Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.

Go down 
+5
Blackie Kuhn
lyric
CelticDragon
SciFi
Ratzilla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Empty
PostSubject: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:29 pm

As most know, I'm no big fan of religion, but I do have some advice. Quit feeding on your own rumors.

My family has been getting the BS email about how the government is going to ban crosses in cemetaries and forbid prayer in the military. Take a deep breath, take a slug of wine or whatever and forget it. Snopes says no. The faithful of this nation are their own worst enemy sending salvos of this kind of nonsense email around and ya'll are just gonna get ulcers for nothin.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
As most know, I'm no big fan of religion, but I do have some advice. Quit feeding on your own rumors.

My family has been getting the BS email about how the government is going to ban crosses in cemetaries and forbid prayer in the military. Take a deep breath, take a slug of wine or whatever and forget it. Snopes says no. The faithful of this nation are their own worst enemy sending salvos of this kind of nonsense email around and ya'll are just gonna get ulcers for nothin.
I get e-mails like that a lot, "Send this to ten people within the next five-minutes and you will achieve salvation." The crosses are not going anywhere. I agree, just let it go. It's part of our history, and they aren't hurting anything unless they have been plugged into a vampire. Geez, I used to love those Anne Rice novels. Read every one I could get my hands on.
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:59 pm

The only way the crosses will be going anywhere is if the upright Christians of this nation succeed in putting their faith ahead of their citizenship to such a degree that they take this nation from one of freedom of religion to a "Christian nation." Then, you will see the backlash and eventually someone with another religion will come along to overthrow it. It's been happening for thousands of years and doesn't look to stop anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Anytime I get emails like this I check it out on Snopes and truthorfiction.com. then I promptly let the sender know it's not true. Please check things out before sending out untrue emails. It only takes a minute.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:37 pm

CelticDragon wrote:
The only way the crosses will be going anywhere is if the upright Christians of this nation succeed in putting their faith ahead of their citizenship to such a degree that they take this nation from one of freedom of religion to a "Christian nation." Then, you will see the backlash and eventually someone with another religion will come along to overthrow it. It's been happening for thousands of years and doesn't look to stop anytime soon.

Exactly correct. Once someone inflicts their ways on another without compromise it immediately invites challengers. As lyric states, all of these things should be checked. The only email worry letter I've seen recently that had any merit was one about a gun ban bill in the works.

My mom and sisters get about 20 of those "inspirational look at this miracle" type letters every week, and 1 or 2 about how Christians are going to be persecuted. And of course they "must" pass them on or suffer terrible luck. What a waste of time and space.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:03 pm

I get the "inspirational" messages also, I send them back and ask not to be sent any more of this shit.I have my beliefs and don't preach it to anyone....besides who cares?
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:14 pm

Ratzilla wrote:

Lots of Christians THRIVE on persecution- it's an integral part of the religion. Doesn't matter that they're 80% (or thereabouts) of the population in this country. Doesn't matter that no politician can be elected without expressing loyalty to their invisible magic-main in the sky. Nope, they're under constant siege by the heathen hordes. Any expression of disloyalty to their bronze-age goatherder god is a direct threat to their world view.

And it's no surprise. Believing in Santa Claus requires constant vigilance. If you ALLOW yourself to glimpse that fake beard, then the whole house of cards might just fall. And without the fairy-tales that they cling to so dearly, most are NOT equipped to face the yawning abyss that we call morality. So in a sense I really don't blame them.

But I've already seen that fake beard. So it no longer matters what I WANT to believe... I know he's just some fat slob in a cheap costume.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
I get the "inspirational" messages also, I send them back and ask not to be sent any more of this shit.I have my beliefs and don't preach it to anyone....besides who cares?

I don't mind mom and her friends doing the inspirational message thing. Whatever turns their crank. I do have a problem that every damn one seems to be a chain letter with the usual threats of disaster for all who fail to help flood the net with it.

Bighead wrote:
Lots of Christians THRIVE on persecution- it's an integral part of the religion.

So do Jews, blacks, women, gays, and many more. If you want butt kissing and handouts you gotta whine the right tune.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Ratzilla wrote:

So do Jews, blacks, women, gays, and many more. If you want butt kissing and handouts you gotta whine the right tune.

So do you, but who's counting?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 am

Wrong again Bighead. I have never asked anyone to pass a law for me, never demanded someone bow to my whims, and never expected anything special unless I earned it. I do not ask for a single solitary thing based on nothing more than my race, gender, or beliefs.

The only demands I make on the law is that the Constitution be obeyed. If I don't like what feminists do, I do not whine to my politicians to stop them. I make my opinion known and nothing more. If a black man gets a job I wanted, I do not expect to be hired because of my race, I expect the most qualified man, or woman to get the job. I ask that religion stay out of my business, but I have not once attempted to remove religion from any place public or private.

Just because I don't bow down to those you think I should does not put me on the same level as those who try to bend the rules in their favor.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:44 am

I think back to a time when I had one of those lovely Jehovah's Witnesses show up at my door, at least i think it was one of them. They asked me if I believed in heaven and my reply back was sure. I told this nice lady that I had been to heaven the previous night after I got done fornicating with that gal I brought home from the bar. The lady was a little speechless and then i said sorry im not interested in hearing about your "heaven" and i shut the door. Damn now I wonder why those people don't show up here anymore. I either put them to work or I scare them off with some off the wall things I tell them.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:52 am

I had 2 JW show up at my door after I'd been killing chickens for a neighbor. I'd gone home to get some more Mickey's Malt. I was wearing old Vietnam Jungle stuff with all the pockets and filled them with Mickey's. Anyways when I went to the door rather intoxicated and annoyed I was covered with fresh blood from squirting chickens with a Mickey's in one hand and a bloody hatchet in the other. They left in a hurry and I never had a JW come by again.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 am

Hey Ratz that is some funny shit. I can't really say on here what else I have done to them because it might offend a few people around here. All I can say is it involves me and my ex at the time and a look of embarrassment on the JW's face.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:23 am

LOL. I was over to the home of some JW's once because I worked with the man. I had business to discuss with him and just as his daughter let me through the door they hit the stop button on their VCR, but I caught a glimpse of a pretty good skin flick. Their gradeschool age kids were home too. They were obviously concerned with what I saw on the TV but I pretended I didn't see anything.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Does this mean I should return the jack-hammer? Crying or Very sad I was looking forward to a few graveyard workouts Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 am

lyric wrote:
Anytime I get emails like this I check it out on Snopes and truthorfiction.com. then I promptly let the sender know it's not true.

So even if it's true, you promptly let them know that it's not true?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.   You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You don't need enemies when you've got yourselves.
Page 1 of 1