Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies

Go down 
+3
Justoo
wilkykav2
jtwice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jtwice
jtwice

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Empty
PostSubject: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:33 pm

We now have a turtle and our in need of aquariam, basking rock, etc. Please send me a message if you are selling any of these items!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Congrats on the turtle!!!!I have one and I love him I love you
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:46 pm

How much do you want to spend on a rock?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:09 pm

I found my rock for my guy,we went to Denver several times last summer when he was just a baby and I found him the perfect river rocks outside our hotel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jtwice
jtwice

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:27 pm

He is a painted turtle. We are still finding out what we need. Any suggestions on food? We found a rock for him, thanks wiklykav2 Smile I was originally thinking of a snakes heated rock, but probably not so kosher in water!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:55 pm

how big is he??I just feed mine turtle sticks from dillons or walmart,and I did buy him a tiny tetra fish to see if he liked it.....took him like a week but he chowed it.my guy is little still,he needs a bigger aquarium .i learned all about them online,just look around there and I'll try to help ya if you need it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:09 am

Quote :
We found a rock for him

So much for my retirement plans.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:34 am

Is he as cute as these? They like to snack on fingers and small pets. Smile

Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Snapturtle
Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Alligator-snapper-mullet
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:42 pm

You can feed them the sticks you buy at walmart. If you get to a bigger city and can get to a PetSmart or Petco, they have tons of stuff. If you can swing it you'll want an aquarium with a hood. When we had our turtle (also a painted) we got a floating basking rock, and she hung out on there a lot so that she could be close to the light in the hood. A submersible heater will keep the water warm. I had my turtle for over 5 years, until I had to find her a new home... so if you have more questions, I might be able to help!
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:19 am

I had a pet snapper once. I fed it fish on a wire at first till he got used to me then fed him fish by hand after that. Before winter dad said I should release it so I took him and let him go in Big Creek. He didn't bother to say goodbye, just shot off like a rocket into the water when he realized he was home and free.

An interesting note, the unverified record for a snapper was a 403-pound alligator snapping turtle supposedly found in the Neosho River in Kansas in 1937. Hate to go noodling for cats and reach into his mouth under a bank.
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:51 am

Nitro had a turtle named Bah for years - we fed him plain old fishing worms, I believe. (Nitro didn't C-Man come up with that name?)
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:59 am

Yup. At the time, he was a man of few words. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jtwice
jtwice

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:02 pm

I found this guy in our driveway. He is about 3" side to side and maybe 4" from head to tail measuring by shell. I was suprised to hear he was a water turtle being there isn't a creek around our house but he seems to like hanging in the water.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Land turtles that I'm familiar with have rounded shells kind of shaped like an army helmet. Water turtles have flatter streamlined shells.

Here's one of the biggest snappers photographed. Named Big Bill, he was around 220 pounds. The Tennessee Aquarium has/had one at about 250.

Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Big_bill_largest_alligator_snapping_turtle
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:26 am

Big Bill's original keeper. He was going back to visit Big Bill in this photo.

Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Fugitive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies   Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted aquarium and turtle supplies
Page 1 of 1