Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...

Go down 
+11
suzyj
slickjay12
SlumberGirl
LukeTHr
Bighead
BigBadBeast
Justoo
The Other One
Ratzilla
nitromaxx98
CelticDragon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Empty
PostSubject: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 am

http://www.feministing.com/archives/014073.html

For the "I hate links" crowd. A 9 year old girl in Brazil was raped by her stepfather. Pregnant with twins, she was given an abortion because her life was in danger and she was raped. However, the Roman Catholic church is going to excommunicate everyone that assisted her in getting the abortion.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:40 am

CelticDragon wrote:
However, the Roman Catholic church is going to excommunicate everyone that assisted her in getting the abortion.

Disconnect their cell phone service?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:27 pm

CelticDragon wrote:
However, the Roman Catholic church is going to excommunicate everyone that assisted her in getting the abortion.

Well I'm glad to see they are getting rewarded. Rejoice folks, the cult has released it's grip. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:00 am

CelticDragon wrote:
RC Church

Is there a splinter group called the Diet Rite Church?
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 am

The Other One wrote:
CelticDragon wrote:
RC Church

Is there a splinter group called the Diet Rite Church?

Not that I know of, but there once was one that was known for it's Jones soda.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:07 am

Cases like this are why I cannot understand the dilligence of the pro-life crowd.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:06 pm

I don't believe in abortion on demand so corporate ladder climbers can screw and keep their raise getting figures, but this case truly warranted an abortion.
Back to top Go down
BigBadBeast
Rookie
Rookie
BigBadBeast

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
I don't believe in abortion on demand so corporate ladder climbers can screw and keep their raise getting figures, but this case truly warranted an abortion.

I agree with Brazil. If it is a case of rape or life threatening so be it. As a form of birth control or policy pushing I think it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:49 pm

BigBadBeast wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

I agree with Brazil. If it is a case of rape or life threatening so be it. As a form of birth control or policy pushing I think it's stupid.

Pretty much my stance too. It always pisses me off that the biggest supporters of abortion are women who just want an easy out because they don't have time to be pregnant, or don't want their figures ruined, and birth control for stupid teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:56 pm

I agree that the only good reasons for abortion are rape cases and health of the mother. Although I am against the government dictating the issue.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:04 pm

What gets me is those who support abortion yet they are also supporters of charging someone with a homicide if they kill an unborn infant during a crime. Not that I'm against charging a person who causes an unborn infants death, but it just shows how two faced some activists can be. The unborn are important when it suits their agenda and tossed in the garbage when they don't.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Perhaps a compromise can be reached. Those who get an abortion must pay for that procedure and the resulting funeral.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Interesting thought justoo.
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:56 am

Ratzilla wrote:
What gets me is those who support abortion yet they are also supporters of charging someone with a homicide if they kill an unborn infant during a crime. Not that I'm against charging a person who causes an unborn infants death, but it just shows how two faced some activists can be. The unborn are important when it suits their agenda and tossed in the garbage when they don't.

I don't think most people that believe in both feel that way. The difference is that abortions are performed before the fetus is viable outside the womb and the cases of charging for murder are usually legislated by that same standard. The only charges are if the fetus was viable outside the womb. There is a difference in fact, if not the sense of emotional loss.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Interesting that you mention that Celtic. I always hear the pro-abortion crowd saying life begins at birth. Can't say I've ever heard one say life begins once the baby can live on it's own. And likewise, I have never heard anyone who supports charging a man with homicide of an unborn infant say that he shouldn't be charged if it's only 3 months into the pregnancy.

The message I hear from them is always clear. "We are women, we want control".
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:34 pm

CelticDragon wrote:
I don't think most people that believe in both feel that way. The difference is that abortions are performed before the fetus is viable outside the womb and the cases of charging for murder are usually legislated by that same standard. The only charges are if the fetus was viable outside the womb. There is a difference in fact, if not the sense of emotional loss.

So does that mean Tiller is a murderer? And does that make Sebelius a co-conspirator?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 pm

CelticDragon wrote:

http://www.nrlc.org/Unborn_Victims/Statehomicidelaws092302.html

Kansas: Under "Alexa's Law," signed into law on May 9, 2007, as part of HB 2062, effective July 1, 2007, an "unborn child," meaning "a living individual organism of the species homo sapiens, in utero, at any stage of gestation from fertilization to birth," is defined as a "person" and a "human being" for the purposes of the Kansas statutes against first degree murder, second degree murder, capital murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, vehicular homicide, and numerous battery offenses.

Thanks Celtic, Your link to unborn victim laws shows that 24 states consider it homicide at any stage of development, and 12 only after it is beyond a certain point or when viable. Nice of you to contradict yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:57 am

The Other One wrote:
So does that mean Tiller is a murderer? And does that make Sebelius a co-conspirator?

Ratzilla wrote:
Kansas: Under "Alexa's Law," signed into law on May 9, 2007, as part of HB 2062, effective July 1, 2007, an "unborn child," meaning "a living individual organism of the species homo sapiens, in utero, at any stage of gestation from fertilization to birth," is defined as a "person" and a "human being" for the purposes of the Kansas statutes against first degree murder, second degree murder, capital murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, vehicular homicide, and numerous battery offenses.

Guess the answer is a resounding "yes."
Back to top Go down
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:36 am

*sigh* Whatever. You just want to be right. Fine. Who the frack gives a damn anymore.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:35 pm

CelticDragon wrote:
*sigh* Whatever. You just want to be right. Fine. Who the frack gives a damn anymore.

The children who he "terminates," i.e murders, probably give a "frack."
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:07 am

CelticDragon wrote:

Even though it wasn't your intent, it was you who introduced the evidence that shows abortion laws and homicide laws contradict each other on this issue. It appears we have another case presented here in the forums showing how two faced our government and some of it's citizens can be.

The Other One doesn't just want to be right, he is right. By Kansas law and the law of at least 24 other states Tiller is committing homicide. The simple fact is that this is not about someone on this forum being right or wrong. It's about women who want their babies to be all important when they can be used as a tool against men, but disposable if they are the one doing the killing. And it's about women getting government supported power to do so. It's rabid feminism at it's lowest.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 pm

Ratzilla wrote:

The message I hear from them is always clear. "We are women, we want control".

Don't know how familiar you are with Gun Owners of America. Their motto is "It's not just about Gun Control- it's about CONTROL".

And I tend to agree.

Unfortunately, it's hard to come up with a similar jingle regarding abortion, seeings how it generally isn't phrased "abortion control". But the same principle applies, IMO. Both sides want CONTROL.

Where you and I may disagree is that I tend to believe that when something is essentially PART of a person's body, then they ought to have said CONTROL. In most cases, I don't think there's ANY real concern for the unborn on the part of the Abortion Control Lobby... their concern (consciously or not) is CONTROL. Of women.

And it's no surprise. That's their cultural heritage.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Bighead wrote:
Where you and I may disagree is that I tend to believe that when something is essentially PART of a person's body, then they ought to have said CONTROL.

So you're saying siamese twins have the right to kill each other? They are more a part of each other than a baby and mother. Which one decides who has the right to live in that case?
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Last night I was surfing and was on youtube. I ran across some abortion videos and I must say, that is probably the most brutal thing I have ever seen. People should really take a look at the videos for themselves. I think many pro-choice people would change their minds. It really is an eye-opener. I am not arguing religious views here, just human decency and I think anyone that performs abortions is probably paying a pretty big toll emotionally and I think it will haunt them as years go by.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Abortion is a tough subject. Last night we were watching a 1,000 ways to die and a guy happened to fall in a trash truck and got squished. All I could think of was eventually, that driver would know what he did, unintentionally. I couldn't imagine doing something to cause death intentionally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:40 pm

don't need video I have seen it taking place and am still pro choice
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:50 pm

So why are you pro murder slick? Aside from rape, a horribly messed up baby that couldn't have any kind of enjoyable life, or a threat to the mothers safety, what good reason is there to permit it?
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Ratz, those reasons are probably why he is for it. I wouldn't be able to watch it though.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
Abortion is a tough subject. Last night we were watching a 1,000 ways to die and a guy happened to fall in a trash truck and got squished. All I could think of was eventually, that driver would know what he did, unintentionally. I couldn't imagine doing something to cause death intentionally.

There is something seriously wrong with me tonight (yeah, I know... you're thinking just tonight?). That sentence just struck me as very funny, though.

Last edited by suzyr on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
So why are you pro murder slick? Aside from rape, a horribly messed up baby that couldn't have any kind of enjoyable life, or a threat to the mothers safety, what good reason is there to permit it?

the girls were 17&18 at the time and the "fathers" were worthless fucks and would provide no support so the girls decide with no outside influence that this was best for there situation and did not want to go through it alone so I took them.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 pm

suzyr wrote:
SlumberGirl wrote:

There is something seriously wrong with me tonight (yeah, I know... you're thinking just tonight?). That sentence just struck me as very funny, though.

Okay, so the guy didn't happen to just fall in...he was trying to steal something and got caught and ran away and jumped into one of those big trash bins to hide from them and yeah...you guessed it...he was hiding all quietly and the trash truck came. Squishy city.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:58 pm

SlumberGirl wrote:
suzyr wrote:
SlumberGirl wrote:

Okay, so the guy didn't happen to just fall in...he was trying to steal something and got caught and ran away and jumped into one of those big trash bins to hide from them and yeah...you guessed it...he was hiding all quietly and the trash truck came. Squishy city.

I didn't mean funny strange, I meant funny Ha Ha. That elicited a full belly laugh. Bad, I know. Couldn't help it, though. *Squishy City... lol!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:59 pm

Sorry... RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... 663906
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:00 am

slickjay12 wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

the girls were 17&18 at the time and the "fathers" were worthless fucks and would provide no support so the girls decide with no outside influence that this was best for there situation and did not want to go through it alone so I took them.

I'll admit that's a better reason than wanting to keep their figure, or not wanting to interfere with a career, or a juvenile trying to hide a sex life from mom and dad, but I gotta wonder why 17 and 18 year olds were having sex without using contraception.
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:01 am

suzyr wrote:
SlumberGirl wrote:
suzyr wrote:
SlumberGirl wrote:

I didn't mean funny strange, I meant funny Ha Ha. That elicited a full belly laugh. Bad, I know. Couldn't help it, though. *Squishy City... lol!

That's hilarious! When one of the kids say, oh, that's funny, I always ask them is it funny-strange or funny haha.

lol!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:02 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:03 am

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to derail your discussion. What a Face
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 am

slickjay12 wrote:

so you were present as the abortions took place?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 am

It's ok suzy, it is Friday the 13th. Your squishy observation seems appropriate somehow.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:48 am

LukeTHr wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:

yes I was in the room while the procedure was taking place both times
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:09 am

You know some young women get abortions and have life long regrets. That isn't just church lady propaganda. I've known a couple women who were troubled by their decision to abort for years. Two of my sisters gave up kids for adoption in the 60's because unwed mothers were too controversial in Catlick dominated Hays. At the time it seemed logical but they have talked alot about regretting that. One finally got to meet her son, but she regrets missing the first 30 years.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:15 am

slickjay12 wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:

yes I was in the room while the procedure was taking place both times

so did you see the bodies afterwards?
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:31 am

there were no bodies the procedure took place at about 2 months of gestation. I saw nothing below the waist when the dr started as she was draped
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:46 am

Ratzilla wrote:
Bighead wrote:
Where you and I may disagree is that I tend to believe that when something is essentially PART of a person's body, then they ought to have said CONTROL.

So you're saying siamese twins have the right to kill each other? They are more a part of each other than a baby and mother. Which one decides who has the right to live in that case?

I dunno... nor do I care. Doesn't have much bearing on the discussion at hand, seeings how you're assuming that both of those siamese twins are concious, sentient beings. That isn't the case when we're talking about a fetus.

I think a better (though hardly complete) analogy would be the 'parasitic' form of siamese twin (common in SouthPark episodes). You know... a clump of hair and teeth that amounts to little more than a tumor, but is TECHNICALLY another person. I reckon said conscious twin has has all the right in the world to have his unconscious brother cut out.

Obviously, this ignores the fact that a fetus WILL (usually) gain consciousness at some point. Given the right conditions, that fetus would become a sentient being. Of course, the same can be said of the millions of sperm that you squirt into a towel while looking at your favorite porn. Same can be said of the egg that gets thrown away, soaked into a tampon every month. Same can be said when two of those squishy little semi-cells combine into a single squishy little zygote. Same can be said of every little step along the way. At what point does it become MURDER to dispose of these squishy little cells?

Catholics say that that point is at conception (though some of the hard-liners want control even BEFORE that point). Jews traditionally believe that that point begins with the infant's first breath. These points are convenient and well-defined... but kinda arbitrary in my opinion; there are very real problems with EITHER of these bright-line positions. In my experience, people who claim this sort of 'moral clarity' are too dense and/or stubborn to acknowledge that HONEST answers in life are rarely simple and rarely clear.

Personally, I reckon that those folks who are best equipped to make that sort of decision are those folks who are gonna have to carry the baby to term and squeeze it out of their vagina. They have to make the decision and they have to live with the consequences- YOU DON'T. Not in any direct sense.

The anti-abortion people just want control. It's understandable, but I prefer that individuals control their own lives as much as possible... 'cause unlike some people, I KNOW that I don't have all the answers. Though I do have more and better ones than most folks.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:54 am

A landowner opens his gates and agrees to let a farmer plant his seeds.

A woman opens her legs and lets a man plant his seed

The farmer provides care and nutrition as the seeds grow.

Man provides care and nutrition as his seed grows

Landowner says fuck you I'm going to plow it under because it's my land.

Woman says fuck you I'm going to abort because it's my body.

Bigheads vision of what's right.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:09 am

See? I told you it's all about control.

We just disagree about who ought to have that control.

Little if ANY of this anti-abortion sentiment is based on genuine concern for that fetus.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:10 pm

It is in my case. I happen to believe it's killing someone.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Of course you do.

So how many unwanted kids have you adopted?
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Bighead wrote:
Of course you do.

So how many unwanted kids have you adopted?

Oh I'm so sorry Your royal highness. Please forgive me for being a complete and total liar in your magnificent presence. You are right, I WANT ALL BABIES TO DIE DIE DIE!!!!
You stupid putz.

Besides being a single man, not having the ideal home environment, finances, and time to raise a kid properly combined with having to care for an aging relative would make adoption an illogical choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...   RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RC Church tossing out people that helped a 9 year old...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next