Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:38 am

Probably around midnight in the Southern sky. It was very bright like a welders arc, and moving very slowly compared to most meteorites. It went from West to East and then just disappeared. At first I thought it was a plane just South of town with a bright light because of the size and speed. It looked as big as a street light from a few blocks away. Maybe space junk coming in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:53 am

That was me. Didnt mean to bother ya.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:13 pm

maybe a UFO???
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Not a UFO as in green aliens, but I suppose unidentified as in whether it was a meteorite or man made junk. It looked alot like a bright bluish white roman candle shot but it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
Not a UFO as in green aliens, but I suppose unidentified as in whether it was a meteorite or man made junk. It looked alot like a bright bluish white roman candle shot but it wasn't.
Wish I would have seen it no matter what was burning. Many moons ago, I had a party out in the country to watch the Perseids in August. A keg of Bud on ice, lots of lawn chairs, lots of people, a clear sky and no moon. It was a blast, and a very good showing in the sky. Man that beer was good.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Yeah I always like meteor showers, comets, eclipses, whatever. The universe puts on a great show sometimes.

Remember the photon torpedo shots on the original Star Trek before they fancied them up? That's kinda how this looked only bright blue/white. One of the coolest atmospheric entries I've seen in some time.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Wishing I would have see it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?   Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did anyone see an unusually good metorite fall?
Page 1 of 1