Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?

Go down 
+11
The Other One
suzyj
nitromaxx98
SlumberGirl
chiefsfan
supermom75
Degeneration X
slider
Justoo
fescue
Owlg8tr
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Empty
PostSubject: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:08 pm

If I don't have it you won't hear it.....yes, I am sorry the request function isn't working on site ...I need to attend MIT for that computer stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Steppenwolf- Sookie Sookie
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Sam Bush
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:37 pm

I don't have no listeners...I have sookie sookie
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Justoo wrote:
Sam Bush

Bela FLeck, New Grass Revival IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? 629896
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm sorry but its Country Gold Saturday night for me.
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:51 pm

Owlg8tr wrote:
I don't have no listeners...I have sookie sookie

I listen while coding webpages ... no commercials yeah!!
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Tomorrow night I will resume some of Big Al's Toons
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Excellent I will be ready to rock out with my soxs out
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Anything by Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks!!!
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

Number of posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:58 pm

supermom75 wrote:
Anything by Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks!!!
good thinking! And that's why I love ya supermom!! Wink
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm

I've been cleaning all afternoon and evening. Been listening to...Fleetwood Mac, Bryan Adams, Brad Paisley, Kid Rock, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, the Eagles, Styx, Tom Petty, Journey, Rolling Stones, Nickleback, Tim McGraw, Steve Miller, Joe Nichols, Rehab, Genesis, Foreigner, Bad Company, Jimmy Buffet, Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Pink Floyd, Phil Collins, Rodney Atkins and other various artists.

Rocking out tonight! IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? 629896
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Violent Femmes
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Mac Davis
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:58 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
I've been cleaning all afternoon and evening. Been listening to...Fleetwood Mac, Bryan Adams, Brad Paisley, Kid Rock, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, the Eagles, Styx, Tom Petty, Journey, Rolling Stones, Nickleback, Tim McGraw, Steve Miller, Joe Nichols, Rehab, Genesis, Foreigner, Bad Company, Jimmy Buffet, Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Pink Floyd, Phil Collins, Rodney Atkins and other various artists.

Rocking out tonight! IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? 629896
cleaning isn't much fun, but at least you are jamming out to the good stuff!!
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:11 am

I used to be such a neat freak, but not so much anymore. I remember listening to some old country when I was a kid cleaning the house with mom every Saturday. I used to hate it, but miss it now. I wish I had all of my albums and 45's on the computer. Gave up the huge console and kind of miss it, but not the space it took up! I LOVE all kinds of music!!!

IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? 629896

I have Big Al's toons bookmarked on all of my computers too!
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:20 am

I got a record player for Christmas, I was so excited! Now I can listen to my 45's!!
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:23 am

I need to get one! I thought between all the other music I had, I wouldn't miss the console so much, but I need to find one that is smaller than that five foot monstrosity! Because I do miss it!
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:27 am

I'll have to show you mine sometime! It looks so retro, its awesome!
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:33 am

There is one in the 7th Avenue catalog that I wanted to get, it was tall and not so much on the long side and had a remote control. Thought about getting it, but $300 plus was a little much for me. It was retro looking though.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:17 am

chiefsfan wrote:
I got a record player for Christmas, I was so excited! Now I can listen to my 45's!!

SlumberGirl wrote:
I need to get one! I thought between all the other music I had, I wouldn't miss the console so much, but I need to find one that is smaller than that five foot monstrosity! Because I do miss it!

What you need to get is what I got my husband for Christmas. It's a turntable that you hook up to your computer and it converts your albums to digital format. He's got so much music, being a former DJ, that it's going to keep him busy for a long time getting them all transferred. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:58 am

Grateful Dead
Bob Marley
Jefferson Airplane

Al, do you have "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire? It's never been more appropriate than now.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:07 pm

I think it is in rotation I will check...
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Just played eve of destruction
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:39 pm

suzyr wrote:
chiefsfan wrote:

SlumberGirl wrote:

What you need to get is what I got my husband for Christmas. It's a turntable that you hook up to your computer and it converts your albums to digital format. He's got so much music, being a former DJ, that it's going to keep him busy for a long time getting them all transferred. cheers
Suzy where did you get it from? That would be awesome!!! PS I have Big Als' bookmarked to and listen to it while I study!! flower
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:46 pm

The one I got him is similar to this one.

linkity thingy to the turntable

Sorry Al, for the hijack.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:08 pm

No worries, there is plenty for everyone
Back to top Go down
chiefsfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
chiefsfan

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:20 pm

suzyr wrote:
The one I got him is similar to this one.

linkity thingy to the turntable

Sorry Al, for the hijack.
Thanks Suzy! IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? 397852 Now back to Al..... IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? 629896
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:29 pm

I"m listening to a little Guns N Roses on Big AL's toons.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks DX...I am playing a few then gonna stretch out my back, oh....and Tv sux
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:46 pm

I prefer good hard rock, progressive, and psychadelic tunes, not the teener rock, and not necessarily thrash metal, but rather well played power tunes. Things along the lines of Deep Purple "Burn", Pink Floyd "Interstellar Overdrive", more intense Kansas tunes like "Magnum Opus" etc. I like serious sounding music, dark, somber, and heavy from the late 60's to the present. Happy bouncy rock just sounds too much like it was made for junior high girls.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:29 pm

just finished up a Black Sabbath set now Jethro Tull...that English farmer
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Frank Zappa,Yes,Blondie,Stevie Ray Vaughn
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 am

Owlg8tr wrote:
Jethro Tull...that English farmer

Wasn't he was on "The Beverly Hillbillies"?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:21 am

We used to sing Aqualung in the halls between classes. Those lyrics got plenty of looks from teachers listening in. I wouldn't suggest singing them in public nowdays unless you're playing in a band.
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Try singing some Kurt Cobain lyrics in school...hahahah There are much worse. Linda Ronstadt is on singin "Baby your no good"
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:21 pm

So I am scrolling trew da musick liberry when I notice "theres no BOSTON" fixed that...I am only on air for a few more minutes
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm not real familiar with Cobain's lyrics. If he had dirty lyrics that's no surprise. Aqualung was about an old homeless wretch that was interested in little girls. It's still a great song, but I'd be careful nowdays singing it where someone unfamiliar with it might hear. I suppose kids still could. Nothing out of a teenagers mouth will surprise nowdays.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm

you have any Beastie Boys??
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:12 am

Old Alice in Chains
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 am

Corrosion of COnformity - Stare too Long
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:09 am

wilkykav2 wrote:
Old Alice

IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Old_woman
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:26 am

Alice in chains got stolen in 1996...I need to rebuy the CD...The mp3's I try to buy ofline have to be downloaded in a special format...I don't like that.

Yeah have some beastie boys....need to hunt them up and dump em into rotation,....sounds pretty cool sometimes as the computer reads tempo. But, does cause some real "train wrecks" for educated ears.

As always thank you for listening when you listen IF you listen!

AL (Big)
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:27 am

Hey, what Alice in chains albums ? the first two?
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 am

I think I'm outta the loop, 'cause I don't know where you guys are all listening to this awesome old school music.... Please fill me in....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 am

How about some old Santana?
Back to top Go down
Owlg8tr
Rookie
Rookie
Owlg8tr

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Nazareth, "This flight tonight" @ 15:33PM ROCK

And if that link doesn't work just click on my banner on here the KMAYX banner just above old Scarecrows sign company. Gotta go air drumming to Fogerty.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Alan Parsons was always great too, such different sounds and music from one group.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 am

How about some Al Yankovic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?   IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IF i played requests,....what classic rock songs might you request?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next