Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Brownback's Competition for the Nomination

Go down 
+2
Ratzilla
The Other One
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Empty
PostSubject: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 am

I heard this lady on the radio on Monday. She is completely nuts.

Joan Heffington for Kansas Governor 2010

Point #2 of her "Goals as Governor":

Require that a Biblical and Constitutional reason exist for the passage of any new laws

The interviewer asked," So how would Jesus feel about mandatory seat belt laws?"

"What's God's opinion of the smoking ban in restaurants?"

She also believes that the CIA is out to get her, has her phones tapped and even implanted microchips in her while she was in the hospital. I was waiting for her to start talking about .her tin foil hat.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:54 pm

The Other One wrote:
"What's God's opinion of the smoking ban in restaurants?"

Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Smoking_nuns

Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Ear0399l
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 pm

I think the nun on the far right was my 4th grade teacher.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I don't think they're Chermin nuns. I don't see any of them with a beer.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Probably a beer bong hidden under the habit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 pm

I don't think I wanna know what old nuns have hidden.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:30 am

Don't think I will be voting for Brownback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:43 am

While I agree that Joan Heffington is a religion nut, and maybe nutty in general, I wonder why you didn't post her ideas on other things EP? A Brownback man are ya? Not that it matters to me. If there's no libertarian running I won't likely vote "the lesser of two evils" nonsense.

Other Heffington ideas that sound pretty sensible (but very unrepublican).

Stop fraud and corruption by overhauling our legal system, electing all judges and creating citizen review boards

Review all complaints against judges, courts, police, schools, etc. & ensure settlement without litigation.

Introduce a justice amendment offering effective assistance of counsel in a civil matter to those who can’t afford it.

Review jail population for false/frivolous charges; if found, charges will be expunged & person released.

Repeal the War Powers Act so that Congress and the people must vote on decisions to go to war.

Support FAIR tax/eliminate property tax for persons 65 & older.

Review all bankruptcy/foreclosures and if fraud is discovered, mortgage is forgiven.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
While I agree that Joan Heffington is a religion nut, and maybe nutty in general, I wonder why you didn't post her ideas on other things EP? A Brownback man are ya? Not that it matters to me. If there's no libertarian running I won't likely vote "the lesser of two evils" nonsense.

Other Heffington ideas that sound pretty sensible (but very unrepublican).

Stop fraud and corruption by overhauling our legal system, electing all judges and creating citizen review boards

Review all complaints against judges, courts, police, schools, etc. & ensure settlement without litigation.

Introduce a justice amendment offering effective assistance of counsel in a civil matter to those who can’t afford it.

Review jail population for false/frivolous charges; if found, charges will be expunged & person released.

Repeal the War Powers Act so that Congress and the people must vote on decisions to go to war.

Support FAIR tax/eliminate property tax for persons 65 & older.

Review all bankruptcy/foreclosures and if fraud is discovered, mortgage is forgiven.

Many of the "ideas" that you cite stem from her contention that she and her organization have been persecuted by the legal system. She sounded a little paranoid in the interview that I heard. As for the War Powers Act, it was created to prevent this life-or-death decision from becoming political. Obviously, it has not worked, considering that the Republicans used the same arguments against Clinton authorizing troops going to Bosnia as the Democrats did against Bush sending troops into Iraq. Seems that it's more political than ever now. However, requiring a national vote would be dangerous. By the time an election was scheduled and carried out, it would likely be too late. The FAIR tax is supported by a lot of Republicans, but not the Republican leadership. Jerry Moran voiced his support for it in Senatorial debate last week. Mike Huckabee has been as outspoken proponent of it. I kind of like Ron Paul's idea better: "Abolish the IRS and replace it with nothing."
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Quote :
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

That there's some real wisdom. I like that.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:38 pm

I had a great reply, but when I went to send it I got "server too busy" so it was all lost. This site does that once in awhile.

But basically I said anyone with a brain should be a little paranoid of government. Not being paranoid is what allowed it to get the way it is.

And I said The War Powers Act could be nothing but political since only politicians and their corporate puppeteers get to decide when we go to war. If we are attacked we can retaliate. But a full invasion of another nation without an immediate threat to the US should be given wider consideration. What do you care anyways? Bush's lies and bungled or fabricated intelligence would have still had public support in the beginning anyways.

And I said I like Ron Paul's idea on abolishing the IRS and replacing it with nothing too. Shame you repubs didn't realize you had the golden boy. Ron Paul wasn't "republican" enough to get the nomination. That tells me that if the GOP says you're a republican worthy of the nomination, you're wrong for the country.

Face it man. The democrat and republican parties as they stand are both wrong for the country. And all I see in the republican political battles right now are arguments over who's the most republican. "He likes Pelosi Vote for me" "No, he's the liberal, vote for me." All any of them want to do is continue the leftist verses rightwinger games no matter the cost to the country.

The best politicians are out there if America would just quit being mesmerized by the clowns in the current political circus and see what else is going on around them.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 am

Until the current electoral process is abolished, it's we the sheeple, and hope what we are fed tastes good.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:58 am

Hard to make manure taste good.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 am

Beatings will continue until moral improves....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brownback's Competition for the Nomination   Brownback's Competition for the Nomination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brownback's Competition for the Nomination
Page 1 of 1