Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....

Go down 
+8
SciFi
nitromaxx98
Blackie Kuhn
slider
dz724
luv2cook
The Other One
wilkykav2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Empty
PostSubject: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Never been and so after going on vacation, a bit low on cash.I look into it and every thing costs money-to watch races,concerts and rides.Please someone tell me why it is called a FREE fair. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Please someone tell me why it is called a FREE fair. Rolling Eyes

Because there's no admission fee to the fair grounds?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Correct.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 pm

There always used to be live entertainment in the area between the buildings and the carnival. All of the exhibits are free. I know its no consolation, but even the things that cost (aside from the carnival) were always cheap (er) than other forms of entertainment! But I haven't lived in Rooks County for 6 years now!
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... 987844 Tradition plays a big part in why it is called the "Free" Fair. Once again .... Common Sense has taken a vacation!!
You buy 'em books and you buy 'em books ... what do they do!!!
Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... 987844
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 pm

They eat the pages...I'm told
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 pm

slider wrote:
Once again .... Common Sense has taken a vacation!!

lol!

That's some funny crap coming from you

You're such a ray of sunshine lately, slider.

What's wrong? Did someone in a wheelchair take your parking spot?

Or are you upset that your free healthcare that you hope for may be in jeaopardy?

QUACK!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 pm

slider wrote:
Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... 987844 Tradition plays a big part in why it is called the "Free" Fair. Once again .... Common Sense has taken a vacation!!

I have never heard of a free fair --stupid,stupid me thought that maybe these small communities do something like this to give back. scratch
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:01 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
slider wrote:

I have never heard of a free fair --stupid,stupid me thought that maybe these small communities do something like this to give back. scratch

Since the Stockton prison is closed, they don't have inmates to do the clean-up work. They'll have to pay some local kids or some illegals to do it. Things will probably be a bit more expensive this year.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 am

slider wrote:
Roll'em up and smoke'em
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I always understood that a free fair meant there was no charge to enter projects into the judging aspect of the fair
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
I always understood that a free fair meant there was no charge to enter projects into the judging aspect of the fair

Yes sir Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!! That is exactly why they were called "Free Fairs" for years. I guess some always expect to be entertained for free all of the time.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

[quote="slider"]
LukeTHr wrote:
I guess some always expect to be entertained for free all of the time.[/i][/b]

Free healthcare. Free housing. Free education. Free food. Free gasoline. Free entertainment. Sounds like the outline of a BO campaign speech.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 pm

The Other One wrote:

Free healthcare. Free housing. Free education. Free food. Free gasoline. Free entertainment. Sounds like the outline of a BO campaign speech.

Blah, Blah, Blah ... More Republican "Talking Points" .... Sounds like a Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs pep rally.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm

slider wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:

Yes sir Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!! That is exactly why they were called "Free Fairs" for years. I guess some always expect to be entertained for free all of the time.

Hey fartface,where I come from ain't nothin "called" free......well the free STD clinic....oh and methadone clinic but that's about all Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... 572237
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:12 pm

slider wrote:
The Other One wrote:

Blah, Blah, Blah ... More Republican "Talking Points" .... Sounds like a Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs pep rally.

No I am pretty sure someone is referring to your dream orgy affraid
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:28 pm

It is a damn broken record on this Forum, where if someone difiles the "talking heads' that they are just a damn Democrat or someone looking for a handout. Well I hate to tell you this, but your opinion isn't always the right one and for that matter neither is mine but I have the right to say it just like you do.

I didn't vote for the current President and I didn't vote the other piss poor choice we had, I voted for Ron Paul, I know many on here will decry that I simply threw my vote away on a non-existant candidate. Neither one of the "choices" we had last November were worth a timker's damn, but we are stuck with Mr. Obama for the next four years, like it or not.

I pay my taxes just like everyone else on this Forum, I just wish that we all had Representatives that worked for our interests instead of lining their pockets with $$$$ from Big Business and Lobbyists to make them bastards richer everyday.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Let's guess the problem.......mine?
Corncob

....I mean my guess lol!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:30 pm

slider wrote:
just a Democrat or someone looking for a handout.

See. Don't you feel better getting that off your chest?

Like I told you before, there's nothing wrong with being democrat.

Holding that in wasn't good for you.

You'll sleep better tonight while waiting for your entitlements.

QUACK!
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
slider wrote:
just a Democrat or someone looking for a handout.

See. Don't you feel better getting that off your chest?

Like I told you before, there's nothing wrong with being democrat.

Holding that in wasn't good for you.

You'll sleep better tonight while waiting for your entitlements.

QUACK!

Nitro, you are just another lemming who just can't see the forest for the trees. Perfect example of the ones on this Forum who will simply belittle and A$$ume someone political affiliation because it doesn't fit their own views and Political beliefs.

For the record Nitro, I have been a Registered Independent all of my voting life. I simply do my research, select the candidate that I feel will do the best job whether they are a Democrat, Republican or of another Party Affliation. I don't believe entirely in either of the two parties platforms, and I disagree with many of the positions they take.

You can be an informed Independent Voter ... maybe some of you straight ticket Democrat or Republican Voters should use your fricken brains to think outside the "talking points" that most of you Straight Party Voters blindly follow. You might just like it!!

I work just like you, just not a fulltime job and I pay my taxes every year and don't complain about being unfairly taxed, I'm just in the vast majority that are being unfairly represented by the jackasses in Washington who are there just to line their pockets with Campaign Contributions for the wealthy and big business.

And for the record, the Republican Party has just as much blame for the mess that this Country is in. They had their part in bringing this Country to where it is today, those who choose to deny that are the ones who I feel the sorrow for. They are the ones that need to open their eyes and thake a long hard look in the mirror and admit they fucked this Country up as much as any of the Democrats!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:52 pm

It's ok, slider, it'll take a little getting used to.

Can't expect too much on your first day out of the closet.

BTW, who says I'm republican?
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Nitro ... screw you! The more you accuse the more you quack like a duck!!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Slider,.............you really couldn't be as miserable as you come off to be......do you need some human interaction????seriously. I love you
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: The "Cracker Jack School of Medicine" Strikes Again   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:49 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Slider,.............you really couldn't be as miserable as you come off to be......do you need some human interaction????seriously. I love you

Once again the "Chimp Squad Psychiatrists"ot this Forum are diagnosing my alledged personal health & mental problems. You guys never cease to amaze me, you can sure as hell quickly dispell so many prople that oppose your grand vision of how life should be and how we should all act and conform to your narrow code of life.

Thanks but no thanks, I'm a perfectly healthy, well balanced "Carbon Based Life Form" who doesn't need your Quack Diagnosis of my "lack of social interaction."

I survive quite fine living my life the way I see fit, it sure as hell is never going to conform to the twisted assed appraisals by the idiots on this Forum!!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:02 pm

slider wrote:
Nitro ... screw you! The more you accuse the more you quack like a duck!!

Second stage: Anger

We're here for ya buddy. You'll get through this.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:53 pm

I thought we were talking about the Rooks Cowndy Fair?
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm

I can remember spending wednesday afternoons at the Rooks Co Fair. They had armband afternoon on Wednesdays and I think we rode every ride 2 or 3 times. That was back when they had a nice carnival. I would like to see the demo derby on Saturday but won't make it up there this year.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:28 pm

slider wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:

Once again the "Chimp Squad Psychiatrists"ot this Forum are diagnosing my alledged personal health & mental problems. You guys never cease to amaze me, you can sure as hell quickly dispell so many prople that oppose your grand vision of how life should be and how we should all act and conform to your narrow code of life.

Thanks but no thanks, I'm a perfectly healthy, well balanced "Carbon Based Life Form" who doesn't need your Quack Diagnosis of my "lack of social interaction."

I survive quite fine living my life the way I see fit, it sure as hell is never going to conform to the twisted assed appraisals by the idiots on this Forum!!

Chimp Squad Psychiatrists??

OK... I just asked why the free fair costs money,I am not an idiot ,it says free-why the frack ain't it free ??And for sure I am not no fracking monkey.

PS... nice avatar
I has a bunny
real charming and bright Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... 3074
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Also before bed my fu*ks turned into fracks-thank you-I need to watch my F* bombs What a Face
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Hey Wilky you can still drop the "f" bomb just do something like this. FUCKFUCKITYFUCKFUCK
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
I thought we were talking about the Rooks Cowndy Fair?

Was untill slider screwed it up...
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 am

Chimps and monkeys are different-I know...just in case Rolling Eyes

**I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 am

Monkeys vs. chimps

What are the differences between a monkey and a chimpanzee?

Both chimpanzees and monkeys are primates, though monkeys are less closely related to people.

The main obvious difference between the two is that monkeys have tails; chimps do not. Monkees are structurally closer to four-legged animals like cats and dogs, while chimpanzees and other apes are more similar to human beings, both structurally and in terms of their level of intelligence and behavior. Apes have been observed to operate within a social structure and have even been taught to use sign language and to type.

Link, Lance Link, Secret Chimp
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:44 am

The Other One wrote:
slider wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
I guess some always expect to be entertained for free all of the time.[/i][/b]

We were talking about the "Free Fair" until this post, so don't blame this one on me!
Back to top Go down
BigDog

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Actually the rooks county free fair has a few "free" things to offer. They have a free hamburger feed. And I think they also have a free watermelon feed and free bingo too. There may be a few other things, but thats all I can think of right now. Even though its not all free, its definitely one of the best county fairs in the area.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Well that's alot of free stuff,nowadays ain't nothin free-a cup of ice,air for your tires??C'mon Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Well that's alot of free stuff,nowadays ain't nothin free-a cup of ice,air for your tires??C'mon Evil or Very Mad

You can get free air at Casey's in Hays .....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....   Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rooks Co. Free Fair ain't free at all....
Page 1 of 1