Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Farrah's Story

Go down 
+4
suzyj
jessks75
lisav
luv2cook
8 posters
AuthorMessage
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Farrah''s Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:16 pm

I dont know if any of you watched this Friday night but I missed it. I was thankful to be able to watch it online. It's very good. Terribly sad but I admire her for doing this. Anyway you can watch the whole thing here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30773564#30773564
Back to top Go down
lisav
Rookie
Rookie
lisav

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:51 am

I cried like a baby, so brave of her to show the real ugly side of cancer, those who haven't gone through it, on either side, have no idea.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:56 am

wow, thanks for posting!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:15 am

I was a bawlin', too, Lisa. How brave of her to record this. Thinking about the very end of the show, with Redmond, my eyes well up today.

It was run on WE TV yesterday, too. I couldn't watch it again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:30 pm

lisav wrote:
I cried like a baby, so brave of her to show the real ugly side of cancer.

There's a pretty side?

Don't fret too much ladies. Serious illness is a cool thing in Hollywood circles. It's not like having a divorce or drug addiction revealed. As tough as it is for her she's making the most of it like a true celebrity. Call me an asshole if you want, but it's true. The book and movie deals are probably already being negotiated.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Always the cynic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Asshole, not for any reason, just because i want to.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:08 pm

suzyr wrote:
Always the cynic.

Just realistic. I remember not so long ago that Farrah had her own show on in which she didn't come off that sweetly at times. This tends to erase that image.

I'm sympathetic as she has had a tough struggle, and it is admirable for her to allow herself to be filmed through all of it. But I know how Hollywood minds work, and this is a golden opportunity not only for boosting her public image, but for future revenues both for her and charities she will no doubt endorse.

So maybe I'm a cynic, or maybe I just have seen enough tragic things to look at the whole picture. Besides that, I'm an old school male. I don't tend to look at things with my emotions.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Ratz did you even watch it? Honestly Im not a fan of hers, but I think if you watched this you may change your mind regarding her.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:37 pm

I watched it yes. Like I said, I'm not unsympathetic. But she is a star, and stars crave the big performance. It's not really slamming her actions, it's just how I expect Hollywood to be.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:51 pm

She is no better nor any different than anyone else. She is sick, but so are millions of regular people in this world. Just because she is or once was famous at one time does not make her any more "special" than a bag lady with Cancer living on the street.

Just trying to use her fame to publisize her misfortune and milk the public for large amounts in donations to her soon to be announced Farrah Fawcett Foundation to fight Cancer in her memory. We all have our crosses to bear in life and the vast majority choose to bear that cross in private, not by whoring themselves out to the media to rake in donations or to glean fake symphathy from her fans that abondoned her a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Look if her little documentary brings in money to fight this kind of cancer Im 100% for it. My 45 year old brother-in-law had the same thing and it killed him in 5 months flat and left my sister a widow with 6 children. More power to her for using her "star status" if it helps raise money for a cure for this insidious disease. cheers

Last edited by luv2cook on Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:12 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Look if her little documentary brings in money to fight this kind of cancer Im 100% for it. My 45 year old brother-in-law had the same thing and it killed him in 5 months flat and left my sister a widow with 6 children. More power to her for using her "star status" if it helps raise money for a cure for this insidious disease.

exactly cheers
Back to top Go down
Rog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 485

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
suzyr wrote:
Always the cynic.

and this is a golden opportunity not only for boosting her public image, but for future revenues both for her and charities she will no doubt endorse.

So maybe I'm a cynic, or maybe I just have seen enough tragic things to look at the whole picture.

What tragic things could you have possibly seen that turned you off from charitable works altogether? I too have seen some shit and yet i plod on.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Who said I was against charity? I never did. But Slider is right on one thing. If Farrah survives all this she'll be the belle of many a ball, where the bag lady with the same cancer will be buried in a plain pine box without anyone at the funeral.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:36 pm

There is no surviving this cancer. She'll be dead within the next 60 days. Id put money on it. Ratz you are always entitled to your opinion and I can understand where you are coming from. That being said, it has always been that the wealthy and the famous have better access to everything and Ive just learned to go with it cause it will never change and theres no point in driving myself crazy trying to fight it ya know?
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:37 pm

I don't see it as an exploitation for money or fame but she's using her noteriety to bring the fight to the forefront, i think anyone who has been there first hand would agree.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:15 am

Like I've said about 4 times now, I'm not slamming Farrah, or charities. I've heard actors before say that everything in life becomes playing a role, about being in the spotlight. I was just pointing out that this, plus the fact that charities will likely benefit makes her tragedy less tragic than most who just die unnoticed.

She's had fame, fortune, and for a time was America's #1 sex symbol. If she dies from it she will go out seen as a courageous star. The bag lady who only knew misery will just go out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farrah's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farrah's Story   Farrah's Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farrah's Story
Page 1 of 1