Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

when is the frost fest parade stuff?

Go down 
+5
slider
Bighead
Blackie Kuhn
SciFi
alg8tr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-03-26

when is the frost fest parade stuff? Empty
PostSubject: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Is it today?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:58 pm

alg8tr wrote:
Is it today?
http://www.discoverhays.com/info/index.php?id=1054

Sunday, 5:30pm.
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:05 pm

"to my brother in Space" Many Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:38 pm

alg8tr wrote:
"to my brother in Space" Many Thanks
Sure, glad to help! Not sure if I'm going. I'm not 100% ambulatory at the moment but I may make it downtown if I don't wuss out.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:46 pm

I always found it kinda odd that they want to attract people downtown when all or most businesses are closed.Maybe if it was held on a Friday or saturday,some downtown businesses could benefit from this besides having to pick up the litter from all the worthless paper handouts that are handed out during parades.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Wonder why they don't just have a Christmas Parade?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Because it isn't politically correct to call it a Christmas Parade. It is a celebration of the winter, not specifically tied to Christmas just coinsides with the holiday season. Wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feeling in this modern time.

Like at Washington Elementary, some years ago a parent complained about the kids coming to school in their Halloween costumes. Instead for the last 10 or 15 years they have a "gourd parade" where each child is given a gourd and asked to decorate it to placate the parent who was offended by the demonic characterization of the holiday.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:24 pm

slider wrote:
Because it isn't politically correct to call it a Christmas Parade. It is a celebration of the winter, not specifically tied to Christmas just coinsides with the holiday season. Wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feeling in this modern time.

Like at Washington Elementary, some years ago a parent complained about the kids coming to school in their Halloween costumes. Instead for the last 10 or 15 years they have a "gourd parade" where each child is given a gourd and asked to decorate it to placate the parent who was offended by the demonic characterization of the holiday.
How pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Heh.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:57 am

Bighead wrote:
Wonder why they don't just have a Christmas Parade?

Chanukah begins on Friday at sundown.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Drink a gin & tonukah for me.

Last edited by Bighead on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Frostfest parade has been postponed until Next Sun. the 13th.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 am

I had no idea,we went....no one was there Smile
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 am

slider wrote:

Wonder if it was an immigrant parent since it was Washington? I've noticed Mexican kids not born here don't seem to relate to gory Halloween stuff with the same excitement as local born kids. They just kind of stare uncomfortably. Mexican Catholics take their religion pretty seriously too. I know the Catholic schools havn't liked seeing witch, ghost, or devil costumes on kids for a long time.

Personally I'd like to give each kid a rotten egg or a bucket of very fresh manure and the address of the parent who complained. All the anti-Christmas anti-Halloween stuff is stupid. They're fun times.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 am

luv2cook wrote:
Frostfest parade has been postponed until Next Sun. the 13th.

Guess everything is postponed until the 13th. I hear the drive-thru flu shots are that day, too.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:43 am

Bighead wrote:
Drink a gin & tonukah for me.

Hope you get a high colonic-ah.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when is the frost fest parade stuff?   when is the frost fest parade stuff? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when is the frost fest parade stuff?
Page 1 of 1