO!!

Now I do understand that it cost a store more when a consumer uses a credit card, so they have to pass that charge on through their products. This is an indirect cost to me. I can't directly control that cost...but I'm an idiot I guess.

Also, my bank charges me nothing to use their bank card as a credit card...trust me, I see the statement every month...actually that is a lie, I don't get paper statements and do direct download to quicken, so I don't see the statement...an no, I don't pay for online banking.

I would think that saving 2 cents a gallon by going to Dillons might be worth going to the window twice to pay.

If you found a bank credit card that has a grace period in this day and age, then congratulations. Just don't ever be a day late on a payment.

Most people end up not paying the entire amount each month. They pay obscene interest rates of 12% to 30% for the right to get that 1% to 5% rebate or that free airline ticket after spending thousands of dollars and paying all that interest. Great trade. Not to mention the extra that most people spend when they use a card. McDonald's Corporation was one of the first fast food chains to start taking credit and debit cards because when they tested it, they found that people spend an average of 47% more when using plastic versus using cash.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 2:03 am

Bank cards can still be had that don't charge unless you are past due. But they'll hit you good if you don't pay on time every month and they even encourage you to skip payments with those nice notices telling you what your balance is and then saying amount due $0.00.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Ok well thats weird, because it happens to both myself AND my daughters and all three of us have different banks. I wonder what the deal is.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:06 pm

lilchefed wrote:

The two banks we've used since we moved to Tiny Town, operate the same way. When we first moved here, Cap Fed charged a quarter each time the card was used as a debit. They stopped that, though. Neither bank puts a $75 hold on it for gas when used as credit. Not only do we, as consumers, need to be smart about where we choose to shop, to get the best deal on the merchandise we buy, we also need to be smart consumers with the banks we choose. If you don't like your bank's practices, shop around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:44 am

Guy came out of the Dillon's in North Topeka on Monday evening to find that the wind had blown a shopping cart into his car. After trying unsuccessfully to ram the cart into the front doors, he got in his car and drove it into the store.

That'll show 'em!
Back to top Go down
doodlevw
doodlevw

Number of posts : 54

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am

After reading the comments about the hold charge, whatever it was...I did some checking and Cervs here in town, which I love, does charge the account more. Lets say it was 35.67, the charge will be 36.00 until it clears. Other stores I have noticed will charge $1. I have not seen any charges beyond that, so $1, that is the most.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm

never had it happen to us,no holds here.I agree your bank sucks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Filled up at King Soopers gas station in Bennett, CO today. They had an attendant on duty, no pre-pay required. Perhaps there were just too many drive-offs in Hays.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Went to Dillon's to fill today and was so annoyed by these stupid goddamn advertising items they have zip-tied to the hose at the pump, right at the level of the card reader, right in the way of access to the card reader slot, I was wishing I had a machete to hack it to pieces. I swear it is getting so bad anymore you can't do anything now without some form of advertising being shoved in our faces. Enough Is enough !!!!!!!!! If they want to continue getting my gas business, they need to take those damned advertising Pieces-of-Shit off the hoses. Fine and dandy if they want to promote the price of marlboros and push their monster drink stuff, but goddammint, get it off the fracking gas hoses so I can get in to put my card into the reader so I can get gas. They can stick their ads up their asses........ !!!!!!

There, I've said it and I feel better. Now Dillons take off your damned advertising tags !!!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

Ok, Luke. Times change. If you cannot negotiate a gas pump, you are in need of a BJ as no other man in recorded history..
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 am

I been to a few shell stations lately that have monitors on the pump spewing their advertising bullshit in your face while you pump your gas. I just ignore it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 am

LukeTHr wrote:
Went to Dillon's to fill today and was so annoyed by these stupid goddamn advertising items they have zip-tied to the hose at the pump, right at the level of the card reader, right in the way of access to the card reader slot, I was wishing I had a machete to hack it to pieces. I swear it is getting so bad anymore you can't do anything now without some form of advertising being shoved in our faces. Enough Is enough !!!!!!!!! If they want to continue getting my gas business, they need to take those damned advertising Pieces-of-Shit off the hoses. Fine and dandy if they want to promote the price of marlboros and push their monster drink stuff, but goddammint, get it off the fracking gas hoses so I can get in to put my card into the reader so I can get gas. They can stick their ads up their asses........ !!!!!!

There, I've said it and I feel better. Now Dillons take off your damned advertising tags !!!

Did you e-mail them your complaint? Bet they took immediate action.

I had the perfect trade for Kyle Orton worked out, too. Never heard back from Elway, now it's too late. Those corporate types never listen to brilliance.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 am

The Other One wrote:
I had the perfect trade for Kyle Orton worked out, too. Never heard back from Elway, now it's too late. Those corporate types never listen to brilliance.
They know not what they have missed, the fools.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

I can see Luke's point. My personal pet peeve is that we not only have to watch commercials on TV that we have to pay to see already, we also have stinkin infomercials on most channels in the late night hours. Having to pay to see advertising, or having to see advertising before you're allowed to see or use a product should get us all tax deductions since you know damn well those asses will use the ads as deductions on theirs.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:41 pm

For the doubting Thomases above.

luv2cook wrote:
I can use my debit card HOWEVER I dont really care for the 75 dollar HOLD that the pump puts on my debit card when Ive only bought 40 dollars worth of gas! As a single parent, there are many times where I dont have that extra cushion to be held up for a day or two.

Quote :
Gas Stations That Can Freeze Your Funds

For this reason, it's safer to use a credit card during gas station trips because you'll be charged for the exact amount you spent, making it easier to detect any fraud. Conversely when you use a debit card, your account will show a hold, which can range anywhere between $50 and $75, depending on the station, and can last for days after your visit, according to CBS Moneywatch.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113750/debit-card-dangers-businessinsider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dillon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dillon's   Dillon's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dillon's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Local Discussions-
Jump to: