Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

A childhood memory has passed.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

A childhood memory has passed. Empty
PostSubject: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Tom Leahy Jr., AKA Major Astro has made his final flight.

Link

A childhood memory has passed. Majorastro90
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:57 pm

A childhood memory has passed. Major+Astro+Card+1

Major Astro.... AWAAAAY
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Major Astro was the high point of a kids day back when TV meant CBS, NBC, and if UHF was clear ABC might come in. Seems like I had to fight with an older sister over the TV sometimes during the Major because I think Perry Mason was on at the same time.

When I finally saw cable TV in color It was like I'd been blind and suddenly could see, but Major Astro kept alot of kids going in the 60's.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm

I never knew his name and for some reason that makes me very sad. "The Host and Rodney" was also a great show. RIP Major Astro. You were truly loved.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Yeah that Rodney was always a funny one! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 am

Yeah, I about forgot about Nightmare with him as The Host, and his sidekick Rodney. Surprising I'd forget that too since I watched every monster/scifi movie I could as a kid. He also played The Host again more recently to advertise a Wichita haunted house.

Several Host and Rodney clips here Enjoy.. Smile
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 am

I don't remember him as The Host, but I enjoyed the clip. He was very good.

Ratzilla wrote:
Yeah, I about forgot about Nightmare with him as The Host, and his sidekick Rodney. Surprising I'd forget that too since I watched every monster/scifi movie I could as a kid. He also played The Host again more recently to advertise a Wichita haunted house.

Several Host and Rodney clips here Enjoy.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeah, he started it in the 50's, but LukeThr and I remember watching him in later years. I'd forgotten about it till Luke mentioned him then the memories came flooding back. If it had anything to do with monsters, outer space, the occult, or ghosts it was watch at all costs for me as a kid.

So far I havn't found the exact dates the shows were on, but I do remember watching him host old horror shows. I'm thinking that either KAKE or KSN showed horror stuff both on the late movie Fridays and maybe on Saturday afternoons for a time in the early to mid 70's.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A childhood memory has passed.   A childhood memory has passed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A childhood memory has passed.
Page 1 of 1