Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Color LASER Printer

Go down 
+7
slickjay12
luv2cook
edzeppelin
Ratzilla
Justoo
nitromaxx98
SciFi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Color LASER Printer Empty
PostSubject: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 pm

My dad's inkjet printer shitcanned on him. He has a B&W LASER printer but I suggested that he consider a color LASER printer to replace the inkjet since they are affordable now. I've been researching the reviews and am moving toward the direction of Dell. What do you folks think? Any experiences at work and/or home?
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Color LASER Printer 162874
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Still using an old Rorschach Inkblot Printer. tongue Don't make 'em like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:29 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
Color LASER Printer 162874
Received nothing, Nitro. Maybe browser problems, but I definitely welcome your input. -da
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm not up on newer printers but this may help you. I had good luck with HP inkjets, maybe their lasers are ok.

http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/testdrive/article.php/3521141
Back to top Go down
edzeppelin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 pm

The problem with Dell printers are the cartridges are only available through Dell. If you run out of ink in the middle of a print job,you can't just go out and get one.Besides I hear their printers are junk.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Yepper, thats a definite drawback for Dell's. I have HP printer and Im happy with it. In fact thats all Ive ever had with the exception of the one time I went el-cheapo and bought a Lexmark. WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 pm

My first printer back in the 90's was a Lexmark that was decent for that time. But over the years since the HP's I've used outperformed the Lexmarks all the time.
Back to top Go down
edzeppelin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:19 pm

With a Lexmark you can toss out the printer when the cartridges dry out. It's cheaper to buy a new printer than buy new cartridges in some cases.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:03 pm

edzeppelin wrote:
With a Lexmark you can toss out the printer when the cartridges dry out. It's cheaper to buy a new printer than buy new cartridges in some cases.

I have used Lexmark for years and never had a issue with the 2 I have owned in the last ten years
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Personally, I'm sold on HP printers. We've had an HP laser printer that we bought used that chugs along and really does a great job. I also have a friend that has a color laser from HP and he loves it. He's even used it to print photos. They don't turn out lab quality, but for most people, they are fine. You should probably look at reviews online. http://www.pcmag.com/ is a really good place to look for reviews or you could check the consumer reports site if you are a member.
Back to top Go down
lyric

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:19 pm

I had a Dell printer and was very happy with it until it quit working. You can buy some Dell ink cartridges at Wal-mart now. But I have to admit that HP printers are the way to go.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 pm

edzeppelin wrote:

That's a fact. The Lexmark ink is so expensive, and dries out in no time. We've had a 4 in 1 HP for the last year or so, and have had no problems with it. To buy the ink isn't all that much cheaper than the Lexmark, but it doesn't dry out like Lexmark did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Use a Panasonic KP1180 at work. Running solid since 1991.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 am

[quote="lyric"]I had a Dell printer and was very happy with it until it quit working.. I had a ford station wagon like that.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:14 am

Hp is all we ever had.
At work we had a Lexmark =crap. Now have a Brother that is a little better.

I would go HP. Accessible ink supplies. Industry leader in sales. Won the popularity contest.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 pm

suzyr wrote:
edzeppelin wrote:

That's a fact. The Lexmark ink is so expensive, and dries out in no time. We've had a 4 in 1 HP for the last year or so, and have had no problems with it. To buy the ink isn't all that much cheaper than the Lexmark, but it doesn't dry out like Lexmark did.
That was exactly what he had issues with. He was pissed because he spent $80 on a new color and a black and white cartridge then the damn thing didn't work. I worked with it all I could but to no avail. Just the way inkjets are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Color LASER Printer   Color LASER Printer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Color LASER Printer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: Local Discussions-
Jump to: