Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

"Unconstitutional"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:17 am

Excerpt:
A federal judge declared the Obama administration's health care overhaul unconstitutional Monday, siding with 26 states that argued people cannot be required to buy health insurance.

YESSSS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:22 am

I guess I'm not seeing how this will prevent socialized medicine.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am

The biggest thing is the mandate that everyone has to purchase insurance. The Oblahblah people have admitted that without the mandate, the law would be impossible to enact because there would not be sufficient funds. They are arguing that it is a tax (even though during the debate before it was passed, they argued that it wasn't a tax), therefore, the federal government has the right to enforce it. The states are arguing that the administrations orginal position that this is covered under the interstate commerce clause is bogus. The states are right. How can a clause that covers interstate activity apply to insurance that can not be purchased across state lines? And how can a law covering economic activity apply to economic inactivity?

And it's not just "Republican" states that are challenging this debacle. Maine, hardly a bastion of conservatism, has passed a state law nullifying Oblahblahcare and making it a state crime for any federal agent to attempt to enforce it within the state's borders.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am

Ratzilla wrote:

it wont....
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 am

robert wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

it wont....

Unless the Tenth Amendment is repealed, the Supreme Court will have no choice but to side with the states.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 am

lol... cause yeah... were a nation of laws and doin things by the book... and unconstitutional stuff is never allowed in this country.... just remember EP.... in this country... all that glitters is electroplated....
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm

robert wrote:
all that glitters is electroplated....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 pm

robert wrote:
all that glitters is electroplated....

I like that- I'm gonna steal it.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 am

robert wrote:
lol... cause yeah... were a nation of laws and doin things by the book... and unconstitutional stuff is never allowed in this country.... just remember EP.... in this country... all that glitters is electroplated....

Looks like some spoiled brat is throwing a tantrum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Unconstitutional" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unconstitutional"   "Unconstitutional" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Unconstitutional"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Politics-
Jump to: