Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

How do YOU make crispy hash browns?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kasey

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-04-01

How do YOU make crispy hash browns? Empty
PostSubject: How do YOU make crispy hash browns?   How do YOU make crispy hash browns? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:59 pm

I visit this website almost daily. It's great for meal ideas. Simply Recipes

The debate usually begins like this.

ME: Dad, how do you make your hash browns turn out so crispy? They're so good.
DAD: Use a potato ricer. It's the only thing I've found that really gets the moisture out of the potatoes. The trick to these hash browns is to get rid of as much moisture as possible before cooking them.
MOM: I always used paper towels to press out the moisture.
DAD: Your hash browns are mushy.
MOM: I made this family hash browns for forty years and you never complained. They're perfectly fine.
DAD: They were mushy.
MOM: You ate them!
DAD: Yes I did. And they were mushy.
(and the debate continues as I quietly leave the room.)

Mom's hash browns are mushy. Tasty, edible, yummy, but still mushy. They aren't as good as dad's, and that is just a fact. Here's how dad makes his hash browns.
Back to top Go down
zeke
Rookie
Rookie
zeke

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU make crispy hash browns?   How do YOU make crispy hash browns? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm

thats funny stuff, only a couple that has been together that long could argue that way. have to check out the site later
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU make crispy hash browns?   How do YOU make crispy hash browns? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:36 pm

the trick to crispy has browns is this......... boil the potatos with the skins on first. Then drain them and allow them to cool. Once they are cooled off use the backside of a butterknife blade to peel them and after that you shred them. Finally you cook them to a nice golden brown . Ta-da !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU make crispy hash browns?   How do YOU make crispy hash browns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do YOU make crispy hash browns?
Page 1 of 1