Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Chico Taco?

Go down 
+9
nitromaxx98
Blackie Kuhn
Degeneration X
The Other One
slickjay12
Ratzilla
slider
Justoo
luv2cook
13 posters
AuthorMessage
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Anyone know anything about this? Its in the little trailer where Sheena's Snocones was on East 6th.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:07 pm

First I heard.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Anyone know anything about this? Its in the little trailer where Sheena's Snocones was on East 6th.
You could call it either "Montezuma's Revenge" or "Dysentary on Wheels"

Makes you wonder how many health inspections are carried out by the State of Kansas
on these rolling "Roach Wagons" sprinkled all over the State?
affraid
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Here puppy, here puppy.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:33 pm

slider wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
You could call it either "Montezuma's Revenge" or "Dysentary on Wheels"

Makes you wonder how many health inspections are carried out by the State of Kansas
on these rolling "Roach Wagons" sprinkled all over the State?
affraid

If you lived in a city with a large hispanic population you would realize that the best food comes from the portable vendors.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 pm

slickjay12 wrote:

If you lived in a city with a large hispanic population you would realize that the best food comes from the portable vendors.

Trust me, I know all about the Taco Wagons that litter the streets of Southwest Kansas and elsewhere in the US.
If you think the best "Mexican Food" comes from a converted Camper or some sort of Bread Delivery Truck? You
must really trust your body can fight off all of the undercooked and food not kept at the proper temperatures, not
to mention all of the under sterilized conditions.

You may choose to roll the dice with your health and quite possibly your life, then by all means have the "Best
Mexican Food in the Country" out of Pedro's rolling Botulism Cantina.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:03 pm

slider wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:

Trust me, I know all about the Taco Wagons that litter the streets of Southwest Kansas and elsewhere in the US.
If you think the best "Mexican Food" comes from a converted Camper or some sort of Bread Delivery Truck? You
must really trust your body can fight off all of the undercooked and food not kept at the proper temperatures, not
to mention all of the under sterilized conditions.

You may choose to roll the dice with your health and quite possibly your life, then by all means have the "Best
Mexican Food in the Country" out of Pedro's rolling Botulism Cantina.
i lived with the Mexican people for about 2 years in Washington State. My family has orchards and we hire the migrant workers. These people and your so called Rolling Cantina is the real mexican food not the stuff from Gutierrez's American Food. And yes I have never got sick from a rolling cantina
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 pm

There is only one Mexican Restaurant in Hays and that is the right North of the Interstate. Gutierrez's is a joke, so are the rest of the so called "Mexican" places in town.

Still doesn't make a "Rolling Roach Wagon" a safe dining option. There is no way that they can meet the State's standards for cleanliness. I'm sorry but rats, mice and insects can all find their way into these absolute excuses for food sales. Especially when their water supply is a "Garden Hose" stretched across a parking lot. I bet they have real water heaters in those delivery trucks to effectively wash and sanitize the equipment they cook their food, not to mention the proper refrigeration equipment to safely store their food stocks in.

Chico Taco? 733732
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:33 pm

slider wrote:
Especially when their water supply is a "Garden Hose" stretched across a parking lot. I bet they have real water heaters in those delivery trucks to effectively wash and sanitize the equipment they cook their food, not to mention the proper refrigeration equipment to safely store their food stocks in.

This link may help
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:37 pm

slider wrote:
There is only one Mexican Restaurant in Hays and that is the right North of the Interstate. Gutierrez's is a joke, so are the rest of the so called "Mexican" places in town.

Still doesn't make a "Rolling Roach Wagon" a safe dining option. There is no way that they can meet the State's standards for cleanliness. I'm sorry but rats, mice and insects can all find their way into these absolute excuses for food sales. Especially when their water supply is a "Garden Hose" stretched across a parking lot. I bet they have real water heaters in those delivery trucks to effectively wash and sanitize the equipment they cook their food, not to mention the proper refrigeration equipment to safely store their food stocks in.

Chico Taco? 733732

the one on the North side is a sister restaurant to San Juan in Russell. They are authenic. And Jaliscos is good too
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 am

slickjay12 wrote:
slider wrote:

Chico Taco? 733732

the one on the North side is a sister restaurant to San Juan in Russell. They are authenic. And Jaliscos is good too

I think Jalisco's is run by the same people who used to have the Mexican restaurant in the building where Discount Liquor is now, next to Long John Silver's. They lease it from Kenny Quan. Jalisco's used to be Quan's Chinese Delight, which was the best Chinese place in Hays. He also owns Western Kansas BBQ in WaKeeney.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 am

The Other One wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:
slider wrote:

Chico Taco? 733732

I think Jalisco's is run by the same people who used to have the Mexican restaurant in the building where Discount Liquor is now, next to Long John Silver's. They lease it from Kenny Quan. Jalisco's used to be Quan's Chinese Delight, which was the best Chinese place in Hays. He also owns Western Kansas BBQ in WaKeeney.

I only ate at Quans once but is agree it was good
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 am

When i first seen the topic i thought maybe it was a new club in Hays to replace the meat market they call the HPC.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:57 am

Degeneration X wrote:
When i first seen the topic i thought maybe it was a new club in Hays to replace the meat market they call the HPC.

I heard a rumor that HPC got busted for employing a 17-year-old shot girl. Any truth to that?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 am

I've eaten at a few rolling mexican dumps in Texas and never got sick.. Good stuff... I trust it more than McD's or Burger King.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
I've eaten at a few rolling mexican dumps in Texas and never got sick.. Good stuff... I trust it more than McD's or Burger King.

Fish taco stands are commonplace along the roads in Puerto Vallarta.

Chico Taco? 2270028011_29381e7aa2
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 am

All Mexican restaurants in hays are 1/2 step above above a luke warm generic Mexican TV dinner.
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:55 am

The Other One wrote:
Degeneration X wrote:

I heard a rumor that HPC got busted for employing a 17-year-old shot girl. Any truth to that?

I haven't heard anything but it really wouldn't surprise me! That place is a dive. I went in there once a few years ago for my cousin's concert and will NEVER go back again!
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:25 pm

bg0308 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Degeneration X wrote:

I haven't heard anything but it really wouldn't surprise me! That place is a dive. I went in there once a few years ago for my cousin's concert and will NEVER go back again!

When i lived in Hays i wouldn't step foot in that place. I would be afraid a little "gift" would jump off on one of those pieces of meat and jump on me.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I didn't know they served food at the HPC?
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 pm

I personally LOVE the food at Jalisco's. Guiterrez is NASTY and I don't consider Carlos O'Kellys a real mexican restaurant. I lump it in with Taco Shop, Taco Grande & Taco Bell
Back to top Go down
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm

taco belle is the best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chico Taco? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chico Taco?   Chico Taco? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chico Taco?
Page 1 of 1