Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

The Fourth Kind

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Has anyone gone to see it yet? Or, I guess I should ask if it's even in Hays.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm

Heard someone on another forum say they didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-03-27

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I heard it was more of a comedy because the acting was so bad.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 pm

I thought it was pretty good. I don't go to movies very often, but I'd go to this one again (I like these kinds of movies, though).

Oz, did you see Paranormal State? I wanted to go to it when it came out, but my 13 yr old niece said it was very hokey. I may go when it gets to the cheap theater, in Topeka.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 pm

I havn't seen Paranormal State but if it has even one dorky psychic I'd pass on it. I like Ghost Hunters, but those other paranormal shows with the trailer trash mediums running around putting on a bad Miss Cleo act and some dork always hollering about frigging orbs ruin it.

And then there's that one with the stupid little woman off of the Poltergiest movie who narrates trying to talk scary and she just sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

There's one on the Travel Channel that Linda Blair narrates. It's pretty dopey.

I thought that if a 13 year old thought a movie was hokey, then it probably is. On the other hand, I've heard a lot of adults say it was good. Eh... $2.00 at the cheap theater will be fine, when it gets there in a few months.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Isn't it the Linda Blair show that has that dingy old bag from the Poltergeist movie who narrates? I never understood what was supposed to be scary about a 4 foot tall woman talking like a character from some low budget 1950's horror flick.

I really can get into real efforts to understand paranormal happenings, but these silly assed psychics and bozos calling dust or bugs flying around in a photo ghosts is the way too many of those shows operate. At least the SciFi channels Ghost Hunters aka "TAPS" trys to avoid that.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Isn't it the Linda Blair show that has that dingy old bag from the Poltergeist movie who narrates? I never understood what was supposed to be scary about a 4 foot tall woman talking like a character from some low budget 1950's horror flick.

I really can get into real efforts to understand paranormal happenings, but these silly assed psychics and bozos calling dust or bugs flying around in a photo ghosts is the way too many of those shows operate. At least the SciFi channels Ghost Hunters aka "TAPS" trys to avoid that.

Well, by golly... it is narrated by the little old lady.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:45 pm

suzyr wrote:
Oz, did you see Paranormal State? I wanted to go to it when it came out, but my 13 yr old niece said it was very hokey. I may go when it gets to the cheap theater, in Topeka.

I haven't seen it. I want to, but I can't find anyone here to go with me. Bunch of wimps here.

Ratzilla wrote:

I love Ghost Hunters! My friends and I attended a paranormal conference at the Stanley Hotel featuring Jason and Grant from TAPS, among other paranormal experts.

What was that show called with that fraudulent fake, Derek Akorah? He and his invisible friend, Sam.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Most Haunted? I watched that a few times. My then 7 year old, used to laugh when the show was on, he (Derek) was so ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 pm

I'd like to go to that Florida lighthouse TAPS was at. Waverly Sanitarium, and the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum would be good too.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Waverly would be great! TAPS is having another paranormal event in June at the Stanley. I'm trying to get a few to go with me.

Most Haunted...how could I forget? Most Hilarious is more like it.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Oz wrote:
Waverly would be great! TAPS is having another paranormal event in June at the Stanley. I'm trying to get a few to go with me.

Most Haunted...how could I forget? Most Hilarious is more like it.

Another problem with that show they cussed every other word and the bleepers were so damn annoying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Fourth Kind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kind   The Fourth Kind Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fourth Kind
Page 1 of 1