Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Hays High Weight Facility

Go down 
+9
wilkykav2
slickjay12
Justoo
slider
luv2cook
The Other One
lilchefed
nitromaxx98
Blackie Kuhn
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Hays High Weight Facility Empty
PostSubject: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Anyone read about the proposed facility that only benefits a few....kinda like the sports complex I'm paying for. I guess the part that ruffles my feathers is the fact that the Pepsi grant being sought is under the category of education.. If that's education you can kiss my ass...It's all about football. Just another attempt to whitewash the facts and get what they want.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:07 pm

It's like Stossel's golf cart.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm

So, what if it is only about football...which it isn't, can't be...maybe you should say, MOSTLY about football. I am sure only Football players will use it. Actually, I think I saw that they were going to make it where you must have a special key card to get in and those will only be issued to football players. Why else would it cost so much?

Most athletes at Hays High have to go to the Center, Main Street gym, or another gym to work out. Which means that most of them can not work out as a team or even in a group (since they all have to be members of that gym). Just a thought to add.

Oh and I bet Blackie that you are really shelling out on the sports complex BIG TIME!! Let's say you spend $15,000 a year, that's a little less than $300 a week, on sales tax items (which I bet you aren't, unless you are buying a car, maybe you are a big spender, but the demographics of the area, this is about the median), that amounts to $75 going towards the sports complex a year. The average person in Hays is going to spend about $300 on the sports complex. I guess the point is that you are paying for it, but not as much as you'd like to bitch about. I wish the complainers would put a quarter in a jar every time they had a negative statement, I'm betting that jar would have more money in it then they actually spend towards the complex.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Anyone read about the proposed facility that only benefits a few....kinda like the sports complex I'm paying for. I guess the part that ruffles my feathers is the fact that the Pepsi grant being sought is under the category of education.. If that's education you can kiss my ass...It's all about football. Just another attempt to whitewash the facts and get what they want.

If awarded the Pepsi Refresh Everything Grant, Hays High would complete it's fund raising efforts, bid the contracts in the spring and begin building in June of 2010. The structure would be completed by the beginning of school in September 2010. Hays High School would fill the facility with over 200 students every day and be open before and after school to middle school students. All Hays elementary students would be invited to attend clinics and workshops emphasizing health and phyiscal fitness.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 pm

So.....

Hays High has no weight room? interesting...

Felten has a before school weights program. Kids can go lift before school, shower, and go right to class without need of a ride between facilities. Don't know about Kennedy.

I just find it very strange that there is plenty of public funding for sports, that a few will VOLUNTARILY use while there is NO funding for driver's ed that ALL ARE REQUIRED to have.

interesting...
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:13 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

Felten has a before school weights program. Kids can go lift before school, shower, and go right to class without need of a ride between facilities. Don't know about Kennedy.

I just find it very strange that there is plenty of public funding for sports, that a few will VOLUNTARILY use while there is NO funding for driver's ed that ALL ARE REQUIRED to have.

interesting...

Since when was a grant from PepsiCo considered public funds?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 pm

First of all people its NOT just for the football players. ANY kid thats in ANY sport has been using that tiny little room for zero hour and they are having to use the hallways too. And this number is hardly a few. There are a ton of kids. This kind of stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest because it's totally private funded. If you aren't being asked to shell out money to fund the building of it I don't think you have the right to bitch about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwYZZFOwQM&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

Hays High has a weight room, I used to have to clean it when I was a Janitor for USD 489 when the new High School was built. It simply isn't big enough according to the Athletic Department and they have to do conditioning drills out in the hallway because of a lack of space. BOO HOO!!!!! How about scheduling time to accomodate all of those who use it. Wouldn't be any different than any public facility. They are educated and those Coaches and Athletic Directors should be able to manage that kind of schedule. I could be wrong and they could just be incompetant or just plain lazy.

Yeah, lets pay a coach an obscene amount of money, have no teaching responsibility other than coaching Football and let other programs suffer because the Booster Club and a few Parents living vicariouly through their children that want to be a Smith Center Junior football clone.

It's complete bull$hit regardless if they are trying to raise "private funds" to build this new addition. Are the public donors going to continue to donate funds for upkeep, utilities and staff for this white elephant. No that will fall back to the taxpayers and even more $$$$ will be diverted from other programs to pay for the Football Program which does not bring any $$$$ back to the High School.

A complete farce just like the "Soccer Complex" that was started by a "Private/Public Group" who it is now known knew absolutely nothing about how much their folly would cost. Just a small $4,000,000.00 oversight between what was promised through their bull$hit proposal and what it will actually cost the taxpayers.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm

slider wrote:
Hays High has a weight room, I used to have to clean it when I was a Janitor for USD 489 when the new High School was built. It simply isn't big enough according to the Athletic Department and they have to do conditioning drills out in the hallway because of a lack of space. BOO HOO!!!!!

Yeah, lets pay a coach an obscene amount of money, have no teaching responsibility other than coaching Football and let other programs suffer because the Booster Club and a few Parents living vicariouly through their children that want to be a Smith Center Junior football clone.

It's complete bull$hit regardless if they are trying to raise "private funds" to build this new addition. Are the public donors going to continue to donate funds for upkeep, utilities and staff for this white elephant. No that will fall back to the taxpayers and even more $$$$ will be diverted from other programs to pay for the Football Program which does not bring any $$$$ back to the High School.

A complete farce just like the "Soccer Complex" that was started by a "Private/Public Group" who it is now known knew absolutely nothing about how much their folly would cost. Just a small $4,000,000.00 oversight between what was promised through their bull$hit proposal and what it will actually cost the taxpayers.

As usual, slimer is a ray of sunshine.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 pm

luv2cook wrote:
First of all people its NOT just for the football players. ANY kid thats in ANY sport has been using that tiny little room for zero hour and they are having to use the hallways too. And this number is hardly a few. There are a ton of kids. This kind of stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest because it's totally private funded. If you aren't being asked to shell out money to fund the building of it I don't think you have the right to bitch about it.

BOO HOO HOO! Why don't they use the Gyms for their conditiioning like we had to back at good old Hays High. That what the SOB's were designed for, use them and quit bitching about lack of space.
Hays High Weight Facility 987844
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:54 pm

slider wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

BOO HOO HOO! Why don't they use the Gyms for their conditiioning like we had to back at good old Hays High. That what the SOB's were designed for, use them and quit bitching about lack of space.

For the FIRST time, I agree.

I could do the exercises depicted in the video in my hall closet with a gallon jug full of sand.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:

I could do the exercises depicted in the video in my hall closet with a gallon jug full of sand.

That ain't sand in that gallon jug and you know it. Hays High Weight Facility 364910
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 pm

The Other One wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

Since when was a grant from PepsiCo considered public funds?

Is PepsiCo gonna pay the energy bill and staffing costs?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 pm

slider wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

So what? If they get the grant and you don't like it, then why don't you boycott all PepsiCo products to make your point. Just be aware that boycotting PepsiCo would include all Pepsi soft drink products including Tropicana juices, Gatorade, Aquafina, all Frito-Lay products, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silver's, A&W Restaurants and Quaker Oats. Then you can be sure that you're not paying for it.

Again, you're acting like Dana Carvey's "Crabby Old Man."
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm

i don't drink Pepsi anymore because they sponsor Jeffy "Buttboy" Gordon
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 pm

By the way, slimer, use of the gym in that volume would result in damage to the floor that would have to be repaired at taxpayer expense in order to use them for competitive sports. It would also undoubtedly lead to avoidable injuries, and although athletes are required to have their own insurance, you might end up with 17-year-olds legally taking your parking spots.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:26 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
i don't drink Pepsi anymore because they sponsor Jeffy "Buttboy" Gordon

I don't drink Pepsi because it sucks.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm

slider wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

When do you suggest they do that? They have 2 gyms and in the fall both are used for Volleyball practice and in the winter both are used for basketball practice. So you see its not see easy.

Nitro you must have a huge closet because there's a whole lot of lap running going on as well.

And The Other One is right, the gym floor would be torn up in nothing flat.

Supposedly they arent going to add personnel.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 am

luv2cook wrote:
Nitro you must have a huge closet because there's a whole lot of lap running going on as well.

The previous resident had a lot of skeletons in it.

Last edited by The Other One on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cream soda)
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am

The Other One wrote:
use of the gym in that volume would result in damage to the floor that would have to be repaired at taxpayer expense in order to use them for competitive sports

Only if the golf team practices in spikes.

The Other One wrote:
It would also undoubtedly lead to avoidable injuries.

Because the room is too big?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

NO funding for driver's ed that ALL ARE REQUIRED to have????????The kids have to take drivers ed??To get their liscences or what??That's usually a choice-I can teach my kid to drive scratch
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
use of the gym in that volume would result in damage to the floor that would have to be repaired at taxpayer expense in order to use them for competitive sports

Or when the finish was torn off due to excess traffic.

nitromaxx98 wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Because they would be playing basketball or volleyball on an unsafe surface.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am

luv2cook wrote:
slider wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

When do you suggest they do that? They have 2 gyms and in the fall both are used for Volleyball practice and in the winter both are used for basketball practice. So you see its not see easy.

And The Other One is right, the gym floor would be torn up in nothing flat.

So, there are NO P.E. classes during school?

Supposedly they arent going to add personnel.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:36 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

NO funding for driver's ed that ALL ARE REQUIRED to have????????The kids have to take drivers ed??To get their liscences or what??That's usually a choice-I can teach my kid to drive scratch

Yeah, it's not required, and it's a small investment compared to the increased insurance premiums if they don't have it.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 am

nitro, PE classes are a relatively small number of kids in a closely controlled environment. Not so during Zero Hour.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:45 am

The Other One wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Or when the finish was torn off due to excess traffic.

nitromaxx98 wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Because they would be playing basketball or volleyball on an unsafe surface.

Let me guess. You're the kinda guy with the pretty seashell soaps on the toilet tank that nobody can use. It's a gym, dude.

As far as an unsafe surface, what about plenty of money for PLAYING sports, but no money for drivers ed?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 am

The Other One wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

Yeah, it's not required, and it's a small investment compared to the increased insurance premiums if they don't have it.

At 15 YES!!!

LINK
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:56 am

The Other One wrote:
By the way, slimer, use of the gym in that volume would result in damage to the floor that would have to be repaired at taxpayer expense in order to use them for competitive sports. It would also undoubtedly lead to avoidable injuries, and although athletes are required to have their own insurance, you might end up with 17-year-olds legally taking your parking spots.

Once again yet another juvenile crack about my disabled status, for Christ's sake grow up an act like an Adult!

Those gym floors can take the abuse, obviously you have never finished them. We finished them when they were put down when it was built.
They are rated to last up to 10 to 15 years before needing refinishing. Give me a break that they won't hold up, grabbing at straws to con people
into believing anything to justify the new weight room.

Now the wax on the tile floors will have to be redone yearly, those have to be stripped, resealed and then several coats of wax applied and buffed.
We did all of those floors as well when the building was new and ever summer we refinished them.

Lets just make $hit up to justify a facility that isn't needed and will in the end cost the District money because the private donors/sports boosters
lowballed the cost of the equipment or the extra upkeep and utilities that it will need.

Last edited by slider on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

At 15 YES!!!

LINK

But it's not required at 16 to get the unrestricted license.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:01 am

The Other One wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
So.....

interesting...

At 15 YES!!!

LINK

But it's not required at 16 to get the unrestricted license.

read again
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 am

It's not required at either 16 or 17. The only time it is required is for the restricted license at 15. However, those 15 year olds who opt out of driver's ed can still have an instructional permit, which requires a licensed driver, age 18 or older, to be in the front seat with them at all times.

Now you reread it.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 am

lilchefed wrote:
So, what if it is only about football...which it isn't, can't be...maybe you should say, MOSTLY about football. I am sure only Football players will use it. Actually, I think I saw that they were going to make it where you must have a special key card to get in and those will only be issued to football players. Why else would it cost so much?

Oh and I bet Blackie that you are really shelling out on the sports complex BIG TIME!! Let's say you spend $15,000 a year, that's a little less than $300 a week, on sales tax items (which I bet you aren't, unless you are buying a car, maybe you are a big spender, but the demographics of the area, this is about the median), that amounts to $75 going towards the sports complex a year. The average person in Hays is going to spend about $300 on the sports complex. I guess the point is that you are paying for it, but not as much as you'd like to bitch about. I wish the complainers would put a quarter in a jar every time they had a negative statement, I'm betting that jar would have more money in it then they actually spend towards the complex.

The "complainers" are grousing about being forced to involuntarily pay for this and your suggestion for solution is for them to instead voluntarily pay?

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 am

robert wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

The "complainers" are grousing about being forced to involuntarily pay for this and your suggestion for solution is for them to instead voluntarily pay?

lol!

He said put a quarter in a jar. Nowhere did he say to use as payment for anything. You're making things up again, bobby. Or is it the hallucinogens making you do it?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:31 am

Bet push mowing the football field, throwing bales, bags of cement, or maybe using a couple 5 gallon buckets of water for dumbells and running up and down stairs with them would toughen them boys up at a fraction of the price.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:33 am

The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

lol!

He said put a quarter in a jar. Nowhere did he say to use as payment for anything. You're making things up again, bobby. Or is it the hallucinogens making you do it?

"I'm betting that jar would have more money in it then they actually spend towards the complex"

actually just presumed that to be the intention since that seems to be the underlying wish of the poster. maybe they will skim the "negative thought penalty jar". i'm sure some of that is gonna happen no matter where the money comes from. yes making things up... whatever EP, whatever.... sigh... i pray to whatever gods are out there to someday strike you "kind"...
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 am

robert wrote:
The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:
lilchefed wrote:

lol!

"I'm betting that jar would have more money in it then they actually spend towards the complex"

actually just presumed that to be the intention since that seems to be the underlying wish of the poster. maybe they will skim the "negative thought penalty jar". i'm sure some of that is gonna happen no matter where the money comes from. yes making things up... whatever EP, whatever.... sigh... i pray to whatever gods are out there to someday strike you "kind"...

Yeah, right. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 am

I'm glad to see the response to my topic! I did it to increase traffic here and expose the bullshit that's put out there to believe one thing and get another. I really believe that money would be better spent on REAL education programs and not sports. The commentary on the HDN site was good reading<for once> and insightful. I don't mean to hurt feelings but tough shit if I do!!!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm

slider wrote:

Those gym floors can take the abuse, obviously you have never finished them. We finished them when they were put down when it was built.
They are rated to last up to 10 to 15 years before needing refinishing. Give me a break that they won't hold up, grabbing at straws to con people

Funny, I worked for a school district in Dickinson County for 6 years and we stripped and re-waxed our gym floors every single year and that school didnt have a quarter of the kids HHS does.. I know this because was just me and another gal that did it. Its a shit job in the middle of the summer, especially if your gym isnt air-conditioned.

Like I said earlier, if this was being funded by taxes I'd be less hesitant to support it, but if they want to pay for the damn thing themselves then I say more power to em.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Asking for money from Pepsi under false pretenses is hardly paying for it themselves.Other wise I would say the effort is admirable.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm

luv2cook wrote:
slider wrote:

Funny, I worked for a school district in Dickinson County for 6 years and we stripped and re-waxed our gym floors every single year and that school didnt have a quarter of the kids HHS does.. I know this because was just me and another gal that did it. Its a shit job in the middle of the summer, especially if your gym isnt air-conditioned.

Like I said earlier, if this was being funded by taxes I'd be less hesitant to support it, but if they want to pay for the damn thing themselves then I say more power to em.

I'm calling BS on that one. You stripped the finish off of your Gym floors every year? Totally stripped the finish off to the wood, then restriped them for the Basketball and Volleyball Regualtion Courts, then resealed them then put all of the layers of Urethane and buffed them with floor polishers in between coats of Urethane on the Wooden Gym Floors every summer?

You are so full of crap it isn't even funny. You do not wax Gym Floors, you wax tile floors.

Once again it is the "well I did this and I know better than you" mentality of the losers on this lame assed Forum.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm

slider you are being warned. If you dont like it here, LEAVE! If you hate this lame assed forum so much why the hell do you continue to post here?? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Asking for money from Pepsi under false pretenses is hardly paying for it themselves.Other wise I would say the effort is admirable.

How is this false pretense? Because YOU say that it isn't needed? Plus, they had to apply and get accepted. Not all that apply get to the voting stage.

I vote 3 times a day (3 different email addresses) for it. I would love for them to get it, as I don't have any money to give them but want to support it.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 pm

I don't know if everyone is talking about the same thing when they talk about redoing the floors. I know HRC get's theirs done yearly, but I bet is more of this screened and recoating that I've been reading about and they talk about here (not a complete stripping):

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/flooring/what-makes-sports-flooring-different.htm/printable

Quote :
Manufacturers and installers of sports floors recommend that they be screened and recoated once a year to help the surface perform like it should.

Either way, there is a good amount of yearly maintenance that has to be done.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:51 pm

slider wrote:
luv2cook wrote:
slider wrote:

I'm calling BS on that one. You stripped the finish off of your Gym floors every year? Totally stripped the finish off to the wood, then restriped them for the Basketball and Volleyball Regualtion Courts, then resealed them then put all of the layers of Urethane and buffed them with floor polishers in between coats of Urethane on the Wooden Gym Floors every summer?

You are so full of crap it isn't even funny. You do not wax Gym Floors, you wax tile floors.

Once again it is the "well I did this and I know better than you" mentality of the losers on this lame assed Forum.

Both right
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:57 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
slider you are being warned. If you dont like it here, LEAVE!
If you hate this lame assed forum so much why the hell do you continue to post here??
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Now that is the reaction I was looking for! Just trying to get the numbers up and by God it seems
to be pushing all the right buttons on all the right people!

Hays High Weight Facility 862468 A big "Thank You Slider" would be greatly appreciated for doing my part. Hays High Weight Facility 862468

It is really funny how the same users get their panties in a big twist when I get all cranky and bitchy.
It really is a damn hoot feeding the trolls.

The only exception is all of the personal attacks about my "Disabilty" and my use of "Placards"
It is simply amazing how far you let people go with those attacks. I bet if the shoe would be on
the it would be totally different, but let the trolls make fun of and berate a handicapped person.
Evidently it makes ther little peckers get stiff and squirt to do it by the amount fo attacks, cheap
gratification I would suspect.

But then again, its all fun and games until somebodies little itty bitty feelings get hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:39 pm

If you weren't so crude you might be a little humorous.

If you think the numbers are up because of your posts, we could put up a poll and find out. Or would that hurt your feelings if you were wrong?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Justoo wrote:
If you weren't so crude you might be a little humorous.

If you think the numbers are up because of your posts, we could put up a poll and find out. Or would that hurt your feelings if you were wrong?

Hays High Weight Facility 673577 Hays High Weight Facility 673577 Hays High Weight Facility 673577 Hays High Weight Facility 673577 God are you are so gullable Hays High Weight Facility 673577 Hays High Weight Facility 673577 Hays High Weight Facility 673577 Hays High Weight Facility 673577
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Not really. And I can spell.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:30 pm

First of all - I will thank you for nothing.
Second of all - you have no right to say a word about personal attacks. You are one of the people that verbally attacks people.
Third - Your not the only one that deals with a disability here, but you are the first to bring your disability to light at any chance possible. None of us would even know about it if you wouldn't have announced it as many times as you have.

You have not hurt my feelings in any way shape or form. In fact I could really care less what you think. I was simply stating that if you hate it SOOOO much here, you can leave. The only reason I haven't removed you permanently is because some people enjoy bickering with you.

Don't flatter yourself. I am not too worried about you, your opinions, etc. I have many many many other things in my life that rank WAY above you.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:41 pm

nobodysbusiness wrote:
First of all - I will thank you for nothing.
Second of all - you have no right to say a word about personal attacks. You are one of the people that verbally attacks people.
Third - Your not the only one that deals with a disability here, but you are the first to bring your disability to light at any chance possible. None of us would even know about it if you wouldn't have announced it as many times as you have.

You have not hurt my feelings in any way shape or form. In fact I could really care less what you think. I was simply stating that if you hate it SOOOO much here, you can leave. The only reason I haven't removed you permanently is because some people enjoy bickering with you.

Don't flatter yourself. I am not too worried about you, your opinions, etc. I have many many many other things in my life that rank WAY above you.

Dang, what floor button did I push on that Elevator? Hays High Weight Facility 58289

Bickering with the trolls, I like that one but it is so much fun to do.
I'm glad they enjoy it, I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. Cheers!

Hays High Weight Facility 364910
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hays High Weight Facility   Hays High Weight Facility Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hays High Weight Facility
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next