Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

International Space Station Shitter...............

Go down 
+2
Ratzilla
slickjay12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

International Space Station Shitter............... Empty
PostSubject: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Is backed up

LINK

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) — The bathroom lines at the already crowded space shuttle and space station complex got a lot longer Sunday because of a flooded toilet. affraid
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Be a bad time for a wave of stomach flu. I wonder if there's turds floating around out there others previously flushed out? Unidentified Fecal Objects.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 pm

How could you take a piss and shit in space? If you pissed wouldn't it float up and hit you in the face and wouldn't your turds just float out of the bowl?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:34 pm

I think there's a vaccum to it. Now if that device breaks they'll really be up shit creek.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:40 pm

I think the solid waste is packaged up and shipped back down to earth and if memory serves me correctly, the urine is recycled and purified back into useable drinking water.
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
I think the solid waste is packaged up and shipped back down to earth and if memory serves me correctly, the urine is recycled and purified back into useable drinking water.
International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:58 pm

LukeTHr wrote:

USA Today wrote:
As long as Endeavour is docked to the space station, it cannot eject any waste water. The nozzle is located near the newly installed porch on the Japanese lab; the attach mechanisms for experiments could corrode if sprayed by water.

I had heard of the idea of recycling pee water though. Add a special tang to their Tang.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 am

Degeneration X wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 912833 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732 International Space Station Shitter............... 733732

surely you knew it is possible to purify water to that degree...... all cities sewer water is purified to a drinkable state before it can be released either back into the streams, or like Hays does, use it to water all the ballfields.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:14 am

Actually Luke, when we rebuilt the sewer plant I asked the inspector that stopped by every few days about that and he said it was only partly true about treated sewer water being drinkable. He said it only had to be good enough for fish to drink. Though I'm sure it's still no worse than old cemetaries seeping into in our drinking supply.

The space station recycling would go through filters and be chemically treated well beyond a typical city sewers capabilities. Probably be more pure than what we drink out of our faucets if the truth were known.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

I was of the understanding that standard requirements now are so high that it has to be clean enough for human consumption.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Nothing been changed in Ellis since the reconstruction in the early 80's that I know of. It all still looks like we built it.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:41 pm

It was majorly rebuilt in the mid 90's. the old imhoff tank and trickler ponds have been gone for ages.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Rebuilt in the early 80's or sometime in the 90's?

I don't know who to believe. Your both pretty old.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:14 pm

I don't hang out at the sewer so I'll take Lukes word for it that it was redone after I worked on it. But I still won't drink it.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Well I finally went down and looked and didn't realize they changed so much. The new buildings keep you from seeing where the old stuff was unless you go look at the backside. I knew there was talk of doing something with the sprinkler tanks, but for some reason I never remember hearing about a complete makeover and can't remember ever seeing construction going on. Guess I don't get down there much.

But Luke, you're still welcome to the first taste. I'm afraid it's going to be hard to convince me that water once full of pee, crap, puke, chemicals, bloody infected substances, and other things in various states of putrefication would be good to drink. Just thinking of who all has taken baths in that water is bad enough. pale
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Ratzilla wrote:

But Luke, you're still welcome to the first taste. I'm afraid it's going to be hard to convince me that water once full of pee, crap, puke, chemicals, bloody infected substances, and other things in various states of putrefication would be good to drink. Just thinking of who all has taken baths in that water is bad enough. pale
So in this case, what's "effluent water?" I know it's an outflow of a river, sewer, sewage system etc. . . There used to be a Hays city pickup truck that came by to take care of a small park. It carried a tank in the bed marked as "Effluent Water" which they used to water the plants. I haven't seen the pickup in quite a while. Where did that effluent water come from? I always assumed that it was processed water from sewage.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Yeah SciFi, that's what it is.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 pm

effluent water is the final cleaned and treated water product that comes out of a sewer plant.

No Rat, I think I will pass on that first taste.....

There is a joke in Ellis and Wakeeney. maybe even Schoenchen...... it goes like this...

"FLUSH TWICE, HAYS NEEDS THE WATER"....
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Wasn't that many years ago in Schoenchen that they said pass me dat Searce cat-log, I'm headin out back fer da chitter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Space Station Shitter...............   International Space Station Shitter............... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Space Station Shitter...............
Page 1 of 1