Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

What Could Be Worse?

Go down 
3 posters

Which of these was/is worse for the City of Cleveland?
LeBron James leaving for the Miami Heat
What Could Be Worse? Poll_left13%What Could Be Worse? Poll_right
 13% [ 1 ]
The Browns leaving for Baltimore, then winning the Super Bowl a few years later
What Could Be Worse? Poll_left0%What Could Be Worse? Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
The Drive
 0% [ 0 ]
The Fumble
 0% [ 0 ]
The Shot
 0% [ 0 ]
Having Dennis Kucinich as mayor
What Could Be Worse? Poll_left13%What Could Be Worse? Poll_right
 13% [ 1 ]
The Drew Carey Show cancelled
What Could Be Worse? Poll_left74%What Could Be Worse? Poll_right
 74% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

What Could Be Worse? Empty
PostSubject: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 am

So LeBron James is leaving his hometown Cavaliers to play for the Miami Heat. He says it's all about winning. He, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh were all offered bigger salaries to play for other teams, but they chose to play together in order to win NBA titles. And oh, by the way, Florida has no state income tax. Of course he didn't mention that. James' largest offers came from the New York Knicks and the New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn) Nets. But the State of New York would take 10% of his earnings. But he's not about the money.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 am

I vote we take LeBron James and drop him in a hole and fill a thousand tons of concrete on top of him. I am so sick of seeing this made out to be a huge news story.

This is exactly why politics and society in general are such a mess. America doesn't care about what we need, or what's important. We elevate some useless dork who can put balls in a hoop to godlike status. Maybe the best thing that could happen would be for this world to be ripped apart and end as some predict in 2012. I'm beyond ashamed of my fellow man's stupidity.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:17 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I vote we take LeBron James and drop him in a hole and fill a thousand tons of concrete on top of him. I am so sick of seeing this made out to be a huge news story.

This is exactly why politics and society in general are such a mess. America doesn't care about what we need, or what's important. We elevate some useless dork who can put balls in a hoop to godlike status. Maybe the best thing that could happen would be for this world to be ripped apart and end as some predict in 2012. I'm beyond ashamed of my fellow man's stupidity.

The "Where will LeBron go?" drama queen show is over. They've already debuted this year's "Will Brett Fravre come back?" drama queen show.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm

I don't mean to offend the sports fans as I sometimes watch a game myself. But the sportscast is where news of sports belongs, not in the headlines.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I don't mean to offend the sports fans as I sometimes watch a game myself. But the sportscast is where news of sports belongs, not in the headlines.

When it involves players who make more money each year than the GDP of Third World countries, it will be in the headlines.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I personally didn't give a crap where he went. But we're not avid NBA fans at our house either. To be honest, we don't watch sports on TV much unless it involves the Chiefs, Royals or Jayhawks.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm

The Other One wrote:

When it involves players who make more money each year than the GDP of Third World countries, it will be in the headlines.

Am I the only one who sees the problem in this? That in itself explains my complaint. When sports has become so all important over everything else that he can be paid that much it shows just how far out of touch with priorities the nation has become. Everything is about celebrity and entertainment instead of useful accomplishment. And it's how we vote for politicians too. Not by their accomplishments, but by which ones put on the best show.

We are the new Rome. And our loss of reality and overfocus on the unimportant will likely cause us to fall as Rome did too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Could Be Worse?   What Could Be Worse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Could Be Worse?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Sports-
Jump to: