Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Bar B Cutie Closed

Go down 
+10
The Other One
wilkykav2
Degeneration X
Blackie Kuhn
SlumberGirl
suzyj
Ratzilla
luv2cook
slider
plowboy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:34 am

Realized Bar B Cutie ( next to Dairy Queen ) has closed for business. Lasted longer then I thought.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 am

Been closed for at least a month!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:06 pm

plowboy wrote:
Lasted longer then I thought.

+1 especially considering their food wasnt that good.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Never went there. Not much on indoor dining. A Sonic burger to go or take out pizza is my idea of living it up.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:30 pm

slider wrote:
Been closed for at least a month!
Sorry, never gave it a thought because the parking lot was always empty.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Was that the place out on E. 27th?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:42 pm

suzyr wrote:
Was that the place out on E. 27th?

Yes. We had some take out there once and it was disgusting and pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Sounds like Rib Crib, here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:53 pm

I had their food on a few occasions,it was inconsistent. Sometimes good and the next time not so good,but always a bit pricey. Sorry to see it go especially when Hays folks wanted a bbq place so bad. Might be a good location for a Famous Daves BBQ.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Didn't really taste much like real BBQ, more like oven baked, dried out meat with a generous portion of "Liquid Smoke" poured on it and called BBQ.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 am

Now its time to turn the place into a liquor store.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 am

The name Bar B Cutie always made me think of girls, not barbeque. Were the girls there any good?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:06 am

I just noticed on Halloween.I did like they're cornbread/pancake corncake thingys though!
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:56 pm

It was way too expensive and their BBQ sauce had too much vinegar in it. I think a person could make a go of a BBQ place if they just stuck with simple BBQ. It doesnt have to be all fancy. Alot of people like BBQ but dont have the time to go home and do it themselves.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:47 pm

slider wrote:
Didn't really taste much like real BBQ, more like oven baked, dried out meat with a generous portion of "Liquid Smoke" poured on it and called BBQ.

They did samples at "Taste of Hays" a couple of months before they opened, and they were good. I think they bought some meat and actually smoked it themselves. However, we went there once after they opened, and it sucked. It looked and tasted like they bought pre-cooked meat and just reheated it. Reminded me a lot of Arby's, but lower quality.

Speaking of BBQ, Oz and I had us some Arthur Bryant's last week. Now that's damn good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Its sad, I have lived here in KC now for almost 2 weeks and I have yet to treat myself to some BBQ here.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
Sorry to see it go especially when Hays folks wanted a bbq place so bad.
Yeah, me too. It's sad to see a business go under. They probably would have had better luck expanding the DQ and adding the brazier. I've always liked DQ burgers.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 pm

I never understood the DQ decision not to go brazier in a town the size of Hays. I understand there's alot of other burger options in Hays, but DQ does make good stuff and if you're already sitting there selling ice cream, why not go the whole deal?
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
Its sad, I have lived here in KC now for almost 2 weeks and I have yet to treat myself to some BBQ here.

Treat yourself to Oklahoma Joes. Its our favorite in town... and we've had lots of the "regulars". Aurthur Bryants, Fiorelli's and Gates are alright too- just not our number 1.

When we lived in Hays we really enjoyed the BBQ they used to have in the Cerv's by the little dillons- but it didn't last long. The guy was real nice too... Nunnery's I think was the name.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Before he moved to the west Cerv's location, he had it inside the old Five Star Amoco at 13th & Vine. That was good BBQ
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I never understood the DQ decision not to go brazier in a town the size of Hays. I understand there's alot of other burger options in Hays, but DQ does make good stuff and if you're already sitting there selling ice cream, why not go the whole deal?
I have wondered that for years. I was surprised when the old DQ on Riley closed and the new one wasn't brazier. I think they would have done ok in that part of town. As far as BBQ, I like Lorenzo's when they come up to Hays at the east Cerv's several times per year. Good stuff, Maynard!

Last edited by SciFi on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got west confused with east . .)
Back to top Go down
lowrider
Rookie
Rookie
lowrider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:03 pm

I really liked Lorenzo's when I lived in the area. Wondered if he still came to Hays. I like Famous Daves, but it's not cheap. Family says I am. Too cheap.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:16 pm

I didn't think Famous Daves was too bad for the amount of food I got.......The verdict is in...You're too cheap Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 pm

SciFi wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:
I have wondered that for years. I was surprised when the old DQ on Riley closed and the new one wasn't brazier. I think they would have done ok in that part of town. As far as BBQ, I like Lorenzo's when they come up to Hays at the east Cerv's several times per year. Good stuff, Maynard!

A&W when it was on the north side of 8th street with that bug catcher on the end of the canopy, and DQ were once my summer hot spots. It was weird to munch a burger and watch bugs go in the net for entertainment. You ever notice burgers don't taste or smell as good as they did then?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:15 pm

That's because the cattle are so pumped full of shit to make them fatter,cheaper and at a faster rate,It has affected the flavor of the meat.
Back to top Go down
3toes
3toes

Number of posts : 44

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:33 am

Ratzilla wrote:

The reason is that when he bought the dq it was grandfathered in at a low rate as far what he would have to pay to dq. The brazier would make the dq a NEW deal and his money would be more to dq.

Never like it when we lose a business, people work there to feed their familys ect.

But I really never ate there myself either for always heard the same thing, small meal high price no taste.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 am

3toes wrote:
The reason is that when he bought the dq it was grandfathered in at a low rate as far what he would have to pay to dq. The brazier would make the dq a NEW deal and his money would be more to dq.

To each their own... but I think that business decision would have paid off more than the franchise for BBCutie. But thats sure easy to say when its not my money we're talking about Smile

Last edited by dz724 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quotey thingy messed up)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bar B Cutie Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar B Cutie Closed   Bar B Cutie Closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bar B Cutie Closed
Page 1 of 1