Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

States consider drug tests for welfare recipients

Go down 
+12
nitromaxx98
Owlg8tr
Justoo
Ratzilla
fescue
jessks75
CountryGirl
BigBadBeast
slickjay12
supermom75
suzyj
wilkykav2
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Empty
PostSubject: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Good idea or bad idea??I think it's a good idea Twisted Evil -Kansas is included

LINK
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:28 pm

I think it's a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Good!
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:18 pm

I am all for it
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Fantastic! I'm all for public assistance for those truly in need. If you can afford to get high you must not be in need.

May as well test for alcohol and nicotine as well. Even though it's legal doesn't mean you should spend my money for it.

I know being poor sucks and you really don't want to be sober for it, but if your spending my money you better damned well be trying to get your shit together.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:58 pm

BigBadBeast wrote:
Fantastic! I'm all for public assistance for those truly in need. If you can afford to get high you must not be in need.

May as well test for alcohol and nicotine as well. Even though it's legal doesn't mean you should spend my money for it.

I know being poor sucks and you really don't want to be sober for it, but if your spending my money you better damned well be trying to get your shit together.

i'm not on welfare but do receive social security benefits...i'm poor...i also receive WIC for my child...does that mean i don't have my shit together...i have chosen to be a stay at home mom for my son...believe me i would love 2 get off the govt money, but why should i spend about half or more of what i make on day care when i can stay home w/ my child...also as u have noticed the job market is not the greatest out there & being confined to a wheelchair, there are not many options available...believe me it's still sad when i can go apply for any type of secretarial position, i'm more than not likely qualified to their company standards...yeah i can file papers, type, answer the telephone, etc., but i guess them sitting on their ass in a chair all damn day is somehow different than me being in one 24-7...sorry for the rant...this shit just pisses me off & i start to get on my high horse about this stuff...again, SORRY
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:20 pm

CountryGirl wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

i'm not on welfare but do receive social security benefits...i'm poor...i also receive WIC for my child...does that mean i don't have my shit together...i have chosen to be a stay at home mom for my son...believe me i would love 2 get off the govt money, but why should i spend about half or more of what i make on day care when i can stay home w/ my child...also as u have noticed the job market is not the greatest out there & being confined to a wheelchair, there are not many options available...believe me it's still sad when i can go apply for any type of secretarial position, i'm more than not likely qualified to their company standards...yeah i can file papers, type, answer the telephone, etc., but i guess them sitting on their ass in a chair all damn day is somehow different than me being in one 24-7...sorry for the rant...this shit just pisses me off & i start to get on my high horse about this stuff...again, SORRY

have any of them hired a LESS qualified person to do job job you interviewed for? If they have you may have them on discrimination charges
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:26 pm

well, 4 example. i've applied at NEW 3 different times & they have told me each time that i didn't meet their qualifications, but i worked at SYKES 4 3yrs...didn't realized that directv systems is more complicated than computers, networking, software, printers, etc
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm

CountryGirl wrote:
well, 4 example. i've applied at NEW 3 different times & they have told me each time that i didn't meet their qualifications, but i worked at SYKES 4 3yrs...didn't realized that directv systems is more complicated than computers, networking, software, printers, etc

We worked at SYKES at the same time. I was told when I was LET GO I was blacked listed with them. I wonder if NEW kept the same black list
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:37 pm

i quit SYKES b4 they could fired me LOL
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 pm

I say drug test who they want. People are smart and will get around that too. People that want to get high will do what it takes to get that way. If they cant get their money through SRS then they will end up doing something else. Killing and robbing for example. I know some people are out there to SCREW the SRS system, no way to totally pick out everyone though. I guess if they told everyone... Yes, you can apply for Cash Assistance, but you will be drug tested, those that use mildly would think twice about it. I think it would be funny for the STATES to pay for these test and not have to many people come up dirty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Even if you can beat the system ....public assistance is living poor by any standards. I feel for people who aren't physically able to work but the ones that are able bodied and capable of working will get no pity from me. Test em and cut them off the public dole!
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:09 am

we better make sure they dont buy Beer with this money as well!!! Any one got any ideas how we would put a stop to that?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:11 am

jessks75 wrote:
we better make sure they dont buy Beer with this money as well!!! Any one got any ideas how we would put a stop to that?

make them lose there benefits if they use them to by beer or smokes
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 am

how will you know?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:14 am

the stores would have to enforce the issue and call the cops
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:16 am

They can get their money off a card, spend it how they wish...for NOW......how will you tell then? The stores wont be able to hunt down everyone. They dont get paid enough!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:17 am

The stores don't have the time to agree w/ that theyr'e in it for $$$they aren't gonna help
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:21 am

jessks75 wrote:
They can get their money off a card, spend it how they wish...for NOW......how will you tell then? The stores wont be able to hunt down everyone. They dont get paid enough!

they should stop that shit right now. I thought you could not get cash off the card
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:24 am

Yup, you sure can. Get money at dillions.........Spend ANYWHERE you want!!!!
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 am

my daughters dad works as an exec. at victorias secret in New York City(Mahattan) and i have been trying 2 get child support 4 3 yrs. & I have not been able to get it cause he keeps moving around..........well I get cash because of that and wherever they take EBT or an ATM i can spend it on whatever I want
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 am

Substance abuse is often why someone goes on state aid. Test them and give them a couple months to become clean or they get dropped.

Beer and cigarettes? If I had to give up both at the same time I think immediate collapse and death from total failure of all bodily systems would settle the issue.

Last edited by Ratzilla on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:47 am

Sounds like a dependency issue Ratz. You will have to get this resolved before we release any of Wilky's money for your backhoe.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 am

NEW,...acronym = Nothing Ever Works
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
my daughters dad works as an exec. at victorias secret in New York City(Mahattan) and i have been trying 2 get child support 4 3 yrs. & I have not been able to get it cause he keeps moving around..........well I get cash because of that and wherever they take EBT or an ATM i can spend it on whatever I want
Ive been trying to get Child support from my oldest kiddos DAD. He owes me 40,000!!!! Why dont I get it, cause he is a low life that cant hold a job, or works under the table. Have I used CASH assistance YES I have!!! Better give me a drug test!!!!
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:00 am

Get in line
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 am

fescue .........Id give you or anyone esle a damn drug test right now!!!. Like I have freaking money to buy drugs. Also Im not using CASH assistance at this moment. But let me tell you what,if I happen to lose my job because of the stupid ecomony Id be the first in line to apply for it. And Id be the first in line to give them a drug test as well!
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:24 am

CountryGirl wrote:
BigBadBeast wrote:

First, welfare programs differ from social security. Also WIC is income based, so even low income working families get it. As for you specifically, I understand your challenges in getting employment, I have a few good friends confined to wheelchairs and they have a rough time getting employeed as well.

If you are boozing it up buying smokes or are on drugs then hell yes you shouldn't get my money. I work 80+ hours a week and no one deserves to use a portion of that to blow for drugs unless they are getting enough to take care of my investment permanently.

Finally, if you are truly seeking employment as you have stated then I commend you and find you deserving of benefits. If you are simply "choosing" to stay home as you have also stated because you would rather use my money to pay for your life than use your own to pay for childcare then I find that loathsome.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am

Maybe I should swallow my pride and sign up for some of this assistance. At least then I might have some money left at the end of the month. Do they test for ibuprofen?
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am

Forgot another point.. Don't blame the economy for the lack of finding a job in the area. Unemployment is still below 4% in the region and the area is still experiencing a rural exodus which leaves it low. Cost of living is also next to nothing here.

I just moved from Ohio where unemployment was over 10%, cost of living was twice that of this area and they were losing more jobs in a year than Hays has in total. I have also lived in 31 cities in 11 states that range from Dallas, TX to Stephens, AR so trust that I have a pretty broad spectrum of references to pull from.
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:07 am

jessks75 wrote:
wilkykav2 wrote:
Ive been trying to get Child support from my oldest kiddos DAD. He owes me 40,000!!!! Why dont I get it, cause he is a low life that cant hold a job, or works under the table. Have I used CASH assistance YES I have!!! Better give me a drug test!!!!
****And,this money gets paid back once the child support order gets done,which seems to never happen scratch nevermind Shocked
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am

They take such a small percentage, it's not even missed. But, getting the order enforced, is the biggest problem.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am

suzyr wrote:
They take such a small percentage, it's not even missed. But, getting the order enforced, is the biggest problem.

After 12.5 years, mine finally started rolling in. $26.59 per week after SRS's share. cheers
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 am

jessks75 wrote:
how will you know?

Just keep following the course we are on, at the rate we have been going the government will know what color and texture your #2 was this morning.

Or just kill cash systems and mandate that it all be used on a debit. As it it used in many areas already you cannot used food stamps to purchase prepared foods. There would essentially be no difference.

Here's a fun one... Our state and national probationary systems do regular testing, councilling and visiting of offenders at their offices and offenders residences. WHEN we decriminalize marijuana why not just shift those peoples responsibilities to enforcing social monetary services. Many of the people on probation are first time minor drug offenders. So save jobs and help get people off government programs without spending any additional money in the process, sound like a win?
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am

nitromaxx98 wrote:
suzyr wrote:

After 12.5 years, mine finally started rolling in. $26.59 per week after SRS's share. cheers

Are you kidding me? Roughly $115/month. Ridiculous! She must not make much money per week, for that to be the order. She'll be paying a long time on the arrears. SRS took 2% as reimbursement, which is what I was told was the standard for repayment to the state, when I finally started receiving child support payments 15 years ago, only after my son's dad was put in the pokey for non-payment.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 am

I wish they'd put my ex in jail for non-payment. I asked Lee Fishers office once if they could just get him and throw his ass in the slammer. One lady told me. WELL you'll never get money if he is in jail. Im like WTF!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:56 am

The original order was for$100 per month plus half of daycare as I did not want it as a source of income, but as a college savings account for our son. Some years ago she was found in contempt of court for failure to pay. The judge left the decision to me wether or not to have her thrown in jail. I chose not to because she had a daughter by another man and doing so would have been detrimental to the welfare of the girl since her dad was a bigger deadbeat than my ex. Good news is I get her tax refund and part of her stimulus $$.
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 pm

If my ex wuold file taxes i would get his too! He wont do it cause he knows the money is coming to me. he is a LOSER in a true sense!!!!
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Aw ,....the decline of western civilization.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 pm

jessks75 wrote:
If my ex wuold file taxes i would get his too! He wont do it cause he knows the money is coming to me. he is a LOSER in a true sense!!!!
You know how to pick em
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 pm

fescue wrote:
jessks75 wrote:
You know how to pick em
I guess I do!!!! Thanks for your jerkoff point of view!!!!
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

jessks75 wrote:

by law he has to file, no matter what. hell, they put Al Capone away for not filing and not paying
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:30 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Beer and cigarettes? If I had to give up both at the same time I think immediate collapse and death from total failure of all bodily systems would settle the issue.

Justoo wrote:
Sounds like a dependency issue Ratz. You will have to get this resolved before we release any of Wilky's money for your backhoe.

Yeah, but I could do jobs with it to pay for the dependancies and dig deep holes for Wilky to get rid of annoying neighbors and relatives in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 am

LukeTHr wrote:
jessks75 wrote:

by law he has to file, no matter what. hell, they put Al Capone away for not filing and not paying
I would safely say that he doesnt care about the law. Hell he doesnt even care about his children, much less the law!!! I'm waiting for the day it all catches up with him, and it will!
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:09 am

Funny how nobody is calling for recipients of corporate welfare (a.k.a. "bailouts") to be drug tested.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:52 am

Saw somebody on Fox news calling for just that.
Corporate or private welfare should be treated the same was their stand.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:58 am

Aw the proletariat and Busuasie.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Bighead wrote:
Funny how nobody is calling for recipients of corporate welfare (a.k.a. "bailouts") to be drug tested.

Now you know that only white trash and minorities use drugs. Just ask Stoney Limbaugh.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Rushie has multiple forged Prescriptions for numerous bottles of Oxycontin and gets caught and gets a slap on the wrist, let an average citizen get caught with the same amount of forged Prescriptions and pills and it is Leavenworth for you!!

Yep you have to love how the courts bend over and take it for the wealthy and the celebrities of the world, and how the greasy, heavily splintered telephone pole gets broke off in the ass of the common man!
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Rush can afford a battery of lawyers. Same a OJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: States consider drug tests for welfare recipients   States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

States consider drug tests for welfare recipients
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next