Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Gas Tax Holiday

Go down 
+5
zeke
LukeTHr
slickjay12
Justoo
nitromaxx98
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:11 pm

What say you?

LINK
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:50 pm

18.4¢ ain't much compared to $3.299 but it helps. Until I find out they are cutting funding for road projects.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:52 pm

I may regret this but i think I agree with the Mcain issue
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:35 pm

how about instead of cutting a tax for a short time, which only amouts to political games, they stop all the pork barrel spending on pet projects so they can keep their phony - baloney jobs....... I didn't get a harumph outta dat guy......

It's time to stop bailing out major banks when the bad loans they chose to make go into default. It's time for top execs to stop making millions and millions in pay and bonuses regardless of how a company does financially. Maybe instead the companies would get a tax break based on the number of good paying jobs (real jobs) they add to the workforce and put an end to all these layoffs. When it becomes more costly to make something overseas than it does here because of tariffs on imports, the jobs will come back.

It's time to cut back on all the tax breaks the mega-wealthy get, it's time to put heavy tariffs on imported goods to get the manufacturing base back in this country. It's time to implement a luxury tax. It's time to get the government working for the good of all the American people and not the major corporations. It's time to put an end to the war because the spending is gonna break us , if it hasn't already. It's time to end the de-regulation on the trucking and oil industries. It's time to protect the workers in this country. Protect their jobs and protect their retirement funds. Stop raising the age of social security and stop trying to raid the fund. Stop companies from eliminating long-time employees when they get close to retiring just to save a buck. Thats just chewing someone up and spitting them aside after they get used up. Stop giving social security money to people that come here illegally and then demand assistance.

It's time for a real solution on the open border policy allowing mass migrations from the south to go unchecked. If our government has the technology to know when someone gets too close to a fence at Area 51 and can keep anyone from intruding there, then we sure as hell can apply that to our border. The hell with what other governements say (like Mexico) and shut that down tight so not even a cockroach can't get thru.

That's all I have to say about that now.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:01 pm

If this 'gas holiday" passes, which it won't, will only hurt the smaller stations who's gas is already in the ground.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:56 pm

lukethr aka jimmy hoffa. were have you been all these years boss
Back to top Go down
kasey

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Justoo wrote:
18.4¢ ain't much compared to $3.299 but it helps. Until I find out they are cutting funding for road projects.
The Wall Street Journal reports that McCain's Gas-Tax Plan May Be A Clunker:
Quote :
Relief — or fewer jobs? According to a white paper circulated on Capitol Hill last week by the U.S. Transportation Department, every $1 billion of federal highway investment supports 34,779 jobs.

History of the federal gas tax here.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:22 pm

According to howstuffworks.com, 14% of the cost of a gallon of gas is taxes, or 46.2 cents. If 18.4 cents is federal tax, that leaves 27.8 cents for state and local tax. Will Katie step up?
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Number of posts : 86

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:33 pm

This might be the first time ever that I choose not to vote in the presidental election. But should I change my mind....I might consider LukeTHr as my write-in vote. Haha.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm

zeke wrote:
lukethr aka jimmy hoffa. were have you been all these years boss

sshhhhhh...... I don't want anyone to know where I am.....
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:44 pm

cobra_kel wrote:
This might be the first time ever that I choose not to vote in the presidental election. But should I change my mind....I might consider LukeTHr as my write-in vote. Haha.

well, thats one vote.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
kansas kid
kansas kid

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:14 pm

What a sticking joke, you really this is going to solve problems, just our big tax rebate. our goverment barrows money from another country to help with economy. Why not make oil companies pay more. But i forgot our upper peers are tied to that.
Back to top Go down
JustAnotherTourist
JustAnotherTourist

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:00 pm

If they want to sincerely help, cut the cost of fuel by 60 cents or more rather than a paltry 18 cents.

Wishful thinking...I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas Tax Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Holiday   Gas Tax Holiday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas Tax Holiday
Page 1 of 1