Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Could it be Karma ????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Could it be Karma ???? Empty
PostSubject: Could it be Karma ????   Could it be Karma ???? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 am

When I read this article I thought to myself, "It must be Karma...". Someone else may see it as irony or perhaps even poetic justice. Either way I found it quite amusing.

Drywall suspicions complete family's perfect storm of misery

Quote :
Both were laid off about a year ago by Countrywide Bank, where they were mortgage loan originators. Joe Consolo is now a restaurant manager.

Also, the nation's housing crisis hit their home. Purchased for $528,000, it has recently been appraised for $280,000. Trying to get out from under a bad investment, they went to their bank to do a short sale.

"The value had decreased so much, we were throwing money out the window," Alana Consolo said.

But as people in that line of business one would think they would have seen this coming.

Quote :
Two offers for $250,000 and $255,000 were rejected. So, they made a business decision: They stopped paying their mortgage and declared bankruptcy.

The Consolos are now three months behind in their payments. They're not sure yet if foreclosure is in their future, but they don't think it will be easy to sell a house that's had drywall issues.

And now they are just compunding the national problem by walking away from their responsibilities. No wonder this country is so messed up.
Back to top Go down

Could it be Karma ????
Page 1 of 1