Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"

Go down 
+3
nitromaxx98
slider
The Other One
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Empty
PostSubject: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Yes, those are the words of the president, last night at the Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Washington. After listing his administration's accomplishments and vowing that "our most urgent task is job creation," Obama pledged to keep fighting for a national health care system. "We knew this was hard," Obama said. And then he described a letter he received from a campaign worker who suffered from breast cancer and has since died:

I got a letter -- I got a note today from one of my staff -- they forwarded it to me -- from a woman in St. Louis who had been part of our campaign, very active, who had passed away from breast cancer. She didn't have insurance. She couldn't afford it, so she had put off having the kind of exams that she needed. And she had fought a tough battle for four years. All through the campaign she was fighting it, but finally she succumbed to it. And she insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt."

Many observers have noted that the president often seems extraordinarily self-referential. It's all about him, they say. But even those critics might be a little taken aback by the "buried in an Obama t-shirt" remark. Is it really that much about him?

Others ask how some of Obama's statements would have been covered had George W. Bush made them -- for example, if Bush had pronounced "corpsman" as "corpse-man" (as Obama did twice at the National Prayer Breakfast). Had Bush mispronounced the word so badly -- and he did say some weird things -- it's likely many commentators would have rushed to fit it into their Bush-is-stupid narrative. Now, it's Obama who's sounding strange. And even putting aside the "corpsman" gaffe, what does the president's telling of the "buried in an Obama t-shirt" anecdote tell us about him? (By the way, this is not about the woman and her choice -- people do all sorts of things, and we respect the decisions they make -- but about the president's choosing to tell the story himself.)

You can see that the crowd laughed after the "t-shirt" comment -- perhaps because they thought it was funny or perhaps because it made them a bit uneasy. In any event, Obama was serious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Laura Ingraham

BO "Corpse Man" Video

Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 pm

You obviously haven't been listening to or watching your heroes, Beck, Ingram, Limbaugh, Hannity or the other blathering idiots then, They have been on a virtual meltdown on three words since that speech.

At least the ordained one isn't doing it every other word like curious george the chimp in every one of his speeches. I have known individuals that are afflicted with Downs Syndrome speak more clearly then George W. Bush did ....... obviously his IVY League ed-u-ma-ca-tion didn't teach him to orate properly. Clearly a waste of his Daddy's money!!!
Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 987844
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:05 pm

slider wrote:
I have known individuals that are afflicted with Downs Syndrome speak more clearly then George W. Bush did

Obviously after you took their spot at the supermarket...

QUACK
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:26 am

slider wrote:
You obviously haven't been listening to or watching your heroes, Beck, Ingram, Limbaugh, Hannity or the other blathering idiots then, They have been on a virtual meltdown on three words since that speech.

At least the ordained one isn't doing it every other word like curious george the chimp in every one of his speeches. I have known individuals that are afflicted with Downs Syndrome speak more clearly then George W. Bush did ....... obviously his IVY League ed-u-ma-ca-tion didn't teach him to orate properly. Clearly a waste of his Daddy's money!!!

Bush actually has an MBA from Harvard. The smartest man who ever ran for president before BO, Al Gore, flunked out of school twice. First journalism school, then divinity school. That's right, Gore flunked God. And what would be the reason for BO's refusal to release his college transcripts? Could it be that his grades aren't what worshippers like you might expect from The Annointed One? Or perhaps he's been using an "enhanced" resume? But you're right. Bush is a terrible public speaker. So was Einstein.

slider wrote:
Ingram

Are you talking about Laura Ingraham? Maybe you should learn to spell before you disparage the mentally challenged, especially when her name is right there as the author of the article. You could have copied it. I know high school drop-outs who spell better than you. You are clearly a waste of oxygen.

And by the way, it's Down Syndrome. No "s."
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:32 am

No other person is closer to Obama's colon than slider.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:43 am

The Other One wrote:
Bush is a terrible public speaker. So was Einstein.

Oh wow man, that comparison lost you points. From what I see, those who reflect on Bush and his MBA seem to vary in opinion according to their own political views. Though none of them saw Bush as the model student. He graduated in the lower 10% of his class which means he may have been a C&D student.

But one of Bush's professors paints a picture of Bush as smart, but of poor moral character.
Quote :
Yoshi Tsurumi stated that "He showed pathological lying habits and was in denial when challenged on his prejudices and biases. He would even deny saying something he just said 30 seconds ago. He was famous for that. Students jumped on him; I challenged him." When asked to explain a particular comment, said Tsurumi, Bush would respond, "Oh, I never said that."

Students who challenged and embarrassed Bush in class would then become the subject of a whispering campaign by him, Tsurumi said. "In class, he couldn't challenge them. But after class, he sometimes came up to me in the hallway and started bad-mouthing those students who had challenged him. He would complain that someone was drinking too much. It was innuendo and lies. So that's how I knew, behind his smile and his smirk, that he was a very insecure, cunning and vengeful guy."

Many of Tsurumi's students came from well-connected or wealthy families, but good manners prevented them from boasting about it, the professor said. But Bush seemed unabashed about the connections that had brought him to Harvard. "The other children of the rich and famous were at least well bred to the point of realizing universal values and standards of behavior," Tsurumi said. But Bush sometimes came late to class and often sat in the back row of the theater-like classroom, wearing a bomber jacket from the Texas Air National Guard and spitting chewing tobacco into a cup.

"At first, I wondered, 'Who is this George Bush?' It's a very common name and I didn't know his background. And he was such a bad student that I asked him once how he got in. He said, 'My dad has good friends.'"

Tsurumi's interview is easily found if you want to read it all. And as one other person pointed out, the 70's were a time when the CIA and KGB were still feared as shadow organizations that could make you disappear. How many professors would want to fail the son of the CIA's big dog?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:24 am

slider wrote:
[b][i]You obviously haven't been listening to or watching your heroes, Beck, Ingram, Limbaugh, Hannity or the other blathering idiots then,

Didn't Beck author a book?

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 455630
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 am

Buy Glenn Beck's Book So His Daughter Can Attend an Elitist Ivy League School

Look what popped up on Simon & Schuster's YouTube channel tonight! It's Glenn Beck, imploring the masses, including liberals, to buy his book so he can send his daughter to Obama's alma mater, that noted communist think-tank, Columbia University.

http://gawker.com/5326055/buy-glenn-becks-book-so-his-daughter-can-attend-an-elitist-ivy-league-school

lol!

Here is a Glenn Beck 9/12 Project Tea Party meeting, in case you were wondering what goes on at these things. What goes on? Crazy ranting!

Specifically, old-fashioned "the commies are stealing our essence" talk followed by this hilarious conversation:

Woman: [Shouts] "Burn the books!" [applause]

Man: "I don't think you were serious about that, were you?"

Woman: "I am too."

Man: "Burn all the books?!"

Woman: "The ones in college, those, those brainwashing books."

Man: "[laughs] Brainwashing books?"

Woman: "Yes."

Man: "Which ones are those?"

Woman: "Like, the evolution crap, and, yeah..."

http://gawker.com/5207368/a-very-special-book+burning-glenn-beck-tea-party

although Beck is credited as author on books... someone else is responsible for the proper spellings

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=glenn+becks+book+editor

lol!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:06 am

Quote :
although Beck is credited as author on books... someone else is responsible for the proper spellings

Editor?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 am

Editors. last link turns up 3 unique ones so far
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 am

Is it uncommon for writers to hire editors? Or is it just newspapers that need them?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 am

Justoo wrote:
Is it uncommon for writers to hire editors? Or is it just newspapers that need them?

sure ain't and don't know, that's a matter of preference...
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 am

Hiring multiple editors is good for the economy. Smile
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:53 am

lots of things are good for the economy and yet bad for society. we fail ourselves when we do not give "just due" to the interaction between the two and consequences both intended and not.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:09 am

The thread so far.....

1.. Obama is a jackass who didn't know the p is silent in corpsman. A president should know that word.

2.. Bush is a jackass who says nukyaler. A president should know that word.

3.. Glenn Beck brings loonie far righters out of their fallout shelters. Glenn should try for a saner audience.

4.. The leftist verses right wing arguments here continue.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Well, I don't really like President Obama but I do respect the man for at least trying to do something to get the Country back to some sort of stability. Unlike the previous idiot in the White House who simply sat on his ass playing in his make believe world as "The Decider" and let things just about totally meltdown and now has members of his Adminstration and the Spin Doctors of talk radio rewriting history to try and save his piss poor legacy.

Since we are now once again hurling insults as to my being, my intellegence, my supposed political views and my health status as a Carbon Based Lifeform I'll return the favor.

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 The best part of all of you kool aid drinking idiots ran down your Mom's Asscrack!Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 pm

The best part of all of you kool aid drinking idiots ran down your Mom's Asscrack!
That's not funny
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
The best part of all of you kool aid drinking idiots ran down your Mom's Asscrack!
That's not funny

slimer is a laugh a minute.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:49 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
That's not funny
Blackie, neither are the constant attacks about my disability and the fact I have earned those Handicapped Parking Placards and the priveledges that go along with being issued those permits by the State of Kansas.

But these narrow minded idiots and a--holes just keep hammering away at it. Gets old being put down because of the way God made me and chose to have me live my life. I say screw them all, if it makes their peckers hard and shoot spoo by making fun of those who aren't quite up to their standards then they should take a long hard look at the pieces of chit they have become. I bet their Moms and Dads are mighty proud of their bigotry and ignorance.

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237 Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" 572237
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:19 am

Slider, it would sound better if you say you meet the criteria to have a handicapped parking permit. You always say you have earned the right to have one and saying you "earned" it makes it sound as if you worked to get one. Just an observation.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:57 am

slider wrote:

Second post of the thread. You used persons with disabilities to insult W. and suggest we only listen to a few right wing speakers. And you insult us with every other post.

Then we are supposed to play nice? Don't spit on me and then wonder why I won't shake your hand. You seem to invite the abuse you complain about.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:35 am

That point has been made to him in the past justoo. He insulted me, and others before, only to have a fit when we returned fire.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 am

Ratzilla wrote:
The thread so far.....

2.. Bush is a jackass who says nukyaler. A president should know that word.

Jimmy Carter also pronouces it that way. He supposedly was a nuclear engineer on a Navy sub. Make you feel safer?

Ratzilla wrote:
3.. Glenn Beck brings loonie far righters out of their fallout shelters. Glenn should try for a saner audience.

Hmmmm.... http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9659056
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Didn't say Carter was a wiz kid. Matter of fact I never mentioned him in this conversation. As I recall the only times I've mentioned him here were praising his helping build houses and that he's the only president to have his ass kicked by a rabbit.

Never said Beck only attracted nuts either. But it stands to reason that any TV or radio host who only appeals to one side of the political aisle will get the nuts to go with them. Does burning books and denial of evolution strike you as a moderate?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:23 pm

I never said that Bush was an Einstein, either. I said that he was a bad public speaker, and so was Einstein. There are plenty of bright people who don't do well in front of large groups. I'd guess that Bush does much better than any of us here would. I know I'd be petrified. I was just pointing out that slimer's argument was irrelevant. Everyone knows that Bush isn't a good orator. But BO is hailed by the lamestream media as one of the greatest orators of all time and the smartest President ever. The fact that he relies so heavily on his teleprompter and wasn't even briefed by his staff as to what was in the speech, coupled with a Commander in Chief's complete ignorance of military terms, makes me wonder about the sincerity of anything that he says and whether he's just spouting whatever pops up on the prompter. Hell, he's the President of the United States talking about the military, not the local sports anchor who can't pronounce European tennis players' names.

I'd also argue that when it comes to the nut factor, Oprah has all of the others on that list beat. Maybe all of them combined.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:20 pm

I never said Obama impressed me either. I've spoke to an audience a few times and it is nervous work. But you gotta admit sometimes Bush made really dumb remarks, though I'll chalk up the nukyular to common redneck terminology. And as to the Oprah cult, you should know I fully agree with you on that.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I never said Obama impressed me either. I've spoke to an audience a few times and it is nervous work. But you gotta admit sometimes Bush made really dumb remarks, though I'll chalk up the nukyular to common redneck terminology. And as to the Oprah cult, you should know I fully agree with you on that.

I was just using your summary to point out the fallacy of slimer's diatribe.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:01 am

I just remembered. This guy once said he wanted to be in the Marine "Corpse". Family ties here? Hmmm.

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Gomer-pyle-1
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I just remembered. This guy once said he wanted to be in the Marine "Corpse". Family ties here? Hmmm.

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Gomer-pyle-1

Well, BO is half Irish. Does Gomer look like he enjoys Guinness?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"   Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama: "She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Politics-
Jump to: