Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Puppy Palace

Go down 
+3
Justoo
lyric
jorw83
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jorw83

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Anyone know if the Puppy Palace would be a good place to get a puppy? I've been in there a few times to look & I think it seems ok. Just wanted to get more opinions before I purchase.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:00 pm

The best place to get a dog would be the humane society or a rescue. Most puppies in pet stores come from puppy mills and appear healthy when you purchase them but quite often come down sick. Dogs from the local humane society make good pets. They seem to know that they have been given a second chance at life.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 pm

We got ours at the Humane Society. He seems grateful. Puppy Palace 530931
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 pm

lyric wrote:
The best place to get a dog would be the humane society or a rescue. Most puppies in pet stores come from puppy mills and appear healthy when you purchase them but quite often come down sick. Dogs from the local humane society make good pets. They seem to know that they have been given a second chance at life.

How do you know FOR CERTAIN that their dogs come from a puppy mill? Not every pet shop buys their stock from a puppy mill. My ex husbands mother was a kennel inspector for the state and she told me that there were pet stores that were quite reputable and those that werent. The state inspects EVERY pet store and if there is an issue they get shut down. It seems to me if they are still open then they must be ok.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Ours is a rescue too. But we weren't worried as much about papers.
He was just a good fit. If you find a good fit- go for it!
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:15 pm

We got our puppy(a malti-poo) from the Puppy palace over a year ago. He is awesome. Best dog we ever had to train! He was potty trained in about 2 weeks if not shorter than that. We have never had any problems with him. I would recommend them to anyone.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 pm

I don't kow for certain and I never said THEIR puppies come from a puppy mill. All I am saying is dogs from the Humane Society make very good pets, that is of course if you don't want the prestige of registered papers. The only way puppy mills are going to be put out of business is if people quit buying at stores that are supplied by mills. If you have never seen a puppy mill I suggest you google it. It will make you sick. The police records in the paper list animals that are brought in to either the vets or the humane society and several times they are brought in by the State of Kansas from puppy mills. Pathetic that people have to make money raising aminals this way. Have your animals fixed, they make better pets and then you don't make more unwanted pets that have to be put to sleep because the shelter has no room for them.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:22 am

I like the idea of adopting from shelters, but there's sure no way of knowing where they come from in shelters. I adopted a cat from the Humane Society that one of my family took there. It was old and frail and unadoptable by practically anyone else but I put a heat lamp in the garage for her and she got to live another seemingly contented year with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puppy Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Palace   Puppy Palace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Puppy Palace
Page 1 of 1