Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

New Hampshire vs. the TSA?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Empty
PostSubject: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Great idea... I hope that bill passes.

But we all know that if Dubya was still president, you'd be denouncing these folks as unpatriotic, giving aid and comfort to terrorists, etc. It's funny how Republicans suddenly turn into Libertarians when a Dem is in the whitehouse. But when their own guy is in the whitehouse, they've never met a police power that they didn't like.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Bighead wrote:
It's funny how Republicans suddenly turn into Libertarians when a Dem is in the whitehouse. But when their own guy is in the whitehouse, they've never met a police power that they didn't like.

Ain't that the truth.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Bighead wrote:
Great idea... I hope that bill passes.

But we all know that if Dubya was still president, you'd be denouncing these folks as unpatriotic, giving aid and comfort to terrorists, etc. It's funny how Republicans suddenly turn into Libertarians when a Dem is in the whitehouse. But when their own guy is in the whitehouse, they've never met a police power that they didn't like.

For all I know, Dubya would have stopped those policies from being implemented if his people had the idea. The reality is that I don't know, you don't know and nobody knows. It's the past. We're talking about the present and the future. But if he had started these searches, I would have opposed them, just as I opposed Bush on immigration reform, same sex marriage, marijuana laws and his administration's rampant expansion of entitlements. And I do think that Oblahblah did the right thing by recognizing the states' rights to make their own marijuana laws.

I'm taking my daughter on campus visits over spring break. On the way home, we'll be boarding in Boston, which is an airport with the new technology in some terminals. Hopefully they don't have it in the Southwest terminal. If anyone touches her improperly, I might be staying in Taxachusets longer than planned. If that New Hampshire law was already in effect, I would have made sure that we flew into and out of Manchester.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Would be no need but for PC...

Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:00 pm

EP- bullshit.

Republicans backed the patriot act, and they would've backed these full body scanners had THEIR GUY been in charge when they came out. I don't recall your personal stance on the patriot act, but I assume that you supported it too... seeings how you rarely deviate from that pre-packaged ideology.

nitromaxx98 wrote:

Must be a blue moon again. This probably makes the fourth time I've ever agreed with you.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 am

Bighead wrote:
I assume

Therein lies your problem.

nitromaxx98 wrote:

Must be a blue moon again. This probably makes the fourth time I've ever agreed with you.[/quote]

That makes three of us. Is it December, 2012 already?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 am

EP, I agree that alot of republicans have more libertarian ways of thinking, but why doesn't that reflect in those you put in office? Ron Paul does, but he's the rarity and Ron was originally libertarian. Instead of always voting that "lesser of two evils" vote, why can't you repubs get together and tell your party reps that you don't just want the lesser jackass?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 am

Ratzilla wrote:
EP, I agree that alot of republicans have more libertarian ways of thinking, but why doesn't that reflect in those you put in office? Ron Paul does, but he's the rarity and Ron was originally libertarian. Instead of always voting that "lesser of two evils" vote, why can't you repubs get together and tell your party reps that you don't just want the lesser jackass?

You might want to ask a Republican. I'm a registered Libertarian.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 am

So how long have you been registered libertarian? I've been an independant since I first registered. I considered registering libertarian but was afraid that I'd be labeled as a marijuana voter by far righters or a machine gun psycho by leftists, and knowing how elections tend to go I didn't want to risk battering rams coming through my door because I was registered with a radical party.

And I'm not 100% on the libertarian platform anyways. I agree that immigration laws need to be easier to attain citizenship, but not a complete open door. My ancestors had to relinquish allegiance to the King of Prussia in 1866 to enter the country and got zero handouts on arrival. I expect no less from another.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:28 am

The 1992 Republican Convention debacle really pissed me off. I voted for Perot, then didn't declare a party when I re-registered after we moved into the city limits of Hays in 1993. First registered Libertarian in 2002 when we moved from Russell to Emporia.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 am

I kinda liked Perot too. At least compared to the alternatives. But then he said "tarbaby" in a completely unracial way and having no other way to derail him democrats played the race card.

GASP!!!! EGADS!!!! He said tarbaby. affraid He must be a racist!!!! Sometimes I wish friggin idiots weren't allowed to report news.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I kinda liked Perot too. At least compared to the alternatives. But then he said "tarbaby" in a completely unracial way and having no other way to derail him democrats played the race card.

GASP!!!! EGADS!!!! He said tarbaby. affraid He must be a racist!!!! Sometimes I wish friggin idiots weren't allowed to report news.

Why do you think Sugar Babies were taken off the market?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 am

Didn't figure Sugar Babies were offensive. Though I can see where someone might feel "Black Cow" candy might be a shot at them.

New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Opraheating-1

If anyone liked Black Cow it's being resurrected.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/CandyDotCom/BlackCow/prweb5103724.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Hampshire vs. the TSA?   New Hampshire vs. the TSA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Hampshire vs. the TSA?
Page 1 of 1