Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

LifeSharers Organ Donors Network

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Empty
PostSubject: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 am

I have joined the LifeSharers network. I came to learn of LifeSharers.org from a friend who cares about me. I hope you will check it out and join the network too. It's free. It could save your life.

LifeSharers is a non-profit voluntary network of organ donors. Members of the LifeSharers network agree to donate their organs upon their death, and they give fellow members first access to their organs. If you join, you may have access to organs that may not otherwise have been available to you. About 50% of the people who need a transplant die before they get an organ, so joining LifeSharers will improve your odds and may save your life.

By directing their donations first to others who have agreed to donate, LifeSharers members also create an incentive for others to join the network, and therefore help increase the supply of donor organs. That benefits everyone.

For more information, you can check out the LifeSharers internet web site at www.lifesharers.org.

You can also watch a 3-minute movie about LifeSharers at www.impactmovie.com/lifesharers.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 am

You could end up with a much smaller organ.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Justoo wrote:
You could end up with a much smaller organ.

Couldn't get much smaller.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 am

Quote :
LifeSharers members also create an incentive for others to join the network

Seems it might also be an incentive for fellow members to have fatal "accidents".
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm a donor but I would like to believe my organs are going to the person that is in most critical need regardless of whether or not they clicked around in a website. But that's just me Wink
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Well why that is a noble thought, if you do some research about the current state of the donor system dz you will find that is not always the case.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:22 am

I have no doubt. I'm really just saying that I decoded to be a donor because it is the right thing to do in my opinion. My hope continues to be that my organs will be helpful to others long after I an gone. And if it happens to be someone from a network such as this, fine. I just don't think anyone should be overlooked based on a website they never visited.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 am

I still say I can see it coming..... Yah Godfodda we found dat new memba has a very nice livah dat handles alcohol well and weese just da gise dat can get it for ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LifeSharers Organ Donors Network   LifeSharers Organ Donors Network Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LifeSharers Organ Donors Network
Page 1 of 1