Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

How about the Saints!

Go down 
+4
Justoo
Ratzilla
The Other One
Blackie Kuhn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

How about the Saints! Empty
PostSubject: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Great game! Anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:48 am

Excellent coaching job by Sean Payton. Excellent execution by the Saints offense, defense and especially the kickoff team. Besides the onside kick, pinning the Colts deep a couple of times was key in keeping the Indy score down.

Although I thought the Colts would probably win, I really didn't care, and I'm very happy that Drew Brees won a Super Bowl while that little bitch Phillip Rivers is sitting at home with his boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:24 am

I watched it and thought New Orleans played an excellent game. I was hoping they'd win. Partly because of New Orleans troubles in recent times, partly because they never won it before, and partly because I was tired of seeing the opposing quarterback on TV.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 am

It makes me very happy.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I watched it and thought New Orleans played an excellent game. I was hoping they'd win. Partly because of New Orleans troubles in recent times, partly because they never won it before, and partly because I was tired of seeing the opposing quarterback on TV.

Peyton will still be there. He was the league's MVP this year for a record fourth time. If you have DirecTV, he'll be on their commercials every time there's a local break for the cable companies. I'd rather see him than his dorky brother.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 pm

What version of the game where you watching? Payton Manning didn't win the MVP award, Drew Brees did. Besides, when the game was over,Payton just walked off of the field without congratulating anyone. Poor sportsmanship if you ask me. Way to go Saints!!!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 am

crutch51 wrote:
What version of the game where you watching? Payton Manning didn't win the MVP award, Drew Brees did. Besides, when the game was over,Payton just walked off of the field without congratulating anyone. Poor sportsmanship if you ask me. Way to go Saints!!!

The Other One wrote:
Peyton will still be there. He was the league's MVP this year for a record fourth time.

I was watching the same game that everyone else was. I was also not talking about the Super Bowl MVP, as you could clearly see if you were capable of reading and comprehending my post. Peyton (not Payton) Manning has essentially replaced Tom Brady as the face of the NFL to people around the world who have only a passing interest (no pun intended) in American football. Unless you count the league's leading drama queen, Brett Favre.

Or did you mean Sean Payton?

As for not shaking hands, my reaction was, "So what?" The Saints were herded like cattle to the trophy presentation immediately after the game was over. It was their moment of glory and Manning knew that. They didn't need him to validate their championship. Additionally, there were reporters trying to get to Manning, who probably didn't feel like answering their stupid questions at that moment. I noticed that certain individuals on ESPN were making a big deal out of this today. They also didn't mention that Manning and Brees are good friends, who probably talked later in private. Neither did they mention that Manning bought tons and tons of food and supplies, then chartered planes to have them delivered to New Orleans after Katrina. The Saints are his hometown team, for Chrissakes, and the team that his dad quarterbacked when he was a kid. So just because they didn't make a public display of affection doesn't mean that congratulations weren't offered.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:12 am

Here is a good article about manning leaving the field after the game. I watched the press conference after, where the quote came from. I think he meant well and not being disrespectful. And it says he called Brees later.

Quote :
"I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won. There's not much consolation for the guys who didn't win. There's the stage being set up and the celebration. It's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field."
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:42 am

lilchefed wrote:
Here is a good article about manning leaving the field after the game. I watched the press conference after, where the quote came from. I think he meant well and not being disrespectful. And it says he called Brees later.

Quote :
"I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won. There's not much consolation for the guys who didn't win. There's the stage being set up and the celebration. It's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field."

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 am

Manning probably walked off the field without congrats to the winners because he knew his screwed up pass right into their hands lost the game. It's gotta be tough to keep playing when you know you just threw the game to the opposition. He probably wished he could have crawled away and hid long before the game was over.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:57 am

ah football... not just brutal physically but emotionally as well... wonder what the overall harm is in terms of human tragedy as a result of loss?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Manning probably walked off the field without congrats to the winners because he knew his screwed up pass right into their hands lost the game. It's gotta be tough to keep playing when you know you just threw the game to the opposition. He probably wished he could have crawled away and hid long before the game was over.

Doubtful. He was probably trying to figure out how they could come back before Porter ever made it to the end zone.

For example, in Week 10, the Colts were trailing New England by 17 points in the fourth quarter. They won the game by 1 on a Manning TD pass with 16 seconds left.

Why can't you just take him at face value? He's not a politician.

Actually, I think Manning sucks. They should trade him for Kyle Orton.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 am

robert wrote:
ah football... not just brutal physically but emotionally as well... wonder what the overall harm is in terms of human tragedy as a result of loss?

I'm sure a few Colts faithful "bet the farm," either in Vegas or with some other less reputable sports book, resulting in potential homelessness.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 am

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Doubtful. He was probably trying to figure out how they could come back before Porter ever made it to the end zone.

For example, in Week 10, the Colts were trailing New England by 17 points in the fourth quarter. They won the game by 1 on a Manning TD pass with 16 seconds left.

Why can't you just take him at face value? He's not a politician.

Actually, I think Manning sucks. They should trade him for Kyle Orton.

I am taking him at face value. He had "Man I screwed that up" written all over his face after that play. Gaining enough points that late in the game is not an everyday occurance.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 am

The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

I'm sure a few Colts faithful "bet the farm," either in Vegas or with some other less reputable sports book, resulting in potential homelessness.

i started thinking about all of the crime associated with sports and realized quite quickly there is a potentially huge dollar amount on it. that'd be a monumental undertaking tho'. long term effects on cost are very difficult to garner.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:37 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Gaining enough points that late in the game is not an everyday occurance.

Actually, it's not that uncommon in sports.

Check out #10 on this list.

Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 am

Or this one...

Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:40 am

guy drinks too much (cha ching! for beer people who sponsor game)
team loses
drinks more (cha ching! for beer people who sponsor game)
leaves bar
gets dui (cha ching! court costs and LEO)
wife bails him out (cha ching!)
bitches him out
he loses temper and beats her (cha ching! court cost, LEO, ER room, Family counseling and SRS)
more ER visits for her(cha ching! ER Room
eventually they divorce(cha ching! Court cost SRS)
one child grows up raised by system and cycle starts over (cha ching!)

thats a lot of money for one man and one game and we all know it will happen at least once in a population of 300 + million people.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:44 am

robert wrote:
team loses
leaves bar
bitches him out
he loses temper and beats her (cha ching! court cost, LEO, ER room, Family counseling and SRS)

thats a lot of money for one man and one game and we all know it will happen at least once in a population of 300 + million people.

The problem is the people behaving like that, not the game.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 am

If it's so common, why didn't it happen EP? I'm not a sports nut that watches every game, but the times I've seen a team rally in the final minutes of the last quarter and gain that much is not very big in comparison to the times they havn't.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:57 am

The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:
team loses
leaves bar
bitches him out

but the game is the causal link. quite a bit of money is spent to create the inflated hype around the game. in that attempt to evoke strong emotion for profits strength the corporatist have played and preyed upon humans emotional weakness to succumb to easy influence. and they do this willingly. they admit it. they have "focus groups" to discern which of their "ploys" works best. its a curious aside at any rate. just the cost of the game day DUI's is staggering i'd bet (heh heh more gambling?)
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:02 am

robert wrote:
The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:
team loses
leaves bar
bitches him out

but the game is the causal link. quite a bit of money is spent to create the inflated hype around the game. in that attempt to evoke strong emotion for profits strength the corporatist have played and preyed upon humans emotional weakness to succumb to easy influence. and they do this willingly. they admit it. they have "focus groups" to discern which of their "ploys" works best. its a curious aside at any rate. just the cost of the game day DUI's is staggering i'd bet (heh heh more gambling?)

Yes, it's gambling, but the big problem is that they're gambling that they won't kill an innocent person. Losing that gamble is the real tragedy. The fines involved in getting a DUI pale in comparison. And the game doesn't force dumbasses to drink in excess or drive afterwards. I suspect that they do it with or without the game.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:44 pm

The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

the Colts loss cost me 1 grand
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 am

slickjay12 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

Seriously? Is that a thousand dollars or a Pillsbury Grand biscuit?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:09 am

The Other One wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

Seriously? Is that a thousand dollars or a Pillsbury Grand biscuit?
1,000 bills aka greenbacks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about the Saints!   How about the Saints! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about the Saints!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Sports-
Jump to: