Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Gun Owners, Unfiltered

Go down 
+3
alg8tr
Ratzilla
robert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Gun Owners, Unfiltered Empty
PostSubject: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:13 am

In flat rebuttal of N.R.A. propaganda, the findings showed that 69 percent of N.R.A. members supported closing the notorious gun-show loophole that invites laissez-faire arms dealing outside registration requirements.

Even more members, 82 percent, favored banning gun purchases to suspects on terrorist watch lists who are now free to arm. And 69 percent disagreed with Congressionally imposed rules against sharing federal gun-trace information with state and local police agencies.

These findings strike at some of the N.R.A.’s most sacred shibboleths. The survey questionnaire, devoid of boilerplate alarums about threatened gun rights, found some plain reason at work. It is clear that most members still oppose policies like a national gun registry. But 86 percent of gun owners also agreed that more could be done to “stop criminals from getting guns while also protecting the rights of citizens to freely own them.” And 78 percent of N.R.A. members said they should be required to report stolen guns to the police — to combat another source of underground arms dealing.

Imagine, the dreaded M-word — moderates — surfacing in a political constituency that the N.R.A. portrays as fully locked and loaded for marching orders. If only poll-addicted members of Congress dared to heed gun owners unfiltered by the gun lobby.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/21/opinion/21mon4.html?_r=1
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:39 pm

If Congress heeded gun owners unfiltered by the NRA lobby we'd have the right to own full auto without special license, and there'd no risk of being punished for shooting rapists, robbers, and other violent offenders during the commission of their crimes.

You can't go by the NRA to know the real story because the NRA is full of guys who only want a right to hunt. The NRA has done far too much bargaining on what our founders intended as an undeniable right, especially when it comes to military style weapons.

When the founders gave us the right to keep and bear there were only flintlocks, but now criminals and hostiles from outside our nation can not be fought with flintlocks. We have the right to equal their firepower in our defense. Check out Gun Owners Of America, or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership to know what Constitution minded gun owners really think.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Way thankful we have our choices,...but for how long I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:46 pm

robert wrote:
Even more members, 82 percent, favored banning gun purchases to suspects on terrorist watch lists who are now free to arm.

The terrorist watch list is a joke.

In May, 2007, I boarded a plane in Hays at 6:00 on a Sunday morning, headed for Denver and then to Orlando. They stopped everything and had to call Houston and get clearance to let me on the plane, since my name was on the terrorist watch list. Not that I have a common name or anything. Probably only several thousand people in the country with the same name. But I had my passport! After 20 minutes of holding up the entire operation, they decided that I wasn't a terrorist and let me on the plane.

I repeat, the terorist watch list is a joke.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:08 pm

The Other One wrote:

would you still feel that way if you knew that i was on it too?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:24 pm

robert wrote:
The Other One wrote:

would you still feel that way if you knew that i was on it too?

Are you a terrorist?

The point is that they should have a detailed description and use a little common sense. A swarthy raghead with my name might be a legitimate stop, because it would be highly likely that it's an alias. If I was dressed like Randy Moss was dressed for his post-game press conference last Sunday, I could see why they would have stopped me (or you, if that was the case). They just need to use a little common sense. But common sense and government don't mix.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Us citizens are THE government.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:36 pm

alg8tr wrote:

and thats the issue isn't it? kinda?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 pm

alg8tr wrote:

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Perhaps the citizens need to reassert themselves.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:46 pm

The Other One wrote:

Perhaps the citizens need to reassert themselves.

they will. unfortunately it starts on the extreme outer edges with the loonies who see the solution as a civil war rather than what it really should be which is a governmental housecleaning followed by term limits and a myriad of other "irremovable" safeguard amendments to prevent the old boy network from taking hold again.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:47 pm

robert wrote:
governmental housecleaning

Don't forget senatecleaning, too. This morning was a prime example of the need for that.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:00 am

The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

Don't forget senatecleaning, too. This morning was a prime example of the need for that.

yeah... that no public option was kinda hard to take...
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:10 am

robert wrote:
The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

yeah... that no public option was kinda hard to take...

Kinda funny that the left is unhappy with it, the right is unhappy with it, yet it passed. It ain't over yet, though. They still have to get a single bill passed by both chambers. Any hint of public option loses Lieberman and sinks them.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:18 am

nothing changes for me with either outcome. my healthcare is still socialized and guaranteed. i'm rooting for a public option tho. i want everybody to at least get what i get.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:27 am

my gap insurance will double...$375 a month. Leaves me $412
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:11 am

robert wrote:
nothing changes for me with either outcome. my healthcare is still socialized and guaranteed. i'm rooting for a public option tho. i want everybody to at least get what i get.

The difference that causes distress for both conservatives and moderates is that you get healthcare because of being in the military, which you earned. You didn't just hop the border, or sit on your ass watching Oprah in between making welfare babies and expect a free ride.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:35 am

Ratzilla wrote:
robert wrote:

The difference that causes distress for both conservatives and moderates is that you get healthcare because of being in the military, which you earned. You didn't just hop the border, or sit on your ass watching Oprah in between making welfare babies and expect a free ride.

i consider myself a moderate (believe it or not) and i'm still okay with everyone getting healthcare. having been 'round the world, my worldview is not so limited. i worry about the implementation for reasons other than the "welfare queens" and "illegals".
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 am

after a life of poor health, I am most concerned about my right to seek good medical help, oh...and deciding when to give up and die.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 am

guess when this all becomes mandated "uncle sugar" will get to decide that which is "discretionary income"
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:06 am

bobby is probably on the terrorist watch list if Janet Napolitano has anything to do with it. She was the one who issued the memo that included ex-military people as those who should be watched.

Yet when this clown, whose own father called everyone he could get ahold of to warn them about, sticks a bomb in his underwear, boards a U.S. bound plane without a passport and tries to murder 290 innocent people, not to mention the lives that would have been lost on the ground had it not been for a courageous Dutchman, Janet Napolitano declares that "the system worked."

When was the last time she submitted to a sobriety test?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:35 am

actually i made the hit list during last administration. ep i thought you knew "citizens" are the last line of defense... lol
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:36 pm

robert wrote:
actually i made the hit list during last administration. ep i thought you knew "citizens" are the last line of defense... lol

You have the emphasis wrong. Citizens are the last line of defense. This bozo never should have been allowed on the plane.

And it's not a matter of administrations. It's a matter of useless bureaucrats creating reasons for their own continued employment instead of solving the problems they were hired to address. The system did not work on any level except the last level.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:26 pm

The Other One wrote:
robert wrote:

You have the emphasis wrong. Citizens are the last line of defense. This bozo never should have been allowed on the plane.

And it's not a matter of administrations. It's a matter of useless bureaucrats creating reasons for their own continued employment instead of solving the problems they were hired to address. The system did not work on any level except the last level.

I'm impressed, EP. Shocked, but impressed.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:07 pm

he doesn't really think republicans are to blame... about this or anything ... just trynna sound bipartisan Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Damn Bighead, are you using a Wichita prostitutes picture? Shocked Something tells me that guy probably doesn't get targetted by butt pirates in jail. Actually it reminds me of a stepmother I had once, only not quite as ugly as her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:58 pm

Actually, this is one of the local thugs in my hometown back in Southern Appalachia. Believe it or not, the guy is locally famous as some kind of badass... that's his reputation anyhow.

He gets arrested every few months for meth and/or wife-beating. I found his picture while going through the county's inmate database- looking to see how many friends, relatives, classmates, church members, etc. are in jail at the moment. It's an impressive shot, huh?

Last edited by Bighead on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Bighead wrote:
Actually, this guy is one of the local thugs in my hometown back in Southern Appalachia. Believe it or not, the guy is locally famous as some kind of badass... that's his reputation anyhow.

he has a massive head but somehow I don't think that translates too enhanced intelligence
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Yeah, we Scotts-Irish tend to have rather large noggins'... whether or not they're of any practical use. I imagine this guy could wield his as a club- you wouldn't want to get hit with THAT, now would you?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Bighead wrote:
Yeah, we Scotts-Irish tend to have rather large noggins'... whether or not they're of any practical use. I imagine this guy could wield his as a club- you wouldn't want to get hit with THAT, now would you?

Hell I think that skull may stop a 158 grain 357 mag bullet
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 pm

I thought ya'll might enjoy a glimpse of where greatness comes from.

This guy lives right up the hill from where I grew up. His boy was in my class until he flunked 1st grade and dropped out in 6th:

Gun Owners, Unfiltered 55176F

Judging by his last name, his location, and his glorious mullet- this is some of my distant kin:

Gun Owners, Unfiltered 53166F

And these two are just funny:

Gun Owners, Unfiltered 54599F

Gun Owners, Unfiltered 55174F
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 am

Have you checked out the list for Ellis County lately? There's some on there that could make your hit list.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 am

The Other One wrote:
Have you checked out the list for Ellis County lately? There's some on there that could make your hit list.

hell I have forgotten the link for that
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:03 am

Genetics can be cruel.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:08 am

slickjay12 wrote:
The Other One wrote:

hell I have forgotten the link for that

Here you go.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:49 am

LINDA A ALLEN

DOB: 02-18-1954
Registered Since: 07-20-2001

Most Recent Offense

RAPE

wtf?
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:51 am

Liberals are like slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but it brings a smile to your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

ep... please get some sleep... your exhibiting signs of violence....
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:29 am

robert wrote:
LINDA A ALLEN

Most Recent Offense

RAPE

wtf?

If you read her offenses you'll see it was a 5 year old boy. Now tell me how many males of any age would willingly mess with that old hag.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:23 am

Ratzilla wrote:
robert wrote:
LINDA A ALLEN

Most Recent Offense

RAPE

wtf?

If you read her offenses you'll see it was a 5 year old boy. Now tell me how many males of any age would willingly mess with that old hag.

Was she a school teacher?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:15 am

robert wrote:
Liberals are like slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but it brings a smile to your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

ep... please get some sleep... your exhibiting signs of violence....

If you can't take a joke, it's just too bad. Then again, most liberals like you are humorless on top of being useless.
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
robert
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
robert

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 am

Gun Owners, Unfiltered S_am18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Owners, Unfiltered   Gun Owners, Unfiltered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun Owners, Unfiltered
Page 1 of 1