Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Worst Halftime Show Ever

Go down 
+5
luv2cook
Bighead
dz724
Ratzilla
The Other One
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Worst Halftime Show Ever Empty
PostSubject: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm

As soon as halftime started I switched to the Ghost Hunters marathon.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:02 am

Fox would have been better off to show a new episode of "In Living Color" during halftime like they did back when they were the renegade network.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:46 am

Quite honestly I'm surprised that a Superbowl in Texas didn't have a country/western themed halftime show, not to mention a big name country girl doing the National Anthem. I still wouldn't have watched the halftime show, but it'd have been more logical.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:59 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Quite honestly I'm surprised that a Superbowl in Texas didn't have a country/western themed halftime show, not to mention a big name country girl doing the National Anthem. I still wouldn't have watched the halftime show, but it'd have been more logical.

I think the halftime was produced by NFL Network. Their logo appeared at the end of it on the stadium big screen. One thing they accomplished: I haven't seen this many negative stories about the halftime since the "wardrobe malfunction" in 2004.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 am

Maybe I'm just naive but I thought that some of the blame for the screechiness from the anthem and Halftime were in part because they were having microphone/ sound problems. I know what lies beneath wasn't great, but it seemed like their microphones were constantly cutting in and out.

Noones said anything of GleeGirls performance if America the beautiful... I thought she did well.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm

dz724 wrote:
Maybe I'm just naive but I thought that some of the blame for the screechiness from the anthem and Halftime were in part because they were having microphone/ sound problems. I know what lies beneath wasn't great, but it seemed like their microphones were constantly cutting in and out.

Noones said anything of GleeGirls performance if America the beautiful... I thought she did well.

There weren't any microphone issues during that song. Maybe the people running the sound board were arguing over whether to just cut the other crap off. And "screechiness" in the sound system doesn't make you forget the words to the only song you're singing. It also doesn't even begin to describe how totally bad the halftime was. The chick in The Black Eyed Peas looks like a man in drag. She sings like it, too. They reminded me of some kind of Monty Python skit. Except Monty Python is entertaining.

A billion and a half dollars for that stadium and they can't get a decent sound system? Hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Sorry, but there's no sound problem here. She just sucks. The look on Mike McCarthy's face is priceless. And even the player behind him catches the screw up.

[youtube]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VgxA3Aus8jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Was anybody else creeped out by Fergie's hairy man-arms?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:43 pm

The Other One wrote:
And I thought I might be the only one who thought it sucked..

Nope that was probably THE worst half-time show Ive ever seen bar none.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

All I can say is that Jerry Jones and the NFL should be proud of themselves for all this. I was quite surprised the crowd didn't boo miss genie in a bottle off stage after she messed up the anthem. The halftime show with the Black Eyed Pea's was atrocious. It almost looked like something the New Kids on the Block would have done.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
The halftime show with the Black Eyed Pea's was atrocious. It almost looked like something the New Kids on the Block would have done.

They looked like customers at the bar in Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
I was quite surprised the crowd didn't boo miss genie in a bottle off stage after she messed up the anthem.

In her defense, I must note that she was probably distracted by having to perform while wearing so many clothes.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

I just want to see a white woman sing like she is one for a change, even if she is stupid. One good description I heard of her rendition and other modern day anthem singers is a wobbly tornado siren.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:22 am

Here is how the National Anthem should be done. Forget the grammy award winning artists...... all they know how to do is scream. These little girls have it figured out.

[youtube]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dROtmQVYcQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:24 am

try again....

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks Luke. I'm so sick of butchered up "ethnic" interpretations. What's truly sad is that the anthem is a song intended to be one song for a nation, but in everyone's attempt to be different they all sound the same and just sound like the same black woman with painful hemmorhoids.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 am

EP dammit, quit screwing up the page before I call you mikecc junior.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:31 am

Update: On Monday, Aguilera explained her gaffe.

"I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," she said. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

She damn well better love this country. It's the only place on earth where she could ever be successful.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 am

Ratzilla wrote:
EP dammit, quit screwing up the page before I call you mikecc junior.

FUK U RATZO!!! i donot think blew dumstrs r the sam thing as perpul dildows if i did u no i wouldnot put them pitchers on hear cuz u no i a christin & i wouldnot do that and u no that i donot aprchiat u saying it is the sam i wud go on but this is givin me a hedack if u donot like that u can shoot me
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 pm

This is "I've Got a Feeling" the way it should be done:

I've Got a Feeling
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

EP your impersonation sounded like a mix of mike and SAC. That'd be a case of disfunctional offspring.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 pm

glad i didn't even bother wasting my time on the super bowl, didn't even know who was playing or when it was played
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:39 pm

zeke wrote:
glad i didn't even bother wasting my time on the super bowl, didn't even know who was playing or when it was played

But I bet you know when the Daytona 500 and the Royal Rumble are.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:56 pm

daytona yes sometime this month not sure what date, usually that is the only nascar race i try to watch. ......as for royal rumble....I never been interested in monster trucks if that is what that is.....
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:58 pm

on a side note I do try to keep up on the local college teams in kansas nebraska, oklahoma and so on.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 pm

The Other One wrote:
zeke wrote:

But I bet you know when the Daytona 500 and the Royal Rumble are.

1/30, 2/20.... lol!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:40 am

zeke wrote:
on a side note I do try to keep up on the local college teams in kansas nebraska, oklahoma and so on.

Really? So who's going to win the Big 12 game on ESPN Monday night?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:24 am

I assume you mean ku- kstate??? I work with a couple of die hard catbackers- they aren't looking forward to Monday. They know their season isn't living up to the hype. But, that fella who was suspend or whatever is cleared to play again- so maybe they will feel more confident today. I personally think it won't matter Smile rock chalk!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 am

dz724 wrote:
I assume you mean ku- kstate???

Hey, you blew it! I was trying to test his statement that he follows state college sports. I wanted to see if he knew who is playing and if he even knows what the Big 12 is. But then I remembered that he's actually on the cover of the current edition of Missouri Fan magazine.

By the way, FHSU came from 21 down last night to beat Truman State, 80-74.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Halftime Show Ever   Worst Halftime Show Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Halftime Show Ever
Page 1 of 1