Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Armed Robbery

Go down 
+17
plowboy
The Other One
jessks75
Owlg8tr
Degeneration X
Justoo
zbounce
LukeTHr
SlumberGirl
cobra_kel
slickjay12
luv2cook
nitromaxx98
CelticDragon
nobodysbusiness
doodlevw
bg0308
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 pm

PLS Loan Store( By Kwich Shop) was just robbed at gunpoint. Clerk was struck in the head with weapon. All they know so far is that its 2 males, one black and 1 female.
Back to top Go down
doodlevw
doodlevw

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm watching out the window and they are still there.
Back to top Go down
doodlevw
doodlevw

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Does anyone know if cobrakel is alright?
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:05 pm

If that's the clerk then they took her to HMC
Back to top Go down
doodlevw
doodlevw

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Ya, she must have run over there for help. It was her taken by ambulance.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Hope she is ok!
Back to top Go down
doodlevw
doodlevw

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Her car is still there and I haven't seen her yet. I think the owner may be there
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:10 pm

bg0308 wrote:
All they know so far is that its 2 males, one black and 1 female.

Hmmmm??? Not sure what that means.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 pm

CelticDragon wrote:
bg0308 wrote:
All they know so far is that its 2 males, one black and 1 female.

Hmmmm??? Not sure what that means.

3 suspects. 2 males, 1 female. One male was black.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Great, now its come to armed robbery here in Hays. Neutral Hope cobrakel is ok.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm

I hope she is ok too.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 pm

I wonder if the 2 tweakers that were in our store yesterday were involved?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Doodle do you have her phone number??
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Number of posts : 86

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:11 pm

I just got released from the hospital. Had some staples in my head and I am really shook up, but I will be okay. I've never been so scared! Thank you everyone for your concern. Thank God I am alive.....
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:12 pm

cobra_kel wrote:
I just got released from the hospital. Had some staples in my head and I am really shook up, but I will be okay. I've never been so scared! Thank you everyone for your concern. Thank God I am alive.....

Sorry but thanks for the update sweetie IF you need anything let us know
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:13 pm

I don't have a cell phone now. The robbers took it and destroyed it.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Glad you're ok, cobra_kel! cheers
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:15 pm

cobra_kel wrote:
I don't have a cell phone now. The robbers took it and destroyed it.

go see nitro at the PHONE DEPOT
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:17 pm

The police were in wondering if our security camera caught anything, but it's out back.

Did they get away, cobra?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:17 pm

did they catch the fuckers yet cobra_kel?
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:25 pm

No they haven't caught them.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Wow, CobraKel, glad to hear you are okay. That's some scary stuff there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Do you have a description?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:07 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Great, now its come to armed robbery here in Hays. Neutral Hope cobrakel is ok.

as the economy continues downward, stuff like this will probably happen more often.

glad you're ok kel.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:10 pm

So glad that you are doing better. Hopefully they catch these people soon!
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Thank you to all for your concerns. I believe all three had guns. I was face down on the ground, so unable to give good descriptions. One of them smacked me in the head with the gun but I stayed conscience. Got 4 staples to my head and a hell of a headache, but I will be fine. Need tequila!!!!!
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:13 pm

cobra_kel wrote:
Thank you to all for your concerns. I believe all three had guns. I was face down on the ground, so unable to give good descriptions. One of them smacked me in the head with the gun but I stayed conscience. Got 4 staples to my head and a hell of a headache, but I will be fine. Need tequila!!!!!

Makes you wonder why they choose your place. There is not a quick clear escape route from there
Back to top Go down
zbounce
Rookie
Rookie
zbounce

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:15 pm

drinks on me
Armed Robbery 364910
Back to top Go down
http://www.scarecrowstone.com
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:54 pm

cobra_kel wrote:

Armed Robbery Vida_premium_tequila

Hope this helps. You gonna have a headache tomorrow either way.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Its good to hear your ok cobrakel. Yeah I was quite surprised about robbers picking a location like that. Hopefully they catch those fuckers that did this.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:58 am

Relieved that "she" is alive and ok at home. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 am

cobra_kel wrote:
Are you serious?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 am

jessks75 wrote:
cobra_kel wrote:
Are you serious?

No, she's kidding. They've already been caught and executed.

Of course they haven't been caught. It's Hays. If the perps are friends or relatives of a cop or highway patrolman, it won't matter anyway.
Back to top Go down
plowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 212

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:39 am

Do you know that for a fact?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:43 am

The Other One wrote:
jessks75 wrote:
cobra_kel wrote:
Are you serious?

Of course they haven't been caught. It's Hays. If the perps are friends or relatives of a cop or highway patrolman, it won't matter anyway.

Too bad they didn't run to their getaway car with an open beer or smoke a cigarette in the store. They'd be in jail for sure. Smile

There have been lots of robberies in this county before and some pretty wild encounters leading to captures and even dead suspects. But no matter where it happens some will get away. Unless they do something that's not politically correct like leaving the designated beer drinking area at Octslobberfest with an open container. Then the dragnet shows no mercy.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:55 pm

The Other One wrote:
jessks75 wrote:
cobra_kel wrote:
Are you serious?

smartass!
Back to top Go down
bg0308
Rookie
Rookie
bg0308

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:19 pm

They probably would've been caught if they were driving drunk, or if they were minors drinking alcohol.

I respect cops but I think our need to get their DUI/MIP/MIC rampage out of there head. More of this is going to go on, and since that accident was on I-70 they probably thought it was the best time to do something like this. Hopefully the detectives will do a lot of fingerprinting and step up their A-Game... we don't need this going on in this town.

We just bought a another new 9mm... hope no one decides to pick our house to break into... they won't make it out alive.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Gotta truly love our local newspaper. Not a word one about this in this mornings paper. I honestly don't know why they even bother to print one.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 pm

bg0308 wrote:
They probably would've been caught if they were driving drunk, or if they were minors drinking alcohol.

I respect cops but I think our need to get their DUI/MIP/MIC rampage out of there head. More of this is going to go on, and since that accident was on I-70 they probably thought it was the best time to do something like this. Hopefully the detectives will do a lot of fingerprinting and step up their A-Game... we don't need this going on in this town.

We just bought a another new 9mm... hope no one decides to pick our house to break into... they won't make it out alive.

DUI/MIP/MIC = $$$$$$$ But they only catch a small fraction of them. Funny thing is the youngest drinkers and drug users aren't being caught because they are not driving.

My preference for home defense is a military shotgun full of slugs. I've always been a believer in peace through superior firepower.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:52 pm

jessks75 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
jessks75 wrote:
cobra_kel wrote:
Are you serious?

smartass!

Maybe, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
cobra_kel
cobra_kel

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I am still in alot of pain today. Hardly slept last night. CT scan was negative, I am so grateful. My only daughter will be arriving back in Hays today and I am sure that will boost my spirits. I'm gonna hug her like I never have before....
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:10 pm

cobra_kel wrote:
I am still in alot of pain today. Hardly slept last night. CT scan was negative, I am so grateful. My only daughter will be arriving back in Hays today and I am sure that will boost my spirits. I'm gonna hug her like I never have before....

not to suggest it may have made a difference but maybe you might consider a firearm for the store
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
bg0308 wrote:

DUI/MIP/MIC = $$$$$$$ But they only catch a small fraction of them. Funny thing is the youngest drinkers and drug users aren't being caught because they are not driving.

My preference for home defense is a military shotgun full of slugs. I've always been a believer in peace through superior firepower.

I keep a Taurus 357mag loaded with 158grain Black Talons. The gun carries seven and also have 2 speed loaders with seven each.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:09 pm

They'll probably get caught by flappin' they're jaws,it's a small town and people talk too much What a Face
IF they are from around here....................
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:55 pm

cobra_kel wrote:

You're typing coherently. That's a very good sign. Just try to stay relaxed and you'll be over the worst by tomorrow.

wilky.... I doubt they were locals. Armed robberies in big cities usually are, but I think most of those types here are coming off the Interstate.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:06 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
I keep a Taurus 357mag loaded with 158grain Black Talons. The gun carries seven and also have 2 speed loaders with seven each.

That's a nice very effective selection, but I still like my slugs. Both rounds are destructive. The Talon causes severe bleeding and tears things up, but the slug is like being hit with a sledge hammer, tends to go clear through, and causes deadly trauma to any nearby organs. I made my pick after reading trauma room treatments for various gunshot wounds. The article stated that no specific plan was in effect for a body shot with a 12 ga. slug because they are almost never survivable.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:44 pm

I would LOVE to have a gun!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 pm

jessks75 wrote:

Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:34 pm

jessks75 wrote:

i got a great gun for sale that would be perfect for you Jess. It is a CZ75 in 380acp. I perfect little round for woman home protection
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:03 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
I perfect little round for woman home protection

Are you implying that Jess couldnt handle the likes of an S&W 500? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armed Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armed Robbery   Armed Robbery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armed Robbery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next