Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti

Go down 
+4
The Other One
Blackie Kuhn
Ratzilla
robert
8 posters
AuthorMessage
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Empty
PostSubject: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:05 am

I just said in the Oprah thread that with her being a billionaire and the descendant of slaves herself, she should be the first and biggest donor.

Come on Oprah. Come on Bill Cosby, Jackson family, Michael Jordon, and all you rich blacks who make more money in a day, or even an hour, than most of us make in a year.

Come on Al Sharpton. Come on Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan. Show us if you really care about the descendants of slaves, or if you just use bitching about slavery as a tool to get rich.

I'm seeing an awful lot of white folk on TV digging through rubble and supplying aid and medical attention down there. Let's see all you rich "African Americans" open the wallets wide for your Haitian cousins.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am

Are you insinuating that Blacks are lazy? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I just said in the Oprah thread that with her being a billionaire and the descendant of slaves herself, she should be the first and biggest donor.

Come on Oprah. Come on Bill Cosby, Jackson family, Michael Jordon, and all you rich blacks who make more money in a day, or even an hour, than most of us make in a year.

Come on Al Sharpton. Come on Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan. Show us if you really care about the descendants of slaves, or if you just use bitching about slavery as a tool to get rich.

I'm seeing an awful lot of white folk on TV digging through rubble and supplying aid and medical attention down there. Let's see all you rich "African Americans" open the wallets wide for your Haitian cousins.

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Are you insinuating that Blacks are lazy? Very Happy

The NBA and the NBA Players Association have given quite a large sum to the relief effort.

Wycliff Jean, whose charity has come into question by the Better Business Bureau, nonetheless has been personally "digging through the rubble" since the first day.

As I stated in another thread, Tiger Woods has purchased a mobile hospital plane for use in Haiti.

I noticed that BET was appealing to viewers to donate to to relief efforts during program breaks since day one.

These are only things that have been on the news. There are probably many more stories that could be told of "rich" black people donating and/or volunteering to help in other ways. Perhaps you should apppeal to BO to take our tax money that he's directing to ACORN (which was founded by two white brothers who subsequently embezzled millions from the organization) and redirect that money to the Haitian relief effort. Or maybe the tax money that he pledged to Mary Landrieu and Ben Nelson in healthcare bribes should be taken away and used for Haitian relief.

I don't think the efforts of American private citizens should be questioned or criticized. This is the most generous people on earth. The government, on the other hand, needs a lot more scrutiny.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:12 pm

I hadn't heard the part about NBA players, but I did know about Tiger Woods and that's fine. My point wasn't to suggest blacks aren't doing anything, but rather to say this would be a great time for those with vast fortunes like Oprah, and especially those like Jesse J, Sharpton, and Farrakhan who constantly talk about the oppressed black man to step up and put their money where their mouths are.

Think about it. Oprah could donate 10 or 20 million easy and prove her gifts to her audience weren't just cheap stunts for tax write offs. Has she? Will she?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I hadn't heard the part about NBA players, but I did know about Tiger Woods and that's fine. My point wasn't to suggest blacks aren't doing anything, but rather to say this would be a great time for those with vast fortunes like Oprah, and especially those like Jesse J, Sharpton, and Farrakhan who constantly talk about the oppressed black man to step up and put their money where their mouths are.

Think about it. Oprah could donate 10 or 20 million easy and prove her gifts to her audience weren't just cheap stunts for tax write offs. Has she? Will she?

i didnt think you meant anything by what you said that was incorrect or improper.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Ratzilla wrote:

Oprah's Angel Network is donating $1 million to the American Red Cross for Haitian Relief.

The Rev. Al Sharpton will leave for Haiti Monday after hosting his annual MLK celebration in Harlem.

Jackson to join doctors in Haiti, pushes for relief

Calypso Louie's webpage has an article on the earthquake, but nothing about him getting personally involved.

The earthquake that struck Haiti on Jan. 12 hit close to home for David Ortiz. The Red Sox slugger is a native of the Dominican Republic, a country which shares an island with Haiti. In support of relief efforts, Big Papi has ordered a collection of canned goods, water and other items that he will bring to Haiti, MLB.com reports.

NFL pledges $2.5M to aid Haiti earthquake relief efforts

NHL donates $100,000 to UNICEF for Haiti relief

Top US businesses offer 43 million dollars for Haiti
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 pm

It would be against Farrakhans style to do anything but blame whitey or the jews for everything.

Jesse may actually do some physical work, but unless I miss my guess Sharpton will mostly be talking to reporters.

Oprah's Angel Network is making a nice contribution, but just because Oprah started the organization doesn't mean it's her money. She could "personally" pledge 20 million without any pain. But being critical of them is not my main point.

My point is that if I were descended from slaves and attained incredible wealth, I would feel obligated more than most to dig extra deep to help those descended from slavery who lived in poverty and then lost what little they had.

It's kind of like if Hays were destroyed in a super tornado. I'd expect any big personal donations to come from someone who felt a personal bond with the population of Hays. I really wouldn't expect Oprah, Jesse J, or Sharpton to jump in and help, and they probably wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Good news Haiti: George Clooney is holding a telethon for you. You're all set.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:57 pm

The Other One wrote:

Did all the money for 9/11 ever get found?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:01 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Did all the money for 9/11 ever get found?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 am

You know, after re-thinking this, what would impress me most would be to see Oprah go down there and dig, help at a medical aid station, or even pass out MRE's. She can keep her cash, I want to see her show that she's not too important to work.

I have seen Jesse J get in and physically work to help before even though he's not always honest about the purpose, and anyone who will go into that now stinking mess deserves some recognition.

Except porko Sharpton. I think he'll avoid working as much as possible unless there's a camera close by. It'd be nice if just once he didn't have alterior motives, but ole Al has always been the perfect snake before.

When he told Michael Jacksons kids that "There wasn't nothing strange about your daddy", you could almost hear the suction of Al's lips on the Jackson families butts. I'll be flat out amazed if Revun Al is there for anything but camera ops to tell how the white man owes Haiti.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am

I saw last night that loooters stole millions in cash from a collapsed Citibank vault. Kinda like Citibank stole millions from the American taxpayers in the bailout scheme. Not to mention the original subject of this thread - Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti. Guess what goes around comes around.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Odd that nobody was put in place to guard that.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Some updates on relief efforts. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have also extended their efforts by donating $1 million to help Doctors Without Borders in the earthquake-ravaged zone.

John Travolta has arranged for a plane to transport supplies and personel.

Madonna has donated $250,000 to Partners In Need.

Oprah has asked her viewers to give money to the Red Cross. Big spender. Rolling Eyes

And then we have the illustrious Pat Robertson who said....

Pat Robertson wrote:
"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the Devil said, okay it's a deal."

Nice dickhead..
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Some updates on relief efforts. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have also extended their efforts by donating $1 million to help Doctors Without Borders in the earthquake-ravaged zone.

Oprah has asked her viewers to give money to the Red Cross. Big spender. Rolling Eyes

And then we have the illustrious Pat Robertson who said....

Pat Robertson wrote:
"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the Devil said, okay it's a deal."

Nice dickhead..

Angelina will also adopt 40 kids from Haiti
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Adopt a Haitian will probably be the new Hollywood fad. Wonder if Limbaugh and Pat Robertson will want any?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Adopt a Haitian will probably be the new Hollywood fad. Wonder if Limbaugh and Pat Robertson will want any?

Limbaugh might adopt a Haitian with a series of broken bones so the kid can get a oxycodone script
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Good point slickjay.

Here's a bunch of psycho Robertsons famous quotes. He wants to ban Halloween. GRRRRRR Evil or Very Mad

Butthead's comments
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Plane collects Haiti earthquake children for adoption

Seems the Dutch ot their shit together......

The adoption process, which could normally take several years, was sped up after the earthquake killed tens of thousands of people and left many more homeless.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm

There was a story on KWCH last night about a couple in Kansas who picked up there two kids from Haiti last week that they were supposed to get in about 6 months
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:17 am

Ratzilla wrote:

Kenyon Martin of the Denver Nuggets pledged to donate fifteen hundred dollars to the Red Cross Haitian relief effort for each rebound that he got in tonight's game against the LA Clippers. He wound up with 14 rebounds. That's $21,000.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
Limbaugh might adopt a Haitian with a series of broken bones so the kid can get a oxycodone script
He's passed that. But, nonetheless, your post is a textbook example of lame sophistry.
Back to top Go down
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:40 am

One good thing about the earhquake in Haiti: there should be some really cool stuff for them to make rafts out of now.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 am

Some updates....

Among private organizations and corporations, the American Red Cross has donated nearly $6 million, including a $5 million cash contribution, followed by Deutsche Bank ($4 million), the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ($1.5 million) and Bank of America ($1 million). Wall Street behemoths Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan have donated $1 million each, along with Starbucks and the Hess Corporation. The World Bank has pledged $100 million, according to U.N. documents. Major League Baseball, the National Football League and the National Basketball Association have pledged $1 million apiece.

Not to be outdone by big business, celebrities like Jolie and Pitt have pledged $1 million to the relief fund via the Jolie-Pitt Foundation. Sandra Bullock also has donated $1 million. Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen has added $1.5 million, followed by Madonna ($250,000), seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, who has sent $125,000 via his foundation, and actress Alyssa Milano ($50,000).

And Oprah has pleaded repeatedly with her fans to donate..... Rolling Eyes

Cough up a few million of your own. You know, all that cash that you already got by asking your fans to buy all your crap. Bitch..
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen

a.k.a. Mrs. Tom Brady

Last edited by The Other One on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lard)
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 am

Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Haiti-and-baseball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti   Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Credit Card Companies Skimming Charitable Donations to Haiti
Page 1 of 1