Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Another fine example of government in in-action

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Another fine example of government in in-action Empty
PostSubject: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm

I was reading a forum about the current situation tsunami warning situation in hawaii when I ran across this article. It's no wonder why things are so fouled up, between slow incompetent government and capitalisitc greed, the term "Mongolian Cluster F*ck" seems to apply to everything the governemnt does anymore. Hawaii has had this communications unit since 2007, it cost $700,000.00 and it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up wiped out by the tsunami. Read the article, you'll see what I mean.

Is this the keystone cops or what???

Last edited by LukeTHr on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info to clarify the story)
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:02 pm

You can find thousands of Government spending screw ups like this and the vast majority of them
are from the massive Homeland Security Depratment build up in the years after of 9-11. So where is
the big concern over those Billions of dollars wasted?

Nope just a cherry picked story in a time of a natural disaster and the public will eat it up and cry foul
and decry it as yet another Obama/Democratic failure.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:07 pm

slider wrote:
You can find thousands of Government spending screw ups like this and the vast majority of them
are from the massive Homeland Security Depratment build up in the years after of 9-11. So where is
the big concern over those Billions of dollars wasted?

Nope just a cherry picked story in a time of a natural disaster and the public will eat it up and cry foul
and decry it as yet another Obama/Democratic failure.

U.S. government spending screw-ups started a long time before 2001. Like around....1793.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:12 pm

i didn't put this story on here to point and blame any one party or the other. It is simply an example of typical waste on the part of governements in general
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:18 pm

oh yeah, while I am thinking about , the communications unit the story is about was purchased with Homeland Security funds that are part of the billions that Slider referred to. The article even states that in the second paragraph

[quote]HONOLULU -- A high-tech, state-of-the-art emergency mobile command unit that cost $700,000 has sat idle for 2 1/2 years after it arrived in Hawaii.

KITV found out that most of the vehicle was paid for with federal Homeland Security money. The $700,000, 48-foot-long, 16-foot wide trailer is supposed to be Hawaii's mobile communication command center in the event of a major disaster.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:37 pm

[quote="LukeTHr"]oh yeah, while I am thinking about , the communications unit the story is about was purchased with Homeland Security funds that are part of the billions that Slider referred to. The article even states that in the second paragraph

Quote :
HONOLULU -- A high-tech, state-of-the-art emergency mobile command unit that cost $700,000 has sat idle for 2 1/2 years after it arrived in Hawaii.

KITV found out that most of the vehicle was paid for with federal Homeland Security money. The $700,000, 48-foot-long, 16-foot wide trailer is supposed to be Hawaii's mobile communication command center in the event of a major disaster.

That was my point there Einstein! Billions of wated tax dollars for crap that got pushed through Congress and signed into law by the President all under the guise of beefing up Homeland Security. Where is the outrage over all of that waste? Could of funded health care for the millions of people without. Government incompetence at it's finest!!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:16 pm

slider, you're a piece of work sometimes. Luke never said a damn thing blaming Obama or just democrats for this and neither did EP.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Just practicing to get to the professional level of you mouth breathers!
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 am

Why does everyone in this country think free healthcare should be provided for all by the government????? Where is that stated in the US Constitution?? Slider you can be such a jerk. As far as I'm concerned, there is a lot of waste going to support a lot of lazy slobs that are capable of working but want someone else to do the work while they sit around and make demands, smoke their cigs, drink their beer, have their kids eat free lunches at school all while they sit and piss and moan about what they think the government owes them. The only thing the government should be doing is taking care of defense of the country, making trade agreements that are favorable for THIS country, building and maintaining infrastructure in this country and make sure we aren't poisoning our environment.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 am

LukeTHr wrote:
Why does everyone in this country think free healthcare should be provided for all by the government????? Where is that stated in the US Constitution?? Slider you can be such a jerk. As far as I'm concerned, there is a lot of waste going to support a lot of lazy slobs that are capable of working but want someone else to do the work while they sit around and make demands, smoke their cigs, drink their beer, have their kids eat free lunches at school all while they sit and piss and moan about what they think the government owes them. The only thing the government should be doing is taking care of defense of the country, making trade agreements that are favorable for THIS country, building and maintaining infrastructure in this country and make sure we aren't poisoning our environment.

State run Health Care has worked just fine for Hawaii for four decades. They must be doing something right to make it work for that long.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 am

well, maybe you should move there then. if you don't like what this area offers, go find a better deal, afterall it is a free country.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:33 am

slider wrote:
State run Health Care has worked just fine for Hawaii for four decades. They must be doing something right to make it work for that long.

They don't have cold Winters. Don't know what our typical cold and flu time means to them, but most of my visits to doctors involve cold weather illness.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:30 am

LukeTHr wrote:
well, maybe you should move there then. if you don't like what this area offers, go find a better deal, afterall it is a free country.

Don't have to, I got free "Socialized Medicine" right here where I live, thank you very much!

Another fine example of government in in-action 862468
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Do you feel just being born is enough to get free medical care slider? If someone just doesn't want to work, or illegally crosses the border, do you think they deserve free treatment like you? If so, why should those of us who work and pay taxes support the medical needs of those who don't?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 pm

The problem with "FREE" benefits is they still have tp be paid for somehow, and that falls on the backs of the folks that actually work and produce. As the number of producers declines and the number of "freebie recipients" increases, the system eventually collapses.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Do you feel just being born is enough to get free medical care slider? If someone just doesn't want to work, or illegally crosses the border, do you think they deserve free treatment like you? If so, why should those of us who work and pay taxes support the medical needs of those who don't?

Believe me I paid into the system just like you did and continue to do today ratz. I am simply just a victim of
heredity and genetics, and that my less educated friend I have absolutely no control over. Neither did my
Grandmother, my Father, myself or my youngest Son. It has been passed down at least four generations and it
will continue to be passed down in the future.

Now, if that makes your skin crawl that is your problem. I didn't ask to be put in this situation and to tell you the
God's honest truth really aren't that comfortable with the situation I am in as well. But there isn't anything I can do
to change the facts and circumstances either. So I deal with it and put up with pricks and assholes everyday who
find it their job to critise and belittle my situation just because they are narrow minded, arrogant and prejudiced.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it and go back to your normal routine of being this Forum's resident jerk!

Another fine example of government in in-action 572237
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm

slider you have no place calling anyone less educated you kindergarten reject. If you read my former post real SLOW, or better yet, have an adult read it, you'll see I was not saying you were not willing to work, or an illegal immigrant. I asked you if you thought they should get free medical care "like" you. No wonder nobody likes you. You can't even comprehend a simple sentence.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Ratz, you are so easy to get all a twitter and your panties in a twist

All I got to do is punch a few simple buttons and TADA ... Ratz gets all pissy!

It is hardly a game anymore, but God Damn it sure is fun to watch!

Another fine example of government in in-action 58289
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:40 pm

If you're just pushing buttons slider I might suggest a more intellectual approach. Because everyone reading just thinks you're stupid.

Except EP and nitro. They just think your head is buried too far up Obama's butt to see anything.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Well you mouth breathers have your opinion so I guess your heads are far up
Hannity's, Beck's, Palin's, O'Reilly"s and many other right Wing-Tards.

I didn't vote for the Great Black Hope, and I really don't agree with a lot of his
policies and views. I don't agree with the Republican doughdicks either, they
have their heads up their asses so they are no better.

But with all mouth breathers, they are our only hope to save us .... RIGHT?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:31 pm

slider wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

Sure, slimer. Look at the first sentence in this article, then tell me that it works just fine. Then, if you're capable, read the rest of the article. Better yet, have a third grader with an IQ read it and explain it to you.

Doctors Address Hawaii's Health Care System
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:42 pm

The Other One wrote:

Sure, slimer. Look at the first sentence in this article, then tell me that it works just fine. Then, if you're capable, read the rest of the article. Better yet, have a third grader with an IQ read it and explain it to you.

Doctors Address Hawaii's Health Care System[/quote]

This is an interesting but opposing view Of Hawaii's Health Care, evidently you just like to find the negative articles.
Typical Mouth Breather tactic, doesn't surprise me at all.
Linky Thingy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm

slider wrote:
This is an interesting but opposing view Of Hawaii's Health Care, evidently you just like to find the negative articles.
Typical Mouth Breather tactic, doesn't surprise me at all.
Linky Thingy

The statements in the article that I posted came from the doctors who are in the system. Look at the end of the article. If the doctors leave, there is no more system. That is, unless they recruit less qualified, less skilled, less competent doctors. That would be exactly what I'd want for my wife and kids. Yeah, right.

I guess you're prepared to accept the New York Obama-Times' left-wing biased opinion-based "news" article extolling the virtues of a failed system. Perhaps a little quote from that article would be enlightening, but I doubt it.

Article from paper that has less credibility than Congress wrote:
But perhaps the most intriguing lesson from Hawaii has to do with costs. This is a state where regular milk sells for $8 a gallon, gasoline costs $3.60 a gallon and the median price of a home in 2008 was $624,000

Wouldn't you suspect that a lot of these prices include hidden taxes imposed by the state to cover their grand scheme?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Everything is that the Times prints is in Obama's hip pocket huh?

God you right wingers believe everything that "Faux Noize" spews huh?

Head up your asses "Mouth Breathers" ..... keep on believing the Pablum
Faux is peddling with teh help of the Republican Party Talking Points!!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:08 pm

According to this chart Hawaii had the 5th highest tax burden in the nation in 2008. Some years they were 3rd highest beaten out only by tax gluttons like New York and New Jersey.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/336.html
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:27 pm

slider wrote:
I didn't vote for the Great Black Hope

Another fine example of government in in-action Lol
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:35 am

slider wrote:
Everything is that the Times prints is in Obama's hip pocket huh?

God you right wingers believe everything that "Faux Noize" spews huh?

Head up your asses "Mouth Breathers" ..... keep on believing the Pablum
Faux is peddling with teh help of the Republican Party Talking Points!!

It's too bad you aren't capable of carrying on a debate without all the name calling and actually having a somewhat civil conversation with those that don't agree with everything you say. Using the terms that you do just shows that you march to the tune that Olberman & Maddow play. But of course, they don't have a bias and they only give true and actual facts and would never twist anything to benefit their view.... Another fine example of government in in-action 673577 Another fine example of government in in-action 67544
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 am

Virtually all media is feeding the masses a huge pile of bullshit. And they are eating it up faster than they can shovel it.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

slider wrote:
Virtually all media is feeding the masses a huge pile of bullshit. And they are eating it up faster than they can shovel it.

So you love the taste of Olbermann's ass, huh?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm

The Other One wrote:
slider wrote:

So you love the taste of Olbermann's ass, huh?

Nope, but I can see you have been eating at the altar!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another fine example of government in in-action   Another fine example of government in in-action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another fine example of government in in-action
Page 1 of 1